Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just some thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mavin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mavin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just some thoughts
    Posted: July 07 2000 at 5:36pm
hi

What i am about to say is probably old news but i feel i have to say this.

Firstly i recently saw this Sinead O'Conner video which I figure is pretty recent where she is in a wedding dress. At first I thought, could her hair really be that long but then i saw that it was a wig. However the wig was just past shoulder length and kinda layered but it looked stunning on her.

I know she's just recently decided that she's lesbian but that's no reason to have no hair. Long hair looks way better on her.

Also, I was watching old episodes of Melrose Place and almost burst into tears at the sight of Courtney Thorne Smith with all that lovely hair. What possesed her to cut it???? Another person who should never have cut her hair is Celine Dion. She looks a tad butch with short hair and i think thatthe real reason behind the cut was a bad reaction to a perm or bleach or something. On the other hand someone who needs a haircut or at least to lose her fake ass weave is Toni Braxton. Honey -Whats the point in having a weave when it only starts halfway down ya head ??

I also think that Gwen Stefani looks fabulous with her hot pink Farrahesque do. Is it just me or is the Farrah do making a comeback because i've noticed so many celebs with that do.

Also while watching divas 2000 i couldn't help but think that Diana Ross stuck her finger in a plug or something, has the woman never heard of a blowdryer??? btw- i know that it's a wig but wigs are supposed to look better than your own hair not worse.
Another wigged wonder who could stand to ditch the wig is Whitney Houston.

Also Sharon Stone's bowl cut is not that bad for 1989 that is. I never knew that they were doing a third DALLAS movie and were looking to recast the role of Michelle Stevens.
(btw - there is no 3rd DALLAS movie although we continue praying)

just some opinions , i value your replys
HipChic View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HipChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2000 at 6:23pm
Your comments were great, and very funny!
By the way have you seen Sharon Stones extensions? Its like JerkyFlea said, she adopted a child so now she wants to seem young again, it was so all of the sudden..Long hair. She does look better with longer hair but, her own is better!
Dittos on Celine Dion, but I guess she figured since she's taking a break for a few years it would grow back in time for her next appearance or something??
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2000 at 2:27am
I concur totally on your assessment of Celine Dion. In fact, make her horrid haircut my worst (bar far) of the first six months of 2000.

I'm surprised you hadn't seen Courtney Thorne Smith sooner. I'm not sure why women who get short haircuts all of a sudden get deals for skin cleansers, like you can see more of their face or something. (Lea Thompson and Josie Bissett come to mind.)

Don't fret about Diana Ross. She always wears wigs. Fret about her taste in wigs, yes, but not her hair, because it's not really hers.

And I kind of like Toni Braxton's extended look.
mavin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2000 at 7:58pm
Thanx for all the replys.

I liked Courtney's Melrose Place style best, but i started accepting her old cut (As seen on the Almay ads) just before she cut it.

With regards to Toni Braxton- I liked her really short signature crop that she had in 1994 and i also liked that 70's shag she hadon the video for You're making me High. It's not that her current weave is bad but it's just too straight to be natural and also like i said it starts halfway down her head. Although it does look better curly.

phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2000 at 7:52am
Re Sinead: Check out the Cole Porter tribute video "Red Hot & Blue", she wears a fetching long blonde wig which shows off her beauty (tho' I don't approve of wigs). Lately, she's had a jet black "brushed past the ears" crop then she had it shaved to about 1" all over, which is still preferable to the "Skinhead O'Connor" of old. Is she a lesbian now? I thought she was a Catholic priest - still wacko whatever she is, but always a good "hair subject" nontheless.
phil
Karine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2000 at 7:07pm
You're right about Sinead. As I told in a previous message, she is more beautiful than Cindy Crawford. It would be good to see her with long hair.

Did you see my topic named "interchanging hairs" on this board? What do you think about it? (I was a little upset cause noboby welcomed me).

Karine
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2000 at 5:59pm
Excuse the delay, I've been away. I saw your topic on interchanging hairstyles and really tried to think of one, the trouble is you seem to have exhausted all the interesting ones - I just couldn't top it! Perhaps the task you set was just a bit too difficult this time!
phil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic