FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed some waves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author
Kevin Jenkins View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2004 at 8:45pm
ok, i'm currently using Dax Wave & Groom, now tonite ima switch to Black Magic Private Collection. has any1 tried this yet and is it good or bad to switch in the middle of using a current 1??
Edot View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 2:53pm
Hey yall i think that all of us should talk waves.........holla me.......... my Aol instant messenger screen name is edotthekid ..............and my waves are starting to spin!
trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 1:45pm
hey yidnek i was wondering do u put the bar of soap on ur hair and just rub it in or do u break up pieces and rub in i alread have waves but this seems to work better
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Kevin Jenkins Kevin Jenkins wrote:

hey twista, when u say you use Murray's, what kind do u use? do u use the carrot oil or something else? also, i have been brushing my hair for about 2 weeks. i have waves in the back(finally) but the sides are a different story. i look in the mirror and see waves a lil' bit but when i move back i don't see ****. how long do u think it will take b4 i see waves all over? and should i use a hot towel after i apply the pomade??

Murrays pomade (the oragne can with the two black ppl on it with afros.) I got easy wave carrot oil also lol.. Im just a pomade freak but now im cutting down on it and letting my **** go natural with waves. Yes i use a HOT HOT rag/towel when i put pomade on and you should start to notice them when you get ur new haircut.. mayb afta 2 or 3 months.. maybe eariler.
yidnek View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 8:56pm
The fastest guarenteed wave remedy. My barber told me about it and it works. After you shower dry your hair and add some soap to your hair like the bar of soap kind of soap (i know sounds stupid but works!) spread evenly. Then brush in directions, i know theres white stuff in your hair but you can always cover that up. Do this daily once for a week and by a week your waves will be siiiiiiiiick and grooved more then a mutha. Guaranteed! This works by drying out your hair causing it to shrivel up and get that wavy look. No lie baby no lie.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 8:30pm
hey twista, when u say you use Murray's, what kind do u use? do u use the carrot oil or something else? also, i have been brushing my hair for about 2 weeks. i have waves in the back(finally) but the sides are a different story. i look in the mirror and see waves a lil' bit but when i move back i don't see ****. how long do u think it will take b4 i see waves all over? and should i use a hot towel after i apply the pomade??
edot View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 5:37pm
Hey Yall................. wats poppin ...Edot here again.......i was wondering...when urwaves start coming in are they suppose to be even? I mean are u suppose to see some kind of uniformity , or are they all over the place then eventually become uniform.....holla Instant Message Me my aol screen name is edotthekid
Wiz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 1:50pm
i don tkno how brushin yo hair helps, but b leave me it does im tellin u. all deez niggas on dis site kno what they talkin bout,jus BRUSH< BRUSH BURSH, thats all u gotta do. put yo du rag (i prefer a stocking cap cuz it lay all yo hair down, and make it even) and then jus chill, but when u aint got on yo du rag, BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 1:44pm
i got waves but can u explain the process i never understood how brushin your hair gives u waves if anyone knows thanks all i know is i brushed by hair and got waves thanks
Wiz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 1:40pm
i feel yall, i been tryna get waves 4 da longest, see i was brushin my ass off, and i noticed that ill get waves on da top of my head, and a little on da side, but my barber b cuttin against da grain, and he b****in my **** up, cuz my **** b bangin when i get it cut right, and after u get cut against da graind, u gota train yo hair back, and dats some bull****
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2004 at 7:47pm
use enough that your hair is str8 flat down and use a hot towel to HELP melt it down. Yes you can use sportin waves (gold can) get gold can if possbile and black can is alright also. I always been told gold was best.

good luck and happy wavin

hola!
mo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2004 at 8:08pm
can i use sportin wave
Edot View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2004 at 6:01pm
Hey guys...........i wanted to know how much sportin waves to place in my hair. I tend to use alot at one time....like when i get out of the shower. So help me out
Rod1489 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2004 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Shawn Shawn wrote:

Yo I'm going to tell you how to get waves really quick okay listen up. Wash your hair really good and then when you get out of the shower get a comb then comb for about 5 minutes then get a nice hard brush and do that for bout 15 minutes and if you have a Durag put that on overnight or during the day for 30 minutes and after 30 min take of and bam there goes the waves. People will get sea sick ight trust me I got the spinners ight peace and good luck on your new look.
You really should have a du rag to get waves it is easy.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2004 at 7:43am
I do not think that is what he meant...good hair means healthy hair but i do not think that is what he meant...he said smooth so he meant smooth...
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Jrazz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2004 at 11:36pm
When that nigga say good hair he mean ppl wit full black ppl hair.afroish hair like usher
HP3 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2004 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Twista Twista wrote:

ok, i just got a hair cut yesterday. the top part is wavy, the back goes downwards, and the sides have no direction. which way should i brush the sides of my hair as well as the back?

Down. Brush the back and both sides Downwards! You get waves like mine

Ya, waves are tyte once you get em cuz they never go out of style, and not everyone has em. Basically all u have u do is brush brush brush, THE RIGHT WAY. I use to use grease but not anymore, it isnt good for ur skin, at least my skin anyway. I like to ball, so it just drips down on to my face and i break out, so im all natural now. But ya, just brush and wear a wave cap, and yall be straight. AND DONT STOP BRUSHIN WHEN YOUR HAIR IS LONG, THE MORE U KEEP YOUR ROUTINE UP WHEN YOUR HAIR IS LONG, THE BETTER YOUR WAVES WILL LOOK WHEN YOU GET IT CUT. People will get sea sick and need dramamine - thats seas sick medicine...lol...Holla - 1
HP3 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2004 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by RubberBandMan RubberBandMan wrote:

first of all your hair haz to be short right?.. but can u get waves wit straight hair?
Naw i dont think so
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 9:27pm

ok, i just got a hair cut yesterday. the top part is wavy, the back goes downwards, and the sides have no direction. which way should i brush the sides of my hair as well as the back?

Down. Brush the back and both sides Downwards! You get waves like mine
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2004 at 10:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic