Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what do you wear that you really don't want to admit?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what do you wear that you really don't want to admit?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what do you wear that you really don't want to admit?
    Posted: September 22 2003 at 12:30pm
ok we all wear something we really don't like to admit we really do wear. what is yours? i'll go first since i started this thread. i'll wear sweat pants around the house when it's cold. i know lyris will love this also when cold i'll throw a flannel shirt on like a jacket.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2003 at 2:10pm
LOL...Good topic PrincessM, Well my at home wardrobe is so comfy. And I change AS SOON as I get home.

Old sweaters and summer dresses, if it's cold a pair of my hubby's snow blowing hunting socks. I don't get rid of old sweaters I just wear them as jammy's.
Their big their warm and cozy and I wear them until they give out.

I should mention that I live too far out of town for people to drop in and I don't have neighbors that live close...Thank god.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 7:27am
Hehehe Monica. I wear men's boxers to bed. They're cut better and cost a lot less. The boyfriend loves it.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 1:15pm
Um... I wear a scrunchee when I brush my teeth?

That's a lame answer, I know. I can't think of anything. I guess nothing embarrasses me.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 4:15pm
.I wear stuff that my friends don't want to admit! What have they got against dog collars, studs and random strips of leather thonging being worn as jewellery!?

I like what I wear, but you don't want to see the state of me when I'm painting. My "art jumper" is in such a state that my mum won't let me wash it in the machine. When it starts getting flammable I may have to throw it out.. I really shouldn't dab colours of on my sleeve, or wipe excess paint off on my front.!
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Endlessnite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endlessnite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2003 at 3:16am
Most of the things that I am embarrassed that I wear are worn at home or doing errands. Such as: baseball hat, jeans, hair in a scrunchy, ponytail, ...
BR,
Endlessnight
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2003 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Hehehe Monica. I wear men's boxers to bed. They're cut better and cost a lot less. The boyfriend loves it.

WHAT!!!!!! Oh so sorry... I gues he loves it BECAUSE you have TOLD him about them...lol
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2003 at 1:02pm
I have to second the men's boxer thing!! The minute I get home, and know I will not be going anywhere else, I change into a t-shirt and boxers. They are more comfortable than regular shorts, I am still decent but yet I am all prepared to be a couch potato for the evening! ;-)

I have long hair and I will also put my hair up in a scrunchie to wash my face or just get it up off my neck....only when I am around the house that is! Bands tend to pull my hair too tight, and it messes with my whole 'relaxed' feel that I have going on! hehehe
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2003 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

WHAT!!!!!! Oh so sorry... I gues he loves it BECAUSE you have TOLD him about them...lol

But of course. You don't think this 22-year-old nice girl would allow any member of the opposite sex to see her in any given state of undress, now do you?
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2003 at 2:03pm
What's the world got against scrunchies? In the UK they aren't really that shameful if you get funky ones with smiley faces on or something.
I'm guessing that we're talking about the same thing - a fabric covered band that's got approx. 2x as much fabric covering it than elastic inside it, so it goes all frilly.

Btw Lyris, why do you have pretty coulor writing? Can I have pretty colour writing? How do you get pretty colour writing?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2003 at 2:42am
I hate sweatsuits, but I'm wearing one right now-- a big, baggy navy-blue one-- because the weather here is getting cold at night and I don't know how much more mending my old flannel pjs can take. *sweatdrops* I couldn't find new warm flannel pjs yet *wonders why not*, so I got this sweatsuit instead.
I still have some degree of pride, though-- it is never seeing the outside of this house, no matter how cold it gets :-P .
More awesome than a manatee!
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2003 at 12:11pm
Fun thread this! I am not really ashamed, but wouldn´t either brag too much about wearing a satin sleeping cap to bed, to keep my hair out of the way. Luckily, husband thinks it´s kind of cute. Only ´cause he loves me...
DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2003 at 4:17pm
I sometimes wear my fur coat that my husband bought for me and I often wear leather.
I am of native American heritage; it is our tradition to wear fur and leather clothing. Yet sometimes I feel it is unecessary to wear fur or leather. I'm culturally mixed about this, I have mixed emotions about this.
My husband who is White thinks it is silly of me to even worry about it. He thinks if someone wants to wear fur or leather they should just wear it.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2003 at 11:57pm
I wouldn't wear fur, but I have no problem with wearing leather. Leather comes from cows, which humans also use for milk and beef, so I don't think it's as bad as, say, mink, who're raised for nothing but fur.
More awesome than a manatee!
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2003 at 12:18am
I'm a vegetarian and sometimes feel odd about buying leather, but I figure I'd rather the entire cow be used than just the meat. That's the only animal product I'd ever wear, and only for shoes and one purse.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2003 at 12:42am
I like everything I wear. Why would I wear something I didn't like?
If you are cool you don't choose to buy uncool clothes.
You people need to learn to be cool!
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2003 at 3:23pm
Ditto on the leather being fine, but fur being a different matter. I don't get my friends, when they tell me that it's wrong to wear leather, when they're eating a beef-burger. Then again, they'll drop a plastic bottle on the floor when they know it takes 5000 years to start decaying and will possibly kill an innocent animal. But hey.....

Tina, I don't think it's uncool to buy uncool clothes, unless you're only buying them because they're uncool. It's just as uncool to buy cool clothes because they're cool and not because they suit you. But I know you're cool
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2003 at 8:42pm
efnys.
If really are cool you don't try to be cool, you just are cool. It's effortless.
And because you are cool of course your fashion sense would naturally be cool, which means, you will of course pick cool clothes to wear that DO look good on you.
AM I RIGHT OR WHAT!
Michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2004 at 12:18am
i wear my primary school shorts to bed and on weekends i sometimes wear my pjs all day.im just about to start year 7 btw.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2004 at 2:28pm
When I'm at home, I just wear my boxers(which, are my actual underwear anyway) with a wife beater or tank top, sometimes sweatpants with tee shirts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic