Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Potatos McGee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Potatos McGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katie Couric
    Posted: October 08 2002 at 6:27pm
I guess no one saw the Today show this morning, but Katie showed up with her shortest hairstyle in a long time. Again, I`m awful at describing, but it looked a lot like the early stages of her growing out period, barely touching her shoulders, if at all.

Just a heads up
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2002 at 8:51pm
Katie is a very pretty lady and looks great in short hair. My wife wears ultra-short hair, (shorter than Katies), and looks great especially when she wears long earrings and a sexy dress!
M`chey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M`chey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2002 at 8:54pm
I saw that too and wondered why no one posted. This is a decidedly different look for Katie. This is a new blunt bob that looks to be about one inch longer than chin length. I couldn`t see the back, but I see signs of some graduated layers that are pushing her hair forward again. All-in all much shorter with some texturizing around her face that looks good with her petite features but keeps her hands busy as I noticed that she was frequently brushing away from her eyes. I for one adore the change as Katie once again demostrates she is a true hair chameleon which isn`t afraid of change.
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2002 at 10:42pm
Looks pretty good to me, though I liked it a bit longer. But anything was better than that horrible pixie cut.
Durango
just me View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote just me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2002 at 11:12pm
I think this is the first step of her going back to short. She will get sick of the medium look and go for a shorter blunt bob above the chin and then get the big snip.. Short haired gals, always go back
Katie C Lover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2002 at 5:26am
I noticed Katies hair a little shorter today as well. I also noticed that the blonde had been toned down some to.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2002 at 2:54pm
Pictures anyone? I don`t get to see her - I`m already busy at work at that time.
Lately, it seems she has been changing her hair (at least a little) maybe she is getting tired of it and is getting the urge to cut. I liked the pixie on her. I thought it fit her features and personality - so I`m hoping she is heading that way : )
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2002 at 1:32pm
Maybe it`s my imagination, but I agree that she is going gradually shorter. It`s definitely shorter than she was wearing it at the time of the Emmy Awards show, when she had it in a very attractive updo. I doubt that she could pull that do off today.

It looks to me as though she may have gotten it cut a bit shorter over the past few days, too. Is this a day by day process? Today, it was shorter than chin length.
Durango
anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2002 at 3:34pm
Thats interesting. Here in Minneapolis, a early moring news anchor got a significantly shorter cut on Monday and it looked a bit shorter today. Its as if they were tuning the cut a bit. I wonder if its the same type of thing?
Bill B. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2002 at 4:15pm
Which anchor in Minneapolis? Thanks.
anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2002 at 7:20am
It is the KARE 11 5-7 anchor.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2002 at 2:46pm
Was a able to catch her today. The hair looked pretty good. It is a nice bob - looked like it might be shorter (layered) in the back. One interesting observation - it seemed like she is tilting her head to the opposite side of her part - assuming to keep her hair out of her eyes. Hope she has a good chiropractor.
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2002 at 7:13am
She has the same facial look she had when Katie wore her hair in that stacked bob a few years back. It is a look of pain...I think the chop is coming before the Holidays. Any other predictions?

On a side note Ann Curry grew at the same time as Katie, Some days her hair looks real good other it seems to bother her, I think she is going to cut soon, they both seem to work off each other
Ben_C View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 8:29pm
I think this was the big hair cut people have been waiting for. She chopped her shoulder length plus hair to chin length--that`s a substantial haircut.

I would imagine that you can expect this length hair for the next several months. I don`t think she is going to cut it even shorter anytime in the near future. I also don`t figure it to grow out to the length it was a few months back.

It is an interesting haircut. On days when it isn`t tucked in, the hair doesn`t look too much different. However, on days where she has it tucked under, it looks very very short. Monday was an example of that style. On that day her hair looked very short in the back. Today it was blown straight and didn`t look as dramatically short.

So, there you have it. Overall the look is okay although I`m a bigger fan of the longer style.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2002 at 10:06pm
After watching Katie undergo the hair transformation of the 21st Century, watching her become one of People magazine`s most beautiful people and noticing how she had gone from perky to totally hot, I have been disappointed with her hairdresser`s current movement to shorten Katie`s hair. Fortunately, there are publications like the Spanish version of People magazine, which ran a photo of Katie at the NBC anniversary party. Her hair rocked then. Hopefully, it will again soon. In the meantime, Ann Curry has taken over the title of "best hair on the Today show."
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2002 at 7:23am
I just want to smack her on the forehead and tell her to SIT UP STRAIGHT! OMG I`m turning into my dad, guess I`ve been a parent tooo long!
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2002 at 9:47pm
For those of you, like me, who are longing for Katie`s hair from days gone by, Katie`s looking great on the cover of the October 19 edition of TV Guide. I can`t get over how much better she looked just a month or so ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic