Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair turned gray! Help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LadyInNY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyInNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair turned gray! Help!!!
    Posted: August 17 2002 at 5:07pm
My natural color is very dark brown. I had it bleached blonde 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I have been coloring the roots myself since I had it bleached. I decided I wanted to go back to a brown so I asked a hair dresser how to do this at home. I told her I wanted a med. golen brown color. She said I would need a gold filler first. So I went to Sally`s today (I even told them what I was doing and they agreed with the hair dresser on how to do it) I bought the gold filler. and a med. golden brown color(preference by Loreal) I used the filler, left it on 15 minutes like they told me, I rinsed it out very well, tried mt hair, then used the color. I waited the appropriate time and I couldn`t believe it!!! My hair is a dark dull gray, I have NEVER seen a color like this. I don`t know what to do. I have to work on Monday and I`m desperate for some help. The hair dressers and Sally`s in town are closed so I can`t call them. Please help me! Why did it turn gray????
Paprika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paprika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2002 at 7:14pm
Oh MY!!
I would wait until tomorrow morning and call a salon you can trust and try to get in. Forget the trips back to Sally`s to try to fix it yourself. You could end up really damaging your hair. I don`t know why it would turn gray...I am so sorry for you and I`m sure once you go to a professional they will be able to remedy the situation and your hair will be beautiful for Monday.
paprika
Kolbi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2002 at 9:51pm
I am online searching for a solution to the EXACT same problem! The only difference is that I skipped Sally`s and just bought a Revlon ColorSilk from Wal-Mart. Please let me know if you find a solution!
LadyInNY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyInNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2002 at 5:51am
Thanks for your replies! Well I ended up calling Penney`s Salon at the mall. The stylist told me it turned "ashy" because I used a gold filler. She said always use a red filler. She told me to get a box of red color (thank goodness Wal-Mart was open...lol) use it first, then I could choose a color I wanted. Well guess what? It worked! The med. auburn filler I used turned out beautiful and I haven`t even colored it anything else yet. I guess the girl at Sally`s wasn`t supposed to be telling me what to use to begin with. Because I wanted a med. golden brown she said I needed a gold filler. WRONG!!! Always use a red. Hope this helps anyone else that is having the same problem I did. :)
Paprika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paprika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2002 at 10:46pm
I`m so glad that it worked out for you!
paprika
Ryan Hall View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2005 at 6:03pm
its called getting old
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic