Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2004 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by anthony anthony wrote:

Originally posted by trey trey wrote:

ok i was wondering how long it takes to get waves like acouple moths or something please help
i just want to know a ball park figure cause ive been brushing my hair for a couple of weeks and i dont see any results so if u could help thanks

dog i've had waves for 6 years my shyt is spinning i have pics on tha net to prove it all u have to do is wash your hair brush it then put some grease in it called kuza,ultrastar, it will have u spinning, wear a doo rag and u cool but if you don't have good hair it's gonna be hard it's all about the texture of your hair dog, when u put the grease in brush to your hair his silver like.

anthony were at the pictures? POST YOUR WAVE PICS! I got waves also and it took me about 1 month for them show. Dont give up and when you 1st startin them and your hair is long (like 3 weeks and no hair cut) and it looks like you have no waves.. well guess what YOU DO! Get your hair cut with the grease in your hair but plan like when your going to get it so... if i go saturday than i stop putting grease in my hair after thursday so my stuff is easy for the barber to cut.
shawn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2004 at 12:44pm
Yo I'm going to tell you how to get waves really quick okay listen up. Wash your hair really good and then when you get out of the shower get a comb then comb for about 5 minutes then get a nice hard brush and do that for bout 15 minutes and if you have a Durag put that on overnight or during the day for 30 minutes and after 30 min take of and bam there goes the waves. People will get sea sick ight trust me I got the spinners ight peace and good luck on your new look.
shawn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2004 at 12:47pm
Yo you really don't need grease but anyway the best kind is 360 style.
trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2004 at 6:09pm
a yo shawn thanks for ur adivce and trick but i got one question when u said u dont need greese wat do u mean and about the hair length u said it could be long then u can get it cut short after u get the waves

Thanx for the help peace
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2004 at 8:46pm

a yo shawn thanks for ur adivce and trick but i got one question when u said u dont need greese wat do u mean and about the hair length u said it could be long then u can get it cut short after u get the waves

Thanx for the help peace

Grease is not needed to get waves. You may see people with small waves that dont stand out really but you see them up close. Thoses people probably just brush daily and wear a durag under a hat outside.

Hair= Start off SHORT skin low but hair. Put some pomade on there (if 360 than just put some on ur head) (if murrays, dax or sportn than use a hot towel to help soften the ****. Just throw the towel on your head 3 or 4 times till ur hair gets the wet look and not really the gel'd str8 look. Ok after maybe 3-4 weeks with no cut your hair is going to look ROUGH!! but dont give up just keep brushing and maybe go get it cut off with the grease in, but not alot and your waves should be showing, but not good just yet... it takes time but you should notice and feel the little waves impressed in your hair. Waves look good on 5week old no hair cut hair and it looks very good right after the cut and maybe 2 weeks after. If you like short waves than you better learn how to cut your own hair.
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2004 at 8:49pm
Once again "white people" can' t get waves. I know there so some that want them.

Thanks for understanding and sorry.
Chills1206 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2004 at 3:23pm
Aight look dis is how i got my waves.
1. Put shampoo in your hair and make sure its it good.
2.Add lotion into ur hair(yes while still in the shower)
3.Brush ur hair for abour 5 minutes with the last two ingredients in the way you would brush it reguraly top=foward,back=towards your neck or back,sides=towards your sideburns.
4.Now rinse your hair out while still brushing you hair.
5.dry you hair a lil bit(enuff to make sure its still damp.
6.Add sum Vaseline(Petroulum Jelly) and lotion(it dont matter wat kind as long its not hair removal or scented)
7.Then brush your hair 4 bout 5 minutes/
8.Slap on dat durang and u ready to roll.
9.let it sit 4 about 30 minutes or overnight and you should have em.
10.Brush ur hair whenever you take off the durag.

Do this procedure everytime you take a shower or wash your hair. And keep yo sh*t cut
trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2004 at 3:37pm
eh u got ur waves in one day or it took a long time
wave man View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2004 at 9:18am
first you wash yo hair with hot hot
water. then u put two kinds of grease in while still wet.then brush untill desire style is wanted
wave man View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2004 at 3:32pm
[QUOTE]ave man wrote:up wards
wave man View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2004 at 3:34pm

OH yea and wat type of hair do u mean when u say good hair

please explain thanks

trey smooth hair from wave man[QUOTE][/QUOTE]
waves
Worldwide View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2004 at 1:06pm
Some good advice on here about obtaining waves. Just little insight from a "Wave Lifer". Through the Flatop, Gumbi, Braids, and locks phases, Waves still rock on!

1st- waves is all about "training" your Hair this means brushing it often. Whenever you watching TV or doing something that doesn't equire the use of your hands, BRUSH YOUR HAIR!

2nd- when I sarted, I was told by the OG to do the same things. Wash hair, Apply grease to damp hair, brush, brush, brush, and Durag it!

Absolutely true, but a few things to keep in mind. If you have nappy as hair, use Murray's at first, for all you pretty Ricky, half Rick Fox hair dudes, se Vaseline(Sp?), but remember to Brush your hair consitently, in the same direction. Doesn't matter which direction, just keep it consitent.

My man, has a part in the left side fo his head, with his wave "FALLING" to the right, it literally looks like a waterfall, Truelly Sick.

Keep doing it, AND WHATEVER YOU DO, don't cheat with those Duke , s-curl, kitty kurl formulas. That's not having waves, that's having a perm!

trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2004 at 2:17pm
yea but how do they work does it look like waves the wave kits
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2004 at 2:03am
trey u need to really calm down and just figure out what works for your head everyones head aint the same so therefore everyones technique is right for their particular hair texture

just relax and let the hair do the work
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Kevin Jenkins View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2004 at 10:53pm
ok, i just got a hair cut yesterday. the top part is wavy, the back goes downwards, and the sides have no direction. which way should i brush the sides of my hair as well as the back?
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Kevin Jenkins Kevin Jenkins wrote:

ok, i just got a hair cut yesterday. the top part is wavy, the back goes downwards, and the sides have no direction. which way should i brush the sides of my hair as well as the back?

Down. Brush the back and both sides Downwards! You get waves like mine
HP3 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2004 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by RubberBandMan RubberBandMan wrote:

first of all your hair haz to be short right?.. but can u get waves wit straight hair?
Naw i dont think so
HP3 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2004 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Twista Twista wrote:

Originally posted by Kevin Jenkins Kevin Jenkins wrote:

Down. Brush the back and both sides Downwards! You get waves like mine

Ya, waves are tyte once you get em cuz they never go out of style, and not everyone has em. Basically all u have u do is brush brush brush, THE RIGHT WAY. I use to use grease but not anymore, it isnt good for ur skin, at least my skin anyway. I like to ball, so it just drips down on to my face and i break out, so im all natural now. But ya, just brush and wear a wave cap, and yall be straight. AND DONT STOP BRUSHIN WHEN YOUR HAIR IS LONG, THE MORE U KEEP YOUR ROUTINE UP WHEN YOUR HAIR IS LONG, THE BETTER YOUR WAVES WILL LOOK WHEN YOU GET IT CUT. People will get sea sick and need dramamine - thats seas sick medicine...lol...Holla - 1
Jrazz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2004 at 11:36pm
When that nigga say good hair he mean ppl wit full black ppl hair.afroish hair like usher
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2004 at 7:43am
I do not think that is what he meant...good hair means healthy hair but i do not think that is what he meant...he said smooth so he meant smooth...
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic