Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Madonna Cut Her Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2001 at 6:31pm
Reply to message: 3.4916.1
quote:

Jennifer originally wrote:
Reply to message: 3.4914.1
I think the back of her hair is kind of cute! But I don`t think the front suits her face at all. I`m afraid she isn`t aging well in the least. She has very deep lines between her nose and her mouth and the stick straight hair on the side really accentuates it. I think she`s just in her mid-40s, but she really could pass for several years older. I`m just waiting for her "new look" to be a face lift! I`ll be very surprised if she doesn`t get one.

Jennifer

Jennifer, I think you have hit the nail on the head there. It`s the first photo of Madonna I`ve seen where age has indeed withered her. I`m not sure if the hairstyle is to blame, though, just unflattering photography! Having said that, the "style" does seem like a desparate attempt to add yet another image to her already overloaded repertoire, and one which on this occasion fails. Looks nice from the back, though. I don`t think she will do a "Cher" however, she`s a good Roman Catholic girl who will try and preserve some measure of purity. I think, anyhow.
phil
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2001 at 8:27pm
Reply to message: 3.4945.1
Phil,

"good Roman Catholic girl" thats a joke right?
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2001 at 3:26pm
Reply to message: 3.4946.1
It was indeed, AggiePam. And the world is wrong: Americans do get irony! :-)
phil
Fiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2001 at 8:42am
Reply to message: 3.4951.1
To Hal, The name of her coffee table book was Sex, not Like a Prayer, which was the name of one of her albums. Like many of Madonna`s critics, you have your facts wrong. And the coffee table book was not marketed to teenagers. She said it was for adults only and you had to be over eighteen to buy it. I don`t think all erotic images should be banned just because some teenager might see them. Just wanted to clarify that, even though it doesn`t relate to hair.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2001 at 1:55pm
Fiona...e-mail me I would love to debate this with you but this really isn`t the place..HAmick@aol.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic