Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions wanted on skirts for men

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 8:12am
I always thought Scottish kilts looked cool on men.  Not shaved legs though, really.  I can't say I ever thought a skirt (or even a kilt) on a man made him look sexy, but I like it when people have the courage to look how they want to look, no matter what society thinks about them and no matter what negative comments they may hear.  I respect that courage.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
jesusluvsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesusluvsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 9:14am
ugh! thats nasty!
Jean Ann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 6:08pm

I totally agree ! Why not have a little fun with fashion ?

Besides they are cool and comfy

Jean Ann

Jean Ann
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 8:01pm

Originally posted by Debbie Debbie wrote:

I find nothing sexy about any man in a skirt.
Do I think they will go over here in the United States----NO

I totally agree...men in skirts just don't go.

RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
Jean Ann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 9:53am

Women have the freedom to wear skirts or pants

Why not give men the same freedom of choice ?

Jean Ann

Jean Ann
Darcy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 12:33pm

I appreciate the honesty in this post and I am not here to bash anyone's opinion but one statement that I read bothered me a bit.  It was mentioned that "it is nice to have something that men don't have."  That statement should read, "It is nice to have many things that guys don't have."

For example women wear pants, boxers, and suits; items once only for a man.  They even have panties that have the name boy shorts.  So even their underwear are fashioned after men’s underwear.  Us men wear pants, shorts, t-shirts, collared shirts, and dress shirts, all of which women also have.  on top of that women get to wear capris, knee length shorts, short shorts, skorts, long and short skirts, dresses of all sorts, and too many styles of tops and shoes to mention.  Nothing we have is our own anymore. 

I agree that not all men would look good in a skirt but there are a lot out there that would, me included.  I am a heterosexual man that is very attracted to women, but I enjoy wearing skirts.  They are very comfortable. 

It's funny how women get away with buying and wearing all sorts of men's clothes but once a man wears something "only for women," he is automatically assumed to be fruity or fem.  So are these women, and this includes quite a lot of women out there and all the women I’ve dated, automatically butch or lesbian when they wear men's clothes?  The answer is no.  No one even thinks twice about it.  It would be nice for us guys to have that. I'm not going to sit here and whine about people accepting men wearing skirts overnight, because that's not going to happen.  As like the women who fought to wear pants way back when, we will have to fight to wear skirts.  I just wanted to clarify that women are given a whole lot more choices of what to wear than men are and that to me doesn't seem fair.

Anyway, back onto the original topic.  Fashion bug, it is a great idea that you had and good for you for doing trying it.  And I hope one day, hopefully soon, someone can get male skirts into stores. 

redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 1:03pm
If men want to wear skirts I guess they should be allowed too. I'm from Scotland and guys wear kilts there if they want to and it's accepted.

All I'm saying is that personally I find the thought of a man in a skirt a total turn-off and I wouldn't want to go out with ANY guy who thought it was cool to wear a skirt. Just seems yucky to me....
Jean Ann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 2:20pm

Personally I like the idea Fashion Bug

Jean Ann

if it works

Jean Ann
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 6:33pm
uhh, ummmmm... wow!

i have never thought about this before, but the idea does seem a bit rediculous to me... but then again, i'm sure it seemed rediculous to society back then when women started wearing pants; i know for sure they disapproved of short hair on women.. so who knows, maybe i'll see my grandson wearing a skirt and his parents will convince me that it's normal

but for now, and as far as my opinion goes: i see absolutely nothing sexy about it.. NOTHING at all.. my bf is very manly and secure but he refuses to wear pink/red, and i love that uniqueness in him; since the trend now is for guys to wear pink.. meanwhile, i don't criticize other men for wearing pink, i actually compliment them on their courage to do so, but it's not even considered "courage" anymore b/c all guys wear pink now.. they wear it b/c girls think it's "cute," or to show that they're secure about their sexuality, not b/c they honestly like it.. i see that as weakness in personality, as i would not be wearing anything for the sole reason of impressing others.... but anyway, that's just moi, back to the topic:

i think men wearing skirts is a turn-off
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 6:35pm
and for those of u who think it's sexy, is it b/c u get to see the guy's legs?  they wear shorts all the time! same thing
oddlots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oddlots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:39am
I think that certain men with a very confident image can pull off a well-designed skirt.  The key is to make a garment that's meant to fit the masculine form, as opposed to looking like a fratboy on Halloween.  Just look at David Beckham or Busta Rhymes.  Both have a very unique, confident style and were able to pull off a great appearance in skirts/dresses that were tailored to their aesthetics and builds.

The retail store I work for sold "one legged pants" and "one legged shorts" for a while.  Strange terms aside, they were long skirts and knee-length skirts for men.  I don't think they sold especially well, but that's probably because we're smackdab in the middle of the rural southeast.
Jean Ann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 3:34pm
  Personally ,I think every man should experience some time in a skirt ,,,,and learn to deal with life while wearing it . Would probably bring a change in attitudes and perceptions. 

Jean Ann

Jean Ann
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 9:35pm
For hetrosexual men, the only skirts I believe that look good are kilts or sarongs, the sorts of skirts that men have traditionally worn. Ultra-feminine skirts or dresses don't look good on most masculine, hetrosexual men.
Brent
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 9:36pm
Long hair and/or earrings is a different matter.
Men can wear either long hair, or earrings, or both, and still look masculine and hetrosexual.
Brent
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 8:31am
men do wear skirts (moslty long ones) here, but just on parties and festivals... my ex roomate was wearing them sometimes on rave parties (leather ones)
anyway, i never saw a man wearing skirt to the daily activities...                                
Sheryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 7:59pm
hi
i think its kinda cool wearing a skirt and would love to give it a try

Sincererlly

chris
Sheryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:05pm
fashion bug
i love your idea and love wearing skirt and myabe i can model some for you that you have made
i simply think its really sexy wearing skirt for men
Well i am a crossdresser but love skirts especially tight and short ones

sheryl
Sheryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:08pm
i would love to model for you
anytime
sheryl
Sheryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:09pm
i love the idea of wearing skirt and would love to model them for anyone

sheryl
Sheryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:10pm
i'll even wear skirts as well as shave my leggs ans wear pantihose for anyone
simply
love it

sheryl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic