Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a lot of make-up or natural?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
KISAWA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KISAWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 4:48am
Well, as a former model , I used to be "painted" everyday so I know how to use it and IMO you can use a lot and look natural.
A lot for me means: concealer, foundation, powder, blush; eyeshadow etc......
nobody ever told me I looked too made up!!
Make up should make look good not artificial and I believe that you got to learn how to use it!!

Good books: Making faces, and the ones from Bobby brown and beauty tips for dummy are GOOD !
ll_insomnia_ll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll_insomnia_ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 1:58am
When I wear makeup, I use hardly any. Just the basic lipgloss (I mix a bunch up), some eyeshadow, and eyeliner.

When people wear a lot of makeup, I think it makes them look incredibly fake. Why not show your natural beauty, with maybe just a little help.
no
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 1:39pm
I remember a time....long ago *lol* when I was in that stage where I wouldn't go anywhere without the 'full face' makeup...would take forever to get ready. I evolved, thank goodness *lol*...now I don't perm anymore, letting my hair grow to it's potential, not sure what that is...and go to almost extremes to take good care of my hair...now the makeup is also a complete change. Daily for me is light powder, don't like shine...and sheer lipgloss or lipstick, some days I splurge and go w/mascara *lol* I try to take terribly good care of my skin...have been told numerous times I have great skin and am lucky not to need the heavy makeup. For that I am very thankful. Just turned 35 today and hope that everyones being honest when they say I look late twenties instead and not just being kind! *LOL*

Mylissa
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 2:01pm
Alot of make-up or natural?
Neither.
To me a woman looks best with just a moderate amount of makeup. That's how I use make-up.
Amanda Leigh View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2003 at 9:40pm
I think it depends on the woman and the occassion... for just day to day, I usually wear foundation mixed with a little lubriderm facial lotion with sunscreen... the lotion is nice because it helps it blend with your skin better and it still evens out the tone without looking fake... then a little gray eyeliner and a light brown/rose colored eyeshadow, mascara and some vaseline on my lips (it's shiny like gloss, but more moisturizing)... and then ocassionally a little bronzer on my cheeks and chin... I think if you use colors that go well for your coloring, and as long as they are colors found in nature, they usually look nice... makeup should enhance the way you naturally look, not change it...
Blah blah chickie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2003 at 3:45pm
I looooooove wearing lots of make-up! Without it I feel so naked. Also, I love colors and what better way than through make-up? I have my own style and you can tell that just by looking at my make-up case...lol. All I have are bright colored things. I wear red lipstick, eyeliner, brigth eyeshadow, at least 2 layers of mascara, foundation, bronzer, and occasionally use an eyebrow pencil...It isn't any fun if you go au naturale...I think we should all enjoy life and have fun! My look may not be good for the office...but at night and on weekends......
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2003 at 3:34am
I would choose no makeup, because I don't even look good with too much makeup on. Sometimes I go out with none, but it's just a routine and makes me feel a little safer to wear a tinted moisturizer and sometimes mascara. I wear either lip balm or gloss, but it has to taste good.
Dance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2003 at 12:35am
The natural look fore sure!. I think alot of makeup is not a good look at all.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2003 at 4:54am
I was wondering, can anybody describe
WHY they feel naked with no makeup
on? You'll get arrested if you go down
the street with no clothes on, not if
you wear no makeup. :) So why do you
feel naked if you don't wear makeup?
Is it just because you've gotten into
the habit of wearing it?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2003 at 5:25am
I used to wear make-up when I was in high school, and for a while after. I never quite got the hang of how to put it on right, so it always took a long time and seldom looked the way I wanted, anyway.
I felt naked if I didn't wear make-up because it became part of who I was. Everyone knew the make-up, not me. It was hard to learn to let people see the real me without feeling self-conscious or ugly, but now I don't wear make-up at all and I feel fine with that.
But I wonder if, now I'm used to not wearing make-up, if I had to wear it again, would I feel self-conscious about being seen with it?

Originally posted by duke duke wrote:

I was wondering, can anybody describe
WHY they feel naked with no makeup
on? You'll get arrested if you go down
the street with no clothes on, not if
you wear no makeup. :) So why do you
feel naked if you don't wear makeup?
Is it just because you've gotten into
the habit of wearing it?
More awesome than a manatee!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 1:12am
Duke haven't you noticed that most women wear at least a little makeup?

It's a female thing Duke you wouldn't understand. Most males don't wear makeup.

But obviously a little makeup can compliment and accent a woman's look. That's what people mean when they say that. You are not supposed to take that literally as in naked with no clothes. Makeup is a fashion thing, an accessory of sorts for women, a feminine thing like wearing a dress, or a fashion scarf or earrings or a woman's feminine necklace. It's a feminine thing.
I don't wear a great amount of makeup but I do like to wear eye makeup and sometimes lipstick. I usually wear jewelry too and I usually wear a skirt or a dress.
I like the way I look and feel in feminine attire.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2004 at 2:48am
I like to use super sjiny clear glosses or nuetral lipstick for my lips, but I like shimmery golden/chocalote shades of eyeshadow and dark liner and mascara on the eyes, which works well on my big, brown eyes.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2004 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

I think how much make up you can wear depends on your coloring. I am really pale with blue eyes and blond hair so I can't wear really vibrant colors (but oh how I would love to). My daughter, on the other hand, inherited her father's dark skin (but is still blonde) and can wear bright eyeshadows and vivid blush and looks fabulous. I would look like a clown. I think women of color look great in very bright colors. It also depends on what you are comfortable with. I think most women look better with a bit of color on eyes, lips, and cheeks but if it makes them feel awkward it isn't worth it.

The climate you live in plays a big part too. I live in south Florida, and even today in the beginning of March, the heat and humidity have pretty much caused the little make up I have on to kind of melt off. I just use a bit of shadow and blue eyeliner with black mascara. Lipstick if I am going somewhere but I haven't found any (even those semi permanent ones) that stays on long enough and I think you look much worse with half worn off lipstick than with none to start with.

But fair blondes look really cool with bright blue and purple makeup or glitter makeup.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2004 at 10:58am
I don't feel I need to wear make-up, I just do because I genuinely want to. I see it as a mode of self-expression. Everyday I wear foundation, concealor, powder, and an artistic arrangement of eye make-up. For instance, today I'm wearing four different shades of blended pink and wine shadows, black liquid eyeliner, white pencil eyeliner and LOTS or black mascara. I've never been told I look too made-up, but am often compimented on my eyes. I just want to stand out and be different. It's fun too, and I enjoy changing my nationality with make-up. Lots of people think I'm Chinese, despite me having pale skin, brown hair, a slight upturn on my nose and only mildly almond shaped green eyes. Yet they genuinely think I'm of Chinese descent! It's really funny and purely because of my make-up. It's not a mask; it's a canvas.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Scarlet Ribbons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Ribbons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2004 at 11:26pm
I like a mostly natural look, but I think the most important thing is to look like you have flawless skiin. I use a color correcting kit- ie- I put a little bit of green tinted makeup to cover the red spots, and yellow to cover the dark circles, etc, with a little loose powder on top. That alone works miracles!
Then I use a little powder to fill in my eyebrows and that helps a lot too. A light coat of mascara on the top of your lashes and the bottoms makes them look a lot fuller, but you still look natural, like you don't have a lot of makeup on. Then a little lip gloss, and that's it!
Everything is a test to see what you
will do.
Lauren921 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2004 at 12:55pm
Im a natural girl myself-- in the morning i wash my face with clean & Clear foaming acne wash (i dont have acne and dont want it thank u very much!) then i put on clean & Clear oil free moisturizer... some cover up on any red spots and then a touch of powder of it to seal the cover up... some chapstick... a little hint of mac cream blush (ITs pricy but it lasts for hours and looks like a natural flush) and im out the door... 5 minute makeup routine WORKS FOR ME!
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2004 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Lauren921 Lauren921 wrote:

Im a natural girl myself-- in the morning i wash my face with clean & Clear foaming acne wash (i dont have acne and dont want it thank u very much!) then i put on clean & Clear oil free moisturizer... some cover up on any red spots and then a touch of powder of it to seal the cover up... some chapstick... a little hint of mac cream blush (ITs pricy but it lasts for hours and looks like a natural flush) and im out the door... 5 minute makeup routine WORKS FOR ME!

If it's the only make-up you buy though, the MAC blusher probably isn't that expensive because it's one piece of make-up. Compare that to another person with maybe 10 pieces of regularly used make-up, and it's a small price for MAC.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
natalie13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natalie13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:25am
I like to wear a moderate amount of makeup. If I put too much on I fell really yucky... but then when i don't have any on my skin looks blothcy and you can see my imperfections... what i'm tryin 2 say is don't go crazy on the stuff but you definitely need some!

Luv Nat
xx
natalie13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natalie13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:26am
I like to wear a moderate amount of makeup. If I put too much on I fell really yucky... but then when i don't have any on my skin looks blothcy and you can see my imperfections... what i'm tryin 2 say is don't go crazy on the stuff but you definitely need some!

Luv Nat
xx
hlgreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hlgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2004 at 9:35pm
Let me first say, I absolutly love makeup. However no matter what the look I go for, I always try to make it look as natural as possible.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic