Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a lot of make-up or natural?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 12:02pm
I used to be a goth so I was into really heavy eye make-up, white face, black lipstick - the whole thing. These days it's just lightish eye make-up (well compared to before, anyway) and lipgloss. Couldn't live without lipgloss!
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 7:23am
i am not one to ever leave the house with a naked face. i always have at least concealer for undereye circles and some mascara. if i'm "going out" i may add lipgloss and brow pencil(mine are VERY sparce and thin, even though i don't need to pluck them). I HATE the way foundation feels. even when it is light or one of those sheer formulas, i still feel like i'm wearing a mask and can't breathe.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 2:26pm
depends on the look Im going for.

"natural" all the time is soooo borring, I love playing with makeup, after all thats the whole point
Nic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 4:13am

Yeah i feel naked without it to its like make-up covers your face and how you really look like just like clothes do. I cant go out without it , i feel ugly without it!

People do say i look so diffrent without it... of course not something you want to hear

I wear FOUNDATION , FACE POWDER , EYE MASCARA , EYE SHADDOW AND FAKE TAN.

I would cut down on the fake tan and face powder if i had a real tan i used to use the sunbeds but have now stopped because of the cancer thing

Jeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 9:39am

I like to go to the tanning beds so my skin gets a nice glow, and I can reduce the amount of makeup I use. But even when I am paler in winter, I still prefer to use light and sheer makeup.

I typically go for sheer and neutral eye shadow, a little powder foundation, and eyeliner and lipstick. I keep my lipsticks in the same family color of my natural lip color to keep it all natural.

My favorite makeup line is ID Bare Minerals because it's loose powders that you apply as much or as little as you want/need. And they have very natural sheer, and beautiful colors for everyday, and a little punched up series of eye shadows for special occasions. This line has also greatly helped me in keeping my skin healthy.

_thumbelina_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _thumbelina_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 5:00pm

During the daytime i only wear black mascara or some black eyeliner (not too heavy though!) I don't like wearing anything else because it seems to always need touching up and I dont have the patience to keep going to the nearest bathroom or w/e! However, evenings I'll often wear tinted moisturizer and a silvery cream eyeshadow. Apparently I look nicer with just minimal makeup.

"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2005 at 8:28pm

I always wear some sort of foundation either Lancome Adaptive or else ID bare minerals makeup.  Lip Gloss and mascara.

When I go out I use eye makeup, and sometimes blush

Pampinetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pampinetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 9:29am
I usually don't wear any other makeup than black mascara, but I use loads of it..! I'm quite fond of my black eyeliner too and probably tend to go a bit heavy on it... Chapstick on my lips and then I'm ready to go! 
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 10:06pm

I still don't know much about putting on make-up :-P .  I usually don't wear any. . . a little lip gloss at most. . . *shrugs*  But sometimes I'll put some on for a special occasion, for photos. or some odd days I just feel like playing in make-up for no reason.  I don't really feel self-conscious now whether I wear it or not.

I confess having a hard time with foundation, as I have yet to master how much to put on -_- , but I'll work on that.  If I put on make-up seriously, there's a kit of almond-y pale-brown shades I'll use, with a little black eyeliner, black mascara, and a kinda mauve-y lipstick (looked more brownish in the store. . . but still not bad *shrugs*).  If I'm just playing with make-up, it's light-blue shadow, metallic blue liquid liner, and a sheer red lipstick.  I don't necessarily need blush, as my cheeks are easy to flush on their own :-P .

I should get some purples for my eyes, as I've noticed browns and blues make my eyes look very blue :-( .  Purple seems to make them look more green.  My eyes are the blue/green/grey hazel, so they change with what I'm wearing, or sometimes on their own whim :-P .

More awesome than a manatee!
malibubabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibubabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 2:24pm
usually every day I wear concealer, blush, and 2 coats of mascrara on my top lashes (it always seem to smear when I put it on my bottom lashes). I have dry skin so it's not shiny and I don't need powder. I hate foundation too. Then on weekends and stuff I'll wear some eyeliner as well, but I don't really look good in a lot of makeup because I have light blonde hair and I'm pale. I like the natural look, but the made up look can look nice too. Like when you see celebs and stuff

Edited by malibubabe
Emilie
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 12:01pm
I like  both. I like a little make-up since i go no-where without a little foundation or eyeliner. I like lots if you are making a statement, not like barbie lots, but something bold, like if your going to a party or concert or something. Also depends on what your wearing!!!

~* Bambi Lee *~
L281173 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L281173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 1:54pm
I like either heavy makeup or moderate makeup.  I like heavy makeup when I am going to a club or party and moderate makeup for the workplace.  My choice of colors changes according to the setting that I will be in.
one classy, sassy female
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 4:17pm
I don't know, I gues it could be said that I wear plenty (foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, concealer, primer, ect...) of makeup, but most people have no idea, except for my eyes, were people still think it's mostly mascara. I don't mind. It enhances my own beauty& highlights what I love, while still looking natural& hiding my blemishes& damn kiddie scars... Maybe it's that I apply everything in small doses?
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 4:46pm
i prefer no makeup, if I use it, I use it only on eyes and try to make it as natural as possible. I think to much makeup makes people look plastic.. 
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 12:39am

I use to only wear mascara but then I started wearing tinted moisturizer
then natural colored lip liner, then black eyeliner, then foundation, then bronzer now I look like a mannequin, seems the lower my self esteem gets the more make up I put on.

InvisibleViolet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InvisibleViolet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 2:03am
 I very rarely wear makeup unless I want to cover up the dark circles under my eyes or  put on lip gloss and Mascara to feel  sexy.
angl96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angl96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2006 at 9:58pm
I wear make up. Not a lot of foundation but eyeliner, liquid eyeliner top eyes only. Dark smokey eyeshawdow makes my eyes stand out. Dark lipstick, I love reds and wine colors!! I am olive complective so  no nude or light shades looks good on me. Blush yup I love bare escentuals.Masacra yup so I guess I am not oh natural. Still curl my hair got blonde highlights, although gave up on the fake nails!! I love make-up and so proud of it!!!!!!!  
Jamgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 4:55pm

I'll go glam/ very dark if I am going clubbing...but for work, I do shadow (I LOVE being able to experiement with all the different colours), define my brows with a soft brown pencil and then apply sheer lip-gloss.

I used to wear powder ever single day, but I have realised how "freeing" it is to just be able to wash, apply moisturizer and go....powder tends to keep me reapplying, because i live in the tropics and being out and about, you end up with a greasy face by mid-day, and with powder over it, thats not a good look! So, if I do wear powder now, its at nights, when its cool, IF I'm going out.

I'm all for mild - moderate and zero around the house or for going out to do simple chores (supermarket, etc)

Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 10:26am
I like the exagerated natural look: as in, black/brown mascara, liner dotted along lash line, piched cheek look, sheer foundation, powder only where needed, and a sheer bitten lip look.
But I can also glam my eyes up very well, when I feel in the mood. Wink  
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
Yolligirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yolligirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 9:09am
I wear foundation and blush everyday.  I don't make up my eyes to go to work, but I glam it up for the weekends and special events. I normally just line my lips and I love lip gloss I have 3 different shades in my purse at all times.
Life is a journey, Enjoy the ride.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic