Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a lot of make-up or natural?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
caro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a lot of make-up or natural?
    Posted: February 05 2003 at 4:03am
What do you prefer: wearing a lot of make-up or just a bit or absolutely nothing?
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2003 at 7:07pm
i only wear a little. when people wear a lot it is more shocking when they don't have any on- they look so different! i don't think makeup should be worn because you don't like your face without it- its suppose to be fun (like art for your face). its more important to me that i'm wearing sunscreen than that i put all my makeup on. for everyday i usually just put on sunscreen, some loose powder and clear mascara. if i do wear more then its something fun or funky like bright colored eyeshadow.
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2003 at 8:01am
Hi! I'm with Turquoise Girl- I don't wear makeup to cover up my face or because I think there's anything wrong with it (well, I do think that, but that's not why I wear it...) I tend to wear a lot, tho, cuz I just like experimenting with different looks and playing around with different colors, etc. Mainly I just wear a lot on my eyes- I'm a junkie for dark liners, mascara, and eyeshadows. On the other hand, I'm pretty comfortable not wearing any at all, too (that's the days like today when I wake up late and its cold and I don't feel like moving at all :)).

Inga
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 12:39am
I prefer the natural look. Think it looks much better, it's hard to look at a woman with a ton of make up on.

I'm getting to the point where I seldom wear make up anymore, unless I'm going out.
Ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2003 at 1:58pm
I'm not entirely keen on my face but wearing lots of makeup never looks as good! I usually just wear a teeny bit of blusher cos I have real high cheekbones and then I play a lot with my eyes, lots of black mascara - and eyeliner - sometimes I make my eyes all egyptian and flicky, sometimes all feline, sometimes thick, sometimes natural. I've got lots of lovely liquid eyeliners in different colours like purple etc etc so I can play around with them depending on my outfit and sometimes I pop a but of funky bright eyeshadow on, sometimes at the edge of my eyes blended in if I'm going somewhere nice, wearing something nice, or just want to look particularly funky!

uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2003 at 8:54am
I wear no foundation or eye make-up at all, however I do wear a very sheer lipstick with a hint of pinky-red.
I have tried wearing foundation but it (a) made me look like plastic woman (b) prevented my skinn from "breathing" - I felt like I was wearing a mask (c) made the cleaning of my skin at night more thorough than I would like and led to dryness/over-moisturisation syndrome.
Wearing "full" make-up, i.e. every feature enhanced, makes me feel like a clown.

Much happier relating to people with my God-given, natrural face (with a little bit of brightness on my lips).
Uzi

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2003 at 7:10pm
I like the "no makeup" makeup look. A little bit of *thin* brown or black liner, a little bit of neutral shadow, some brown or black mascara, and a nice neutral lipcolor. On my face, tiny dabs of concealer if needed, and a sweep of powder blush.

The whole thing should take no more than five minutes.

If I had to choose between makeup or NO makeup entirely, I'd choose none. Better too little than too much!
[/url]

Savage Gardener View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage Gardener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2003 at 9:15am
I usually wear black mascara, eyeshadow and a little concealer under the eyes if necessary. I have very fair skin, so foundation always looks too orange and blusher tends to make me look like I''ve just run the London marathon. Sometimes I''ll wear a bit of black eyeliner if I don''t mind looking a bit goth.
Courtney_Josephine_Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Courtney_Josephine_Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2003 at 11:19am
I think personally that how much makeup someone wears is based on the person and there personality. Some women may feel more comfortable wearing little to no makeup up at all, while others may feel better wearing alot of makeup to extreme makeup. However it is defined I have seen Women wearing alot of makeup who look as good as women wearing hardly any makeup and vice versa. It depends on the person and how they apply there makeup to what looks good and what doesnt. Consider the ladys of the 1920;s- They were absolutley Beautiful and classic and they wore alot of makeup. But that still didnt change there natural beauty nor did it cover it up- it just enhanced what they had and who they wanted to be.
Me personally- I love makeup- cant get enough of the stuff- I am always very energized by shopping for new brands and types and colors of makeup.
The possibilitys are endless and there is so much to choose from.
So, just have fun! and enjoy expressing whatever side to you that you have whether its dramatic, shy, flirty, and the moods go on, and when your having one of those days that you feel like doing absolutley nothing at all- than put your makeup away for a better day.
***Cheers
Rose
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2003 at 8:34pm
Sage post Courtney :)
[/url]

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 12:27pm
I think how much make up you can wear depends on your coloring. I am really pale with blue eyes and blond hair so I can't wear really vibrant colors (but oh how I would love to). My daughter, on the other hand, inherited her father's dark skin (but is still blonde) and can wear bright eyeshadows and vivid blush and looks fabulous. I would look like a clown. I think women of color look great in very bright colors. It also depends on what you are comfortable with. I think most women look better with a bit of color on eyes, lips, and cheeks but if it makes them feel awkward it isn't worth it.

The climate you live in plays a big part too. I live in south Florida, and even today in the beginning of March, the heat and humidity have pretty much caused the little make up I have on to kind of melt off. I just use a bit of shadow and blue eyeliner with black mascara. Lipstick if I am going somewhere but I haven't found any (even those semi permanent ones) that stays on long enough and I think you look much worse with half worn off lipstick than with none to start with.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Melba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 8:18pm
Just the right amount of makeup. Too much yo look like a "workin girl" or too "easy" or just plain foolish, silly . No makeup you just don't look as good.

Just the right amount.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 12:25pm
DITTO! Elissa; Sage Post Courtney!

Make-up done right is an Art, an expression...an adornment, just like a great outfit, jewelery or a great HairStyle.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 7:27pm
I agree Sophie, it's truly an art. And I find it to be fun, too, never a chore. It's a chance to indulge in your own creativity every morning.

I recently bought some Mary Kay eyeshadows for the very first time, and they are wonderful! Luscious colors, silky consistency, and believe it or not, no creasing--even with my twelve hour days. Pricey, but gorgeous. I look forward to putting them on every day.
[/url]

Kyla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 12:34am
I LOVE the MK eyeshadows! It was the first thing I bought from them. I HATE creased lids!
As to foundation, I used to hate wearing it, but I got my skincare under control, and now I HAVE to wear even a sheer layer of foundation everyday to protect my pores. I used to be vey blemish prone, but now I have never been clearer!! When you get the right skicare and the right foundation it will never feel like plastic or a mask.
Just my 2 cents.
Ky
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 6:59pm
Just eye makeup for me. Sometimes lipstick.
tina
Deutschgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deutschgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2003 at 12:55pm
Hello Ladies,

I've always thought that a minimal amount of makeup works best for during the day. At night, you usually intensify what you have just a bit. But you always focus on your best feature no matter what time of day it is. If you have nice eyes, than you pay more attention to them by playing them up a bit. The rest of your make up is to remain neutral. There's nothing worse than a woman with heavy made up eyes and lips - they look like clowns to say the least.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2003 at 11:00pm
I think that a great make-up job draws attention to the person, not the make-up!

Since I (finally!) know how to take care of my skin, I wear very little make-up. Probably my biggest reason for wearing it is mascara, since I'm a natural blonde and have blonde eyelashes (and eyebrows). At night, I may go a *tiny* bit heavier, but with make-up, I feel that less is more!
pompompurin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pompompurin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 10:01am
The only makeup I wear is lip gloss and eyelash tint. I always feel self-conscious when I'm wearing more than that - I constantly feel like I have to check it in a mirror! And anyway, makeup is for enhancing what you already have, not covering it up!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 1:34pm
Sometimes make-up is for covering things up....If you are lucky enough to be someone who doesn't need anything covered, then enjoy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic