Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tangles! HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 9:59pm
Pictures!! There's a lot - and sorry for the poor quality - it's a camera phone. Mind you, these pictures I JUST took right now after I had straightened my hair with gel, mousse and a LOT of hair conditioner cream.

These are the strands that came out (BTW I know I need to clean my bathroom countertop LOL)

That is my real hair at the top that was ripped out by the extension when I brushed it!! Those you see ripped out just in the last hour or so when I was straightening my hair. (again, sorry they are so blurry - it's my camera phone's fault!)

Here is a full view - my fiance says they don't look as bad as I think they do. But he's wrong ;-)

This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 10:15pm
dont know if its just my computer but your pics aernt working :(
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 10:20pm
OK - so Geocities is down right now - that's why they aren't working...it says try back in an hour...bare with me - HTML is not my forte'
It's hard to like it
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 12:03am
Maybe it's just the cameraphone, but the extensions in you hair look fine. Of course, you'd also just brushed it, so of course it looks okay. My hair used to get tangled badly underneath at work for some reason...I guess collared shirts and long hair don't mix, and hoodies are especially bad.

But more importantly, those extensions are ripping out your real hair. Get them out, out, out!!!! That should not be happening. It makes me cringe just thinking about it.
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 3:18am
Yep thats exactly what mine did, its bad hair. I tried everything and nothing worked.

I havnt seen very many extensions but my own but that looks like way too much of your own hair comming out with those extensions. I agree with everyone else and you need to take then out right away.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 4:02am
by the way, you need to hold your hair while you brush it, you cant just yank on it like your own hair.

In all honesty I think its a combination of non cutical hair, and you just not knowing how to care for extensions.

you have quite a bit at the top, which to me looks like she didnt put the extensions too high, that it wasnt pulling on your hair. you also wernt complaining about any pulling or pinching or pain, so I dont think she applied it bad at all. its just bad hair, and with all the vigerous brushing, washing, and straightning, its no wonder they're tearing out.

I still think for your own sake you shoud remove them, and think about an intergration wig instead
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 4:05am
As far as the actual hair, it just looks like a lot of non-premium hair that's been washed a bunch of times. That's what crappy silky-straight human hair does after a few weeks, and there's really no way around it with human, unless you want to pay a lot more. The ends get super-frazzled, and the only way to neaten them up is with a curling iron or flatiron, imo (a curling iron works better). I've seen a lot worse, actually.

However, the hair that has come out is most disturbing--that's a lot of your own hair, waaayyyy too much--and I'm not sure that that can be attributed to the fact that the hair is poor quality. My thinking is that they weren't bonded in properly (perhaps they were too close to the scalp, putting too much pressure on your real hair) or the excessive brushing is causing you own hair to break. Either way, you need to remove these ASAP.

Good luck, and please keep us posted. :)
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 4:10am
jenny - but look at the hair itself. she has at LEAST a 1/4 - 1/3 of an inch of her own hair, so it couldnt have been that tight to the scalp to make it tear out on its own. I really think thats shes just yanking away at those things with the brush and straightner, and god knows what other styling tools.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 4:16am
Yeah, you're right, Kalika. They don't look like they were too close to the scalp.

That is disturbing, though. I do think I've lost some hair myself because of overbrushing crappy human hair, but nowhere near that much from the individual bonds ever. Ugghhh........ :)
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 4:29am
ok well, untill you get your hair removed this will help.

DONT overbrush your hair. this seems to be the biggest problem. brush once in the morning, and once at night before going to bed. take your hair in small sections, holding right below the bonds, and start from the very bottem and work your way up. take your time, be slow, and be gentle. this is ALWAYS how you should brush extension hair, human or not (save for curls, then I would suggest an afro-pick). Your particular hair will probably be frizzy, but its crappy hair, you cant do anything about it. treat it kindly or you will loose more of your own hair.

dont just grab the whole pile in a ponytail and yank the brush through it.

The synthetic hair I have takes over 20 minutes to brush. just comes with the territory. as much as you would like it to look like your own hair, extension hair IS NOT your own hair. anyone who tells you you can treat it as such needs to be slapped in the face.

you might want to wear it in a ponytail or bun untill its removed. if its out of your face you wont think about it, and you wont play with it as much. playing with your hair isnt good for ettensions, it just tangles it more, and puts stress on the bonds and your own hair. plus if its up and out of your face it wont look so frizzy.

and get them out asap!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 6:06am
This is an excellent point:

"Extension hair IS NOT your own hair. anyone who tells you you can treat it as such needs to be slapped in the face."

Seriously. I have read so many marketing materials that say, "It's just like your real hair! It's simple to care for." And it really isn't.

With too much brushing, you can yank them out (as shown above), or--and especially if you have thin, fine, fragile hair-- you can break the real hair underneath (not from the root, necessarily, but somewhere on the shaft).

:)

MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 9:20am
I hold it in tiny little pony tails really tight when I brush it - and yes it takes me FOREVER until it's all combed through. I se a really wide toothed comb when my hair is wet and a big brush on the end of my hair and I use a soft boar bristle brush on the top to smooth it down (that's the only care the girl told me about). I barely have to accidently yank a tangled strand and it pulls out with my hair. It's really just hair underneath. I'm wearing it in braids for now. The pics kind of make it look like more hair - the strands are really small that she bonded in - maybe around the size tip of a dull pencil tip. I counted and it pulls out around 10-20 strands of my own hair when it comes out. I don't use really any styling tools other than a straightener and a blowdryer to curl under the tips. I haven't even attempted an all-over Jessica Simpson type curl which I was so dying to do!! Anyway, I'm going to deep condition it everynight for awhile until I have a chance to sit down and take them out. My fiance said I can spend the extra $$ and go to Kristin before the wedding. He says I'm just being a freak about my hair - that is really doesn't look as bad as I think it does (aw how sweet...I think). Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. :-)
It's hard to like it
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 9:59am
MoNi - how are you doing? Your pictures made my head hurt. Please tell me you took them out. Since this is your first time with extensions have you thought about clip-ons? Waaaaaay less damaging (if any) plus it will teach you how to take care of extensions.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 5:56pm
Monica,

I'm sure you have tried to be careful; when the hair is ****ty, it makes brushing and styling very difficult. And the thing is, you have to brush it, without overbrushing it, or the tangles will get totally out of hand. That's why crappy human hair is bad for long-term wear--you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Ironically, if you curled it (in the Jessica Simpson style you want), it'd probably look better in the short-term. Anyway, I hope you're planning to remove them soon.

Good luck! :)
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 3:24pm
Well, it seems that LOTS AND LOTS of leave in conditioner cream, gel, mouse and a straightening iron have tamed the lion. It's not *so* bad anymore. I only lost a few more strands. I'm still probably going to take them out next week. :-(
It's hard to like it
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 4:13pm
You're PROBABLY going to take them out?

Girl, if you don't, I'm going to yank my own hair out reading about your situation.

Please call Kristin and have her take them out right away. Seriously. Not trying to sound too harsh here but you're in extreme denial and your own hair will be a train wreck if you wait any longer.
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 6:28pm
I said probably because I wasn't sure if I was going to do it this week or next week. Probably next week. LOL. Thanks for all your concern though!!!
It's hard to like it
MaginOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaginOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 10:34am
Hey Girl, bummer! Yes, poor quality hair is everywhere. even as an experienced stylist I've had a few bad bunches. One comment about your styling product regimen. I'd stay away from gel and mousse if I were you. It seems those products would only make the hair sticky. With my last set of extensions I had the same problem...ends tangling constantly...I had great success with Bedheads Afterparty product. It's a smoothing cream that worked great on the tangly ends. BTW Kristin is awesome! She will be doing my next set of extensions. Good Luck.
tiamaria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiamaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 11:45am
AWE!!!Try some rusk products(Rusk calm 60 second hair revive,and Rusk smoother, leave in conditioner.) and bioslk!here's some websites for products www.metrobeauty.com www.cachebeauty.com Good Luck sweetie!
tiamaria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiamaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 11:48am
BTW,I don't care for the Farouk' biosilk shampoo or conditioner,Did you say you used them? I meant the Farouk' biosilk silk therapy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic