Print Page | Close Window

Hair turned gray! Help!!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=24946
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:38pm

Topic: Hair turned gray! Help!!!
Posted By: LadyInNY
Subject: Hair turned gray! Help!!!
Date Posted: August 17 2002 at 5:07pm
My natural color is very dark brown. I had it bleached blonde 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I have been coloring the roots myself since I had it bleached. I decided I wanted to go back to a brown so I asked a hair dresser how to do this at home. I told her I wanted a med. golen brown color. She said I would need a gold filler first. So I went to Sally`s today (I even told them what I was doing and they agreed with the hair dresser on how to do it) I bought the gold filler. and a med. golden brown color(preference by Loreal) I used the filler, left it on 15 minutes like they told me, I rinsed it out very well, tried mt hair, then used the color. I waited the appropriate time and I couldn`t believe it!!! My hair is a dark dull gray, I have NEVER seen a color like this. I don`t know what to do. I have to work on Monday and I`m desperate for some help. The hair dressers and Sally`s in town are closed so I can`t call them. Please help me! Why did it turn gray????

Replies:
Posted By: Paprika
Date Posted: August 19 2002 at 7:14pm
Oh MY!!
I would wait until tomorrow morning and call a salon you can trust and try to get in. Forget the trips back to Sally`s to try to fix it yourself. You could end up really damaging your hair. I don`t know why it would turn gray...I am so sorry for you and I`m sure once you go to a professional they will be able to remedy the situation and your hair will be beautiful for Monday.

-------------
paprika