Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moisterizers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 7:25pm
I have found that most of the lower-priced brands make a lot of products that look similar but are completely different in how they make my hair feel. Suave and VO5 both make conditioners that make my hair feel marvelous and conditioners that I can't imagine anybody liking.

Right now I clean my hair with Suave Daily Clarifying conditioner, then use Suave Humectant, and follow it with Pantene. Clearly, your mileage may vary.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 6:54pm
Cebnn,
I think it depends on your hair texture. I know for myself, I can use the Vo5 conditioners but not the shampoos and I don't touch Suave. However, my sisters, who all have varying hair types, can use them without a problem. Some of them have below brastrap length hair.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 5:14pm
CEBNN, I WAS TOLD THE SAME THING. Suave made my hair fall out twice b/c I used it when I got out of the swimming pool and it didn't moisterize or it stripped my hair of it's natural oils.

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 5:11pm
I've noticed a few people saying they use "white products" like Aussie, suave, and vo5. I have tried a few of these products, and found they leave my hair dry, it feels stripped. My hair dresser said the ph in them was too high for african american hair, and was striping it of any oils or moisture it had. does any one else experience this?

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 1:50pm
I stopped using elasta qp recovery oil moisturiser because it has minerla oil and after using it for soemtime, my hair started breaking. i now use Africa's best oil moisturiser with shea butter and tea tree oil. it light and doesnt weigh down my hair. My hair is also fine. Jojoba oil is also good. And Neutrogena Triple Moisture serum
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 12:07pm
EVOO
Sweet Almond Oil
Coconut Oil
Elasta QP Mango Butter **this maybe to heavy for your fine hair.
Shea Butter

I haven't tried these but I know some people that like them.

EQP Recovery Oil Moisturizer
Silk Elements Oil Moisturizing Lotion
Carrot Oil Cream
Pantene Relaxed and Natural Daily Oil Creme Moisturizer

DiamondPrincess   

jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 11:03am
WHat are some good hair moisterizers that can be used after you condition and on a daily basis that's not too heavy on my ends. Note: I have fine hair. Someone mentioned hair butters, oil...please include the brand. Thanks in advance!

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic