Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions wanted on skirts for men

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Fashion Bug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fashion Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinions wanted on skirts for men
    Posted: October 02 2004 at 7:35pm
I only recently discovered this board after a college friend recommended it to me. It is really awesome and so many cool people here. I love reading all the articles and messages.

I am a fashion design student and I want to get some opinions from everyone here. I find men wearing skirts a really sexy look on guys. Not in a cross-dressing sort of way (like dressing the guy up as a woman) but just as an alternative form of clothing.

A couple of totally hetero guys have been willing to go out with me to restaurants, clubs on dates etc in different skirts that I have picked out for them. They have ranged from sarongs to very short skirts.

As part of a project for this year, I am thinking of designing a range of skirts for guys. Skirts that girls will really find appealing on their men, and skirts that guys will be willing to consider wearing.

So, I am looking first for some opinions in general on the whole idea of skirts for men. What do you think? Do you find it sexy or not? What sorts of skirts do you think would look best? And what do you think a guy should wear that would go well with his skirt? I found it difficult in the past to match a typical guys footwear with a decent looking skirt, the same with shirts.

Thanks

Stacy
Freedom through Fashion
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 6:43pm
I've heard women mention that before, that they found dresses or skirts on men to be sexy.
Well all I can say is,... you won't get me wearing a dress or a skirt!!!
kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 12:25pm
it sounds a good idea something different. i wasnt to be a fashion designer and model am worken on da modelling bit at the moment because am only at secondery school at the mo so i cant go 2 any fashion colleges or nufin i want 2 model my own clothes. GoOd LuCk On YoUr IdEa
Fashion Bug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fashion Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 12:59pm
Brent, Kerry thanks for the feedback!

Brent, I appreciate your honesty :). I don't think most of the male population is ready for skirts just yet, LOL, but I enjoy trying to develop something that is more on the cutting edge (pun intended). Could I ask in your case - is this because of pre-conceived notions/societal norms that skirts are just for women, or is it because you just don't think they would be comfortable or your taste - I accept not all women even like skirts!

Kerry, thanks for your encouragement and good luck with your own goals.

Stacy
Freedom through Fashion
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 1:51pm
I find nothing sexy about any man in a skirt.
Do I think they will go over here in the United States----NO
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Damier500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damier500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2004 at 6:54pm
i love it!
i am a merchandising student (soon to be) and i love that idea... id love to help you with that...
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 6:14pm
I'm Brent's lady, and I can tell you that (like most men), he simply finds it too "femmy" to ever wear a dress. Even if society accepted it more he probably wouldn't wear a dress.

Myself, it doesn't do that much for me.
I do know that several of my girlfriends would love it if guys wore dresses. It seems to me that many women would like to get their men to try wearing a dress but that the men resist that notion.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2004 at 2:41pm
Love it! I do drag and I dont care for very short skirts, prefer knee length or longer skirts whether on me when I'm in drag or as a man, on a another man or a woman. Even a woman doesn't look good in a skirt that may as well be a belt!

I think most men wouldent mind wearing kilts, actually. Love your idea!
banjocurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banjocurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2004 at 10:44pm
there is a yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HikingSkirts/
about non bifurcated garments for men and women. macabi makes a hiking skirt for either sex. also, in the contra dance world men have been wearing twirly skirts for years. they have lots of advantages I can see. still looks weird tho :)
banjolady.susan@verizon.net
Sabrinacap View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabrinacap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 8:46pm
Hi I enjoyed reading about other peoples opinions on Men wearing Skirts.

I understand why men get excited watching a woman in skirts.

I think it is very sexy seeing a man in a skirt. I like to see short skirts as that shows off legs even more.

I would love to see mor emn wearing skirts.

bruha View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2004 at 11:09pm
ahhh, i remember the last time i wore a skirt. My female friend wanted to ride a bungee cord type of ride but all she had no pants under her nice little skirt, so we switched so she could ride the ride. It was acually quite comfortable. *british accent* we had fun in those days.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2004 at 9:19pm
if more men wore skirts, whats everyones position on them at least shaving their legs for the look? hairy man legs wouldent be a turn on for me, shave them and maybe some pantyhose and well talk
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2004 at 12:39am
Men wearing skirts to me is a bad idea! I feel that only girls shold wear them. I mean I wouldn't wanna go out with my man and us both wearing a skirt. I dunno seems a bit strange to me.
leale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 6:26pm
I couldn't even imagine my boyfriend in a skirt. I can't even get him to wear soft colors, like ligheter blues, or even more festive colors like orange or green. He is so lame.
leale
xx buela muerte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx buela muerte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 6:18pm
you mean mini skirts? that sounds good on men

their cute little butts lol
HikerJeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HikerJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 9:37pm
Stacy:

Your idea sounds really cool. I don't dress up as a woman but have wondered in the past why it is perfectly ok for women to wear just about anything guys do, but it is taboo for guys to even wear feminine colors. Is this a hold-out from the ages when women were regarded as inferior?

I'd be interested in hearing more about your escapades in public with guy friends in skirts. I'd love to volunteer if you're looking for any.

I think the best design for a 'masculine' skirt would be a denim one, yeah denim, tough looking! They probably should no be too tight. I think a shortened button down shirt would look good with the right skirt.
ToXiC KiSsEs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToXiC KiSsEs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 4:09pm
I think thats WAY HORRIBLE ! I'm sorry if im being rude but I dont think that it would ever ever ever become popular in USA. I think that guys will go as far as pink or purple shirts here or there but never ever skirts or dresses.

Can i ask you something? why would you want your man wearing a dress or skirt dont you wanna man that seems like he can protect you and be masculine? i dont know about you but its GAY to me. It is nature for a man to masculine and the girl to be feminime dont try to change it. I think if you want your man in a dress then you can have that in the privacy of your home, out of public.

I would also find it amusing to see a really skin adn bone guy to be wearing a dress. That would be horrible. Not to mention a body builder or a muscular man wearing one.
¸,¡|IvI|¡,¸
''i|¡||¡|i''
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 7:57pm
I dont think men in skirts is such a great idea. I like the fact that girls have there own cloths and boys have there own. If men start wearing skirts, then thats one thing that a girl has to share with a man. I know some of you are thinking "Girls and boys were pants", but I think skirts are different. Men wearing skirts is like men wearing high heels and women wereing boxer!!
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 7:57pm
I dont think men in skirts is such a great idea. I like the fact that girls have there own cloths and boys have there own. If men start wearing skirts, then thats one thing that a girl has to share with a man. I know some of you are thinking "Girls and boys were pants", but I think skirts are different. Men wearing skirts is like men wearing high heels and women wereing boxer!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 4:00am
I have no problem with men wearing skirts, so long as they shave their legs first. Women have to shave their legs to wear skirts, so men should, too. If men wear high heels, it doesn't bother me. *shrugs* Congrats to them if they can walk in the things, as I can't and I am a woman :-P ! I also have no problem if women wear boxers, or suits and ties, if they wanna. Old-fashioned gender roles are too confining :-( . What fun is life if we can't change things up and play with gender roles and expectations?
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic