Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank God for curly hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GuyLovesCurls View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuyLovesCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank God for curly hair!
    Posted: June 16 2000 at 6:15pm

Greetings all!

I think it was about 10 years ago that I noticed my attraction to women with curly hair, especially short curly hair.  I was watching A&E Comedy Hour, and the host was Shari Lewis (of Lambchop fame).  As soon as I saw her, I just went nuts...on the inside, of course.  On the outside, I just stared in awe and adoration...and want(?).  I couldn't believe what I was seeing--thick, short, supercurly red hair!  A three-in-one job! lol  The whole time I was watching, all I could think about was simply setting her in front of me, facing away from me, and just  letting my run my fingers through her hair. 

Ever since then, when ever I see a woman with short curls, I go catatonic for a few seconds.  If she appears approachable (and if I'm feeling bold), I'll walk right up and compliment her on her hair.  Most times, I get a pleasant, albeit surprised, "Thank you".  Also, it stems from hearing complaints from guys who don't like curly hair, claiming it's "poodle-y" or "clownish", and the curly haired women who happen to overhear those remarks.  So often, I encounter women who hate their curls, and that's when I pounce, so to speak.

Like the name implies, I LOVE curly hair...the curlier the better.  I know it's a pain to deal with...but lemme tell ya...with me around, your curls would get so much attention they'd probably fall out!  lol

Thank you for your ear!

Jimmy

Kitaria_Preston View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitaria_Preston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2000 at 7:59pm
Jimmy:
Thank you for your appreciation towards women with curly hair. I however, have wavy hair, and hate it, much like women with curly hair. I'm sure all the women you have complimented were simply glowing with the thought of your noticing and admiring their hair. There are always preferences to people, and those who do not like women with curly hair, simply FOR that fact are shallow, and not even worth our time. Basically, poodles are good company, and clowns can make us laugh..two good qualities don't you think?
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuyLovesCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2000 at 6:19pm

Hi Kitaria.

Thanks so much for responding to my post.  I'd like to think that the women I've complemented were indeed flattered, and not verbally violated...lol (I say that since sometimes I catch myself using a seductive tone of voice. Oy!).  Sometimes I just can't help myself, even if the opportunity comes with inappropriate circumstances.  Whenever I see a beautiful mop of small tight well-defined ringlets, I go GA-GA, and I just have to say something! lol  Indeed, shallow and pretentious are two very good descriptions for those people who dislike curls.  Hell, they don't know what they're missing! :)

Once again, thanks for the very pleasant response, Kitaria.  And if it ain't too much to ask...ever think about gettin' a perm? lol  :)

Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuyLovesCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2000 at 6:20pm

Hi Kitaria.

Thanks so much for responding to my post.  I'd like to think that the women I've complemented were indeed flattered, and not verbally violated...lol (I say that since sometimes I catch myself using a seductive tone of voice. Oy!).  Sometimes I just can't help myself, even if the opportunity comes with inappropriate circumstances.  Whenever I see a beautiful mop of small tight well-defined ringlets, I go GA-GA, and I just have to say something! lol  Indeed, shallow and pretentious are two very good descriptions for those people who dislike curls.  Hell, they don't know what they're missing! :)

Once again, thanks for the very pleasant response, Kitaria.  And if it ain't too much to ask...ever think about gettin' a perm? lol  :)

SAD-SAM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAD-SAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2000 at 3:44pm
Jimmy i gotta tell ya, yu are so sweet. Thanx for the compliments to all of us. I have curly hair myself being hispanic and all, and it wasn't until a couple of years ago that i decided to let my hair just be(i used to relax). People like my hair naturally curly too, and i learned to love it(and hate it ofcourse)lol.
Bye!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic