Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

breast implants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 2:16pm
Be very careful of those people.. they will have you breast feeding until your child get their drivers permit!
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 2:59pm
Hal, where did you get that impression? As I understand it, they simply advocate natural weaning. By the way, did you know that the world wide average age for weaning from the breast is four years of age? I have no idea how it started, but Americans have been taught that they shouldn't nurse past infancy. We're kind of prudish with our bodies. After all, breasts were designed for children, you know!
Wondering View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wondering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 7:12pm
this is a weird question, but is it possible to get a reduction, then implants?

perhaps princessmonica would know? (or know where to find out?)

thank you!!
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Wondering Wondering wrote:

this is a weird question, but is it possible to get a reduction, then implants?

perhaps princessmonica would know? (or know where to find out?)

thank you!!

hi wondering
i think you can. i'm not an expert in that but i don't see why not. you could call a plastic surgeon and ask them. good questin though
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 8:59pm
I breast feed my baby when she was little. I can't imagine breast feeding a kid until they are 4 yrs. old!!!!!
Those foreigners are crazy aren't they!!!!!.
tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 9:02pm
And if you don't believe me, the next time to see a 4 yr. old kid, try and imagine breast feeding someone that big!!! Holy buckets, you would have to have some BIG breasts!
Thanks but no thanks!!!!.
tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 9:07pm
Now that is not to say you wouldn't want someone a little bigger like,....ehem....a man , -( or a woman if you are so inclined)- doing some "stuff" with your breasts! But that is using your breasts for a different purpose!
I kind of like my breasts, they can be put to such good uses!!!.
tina
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 9:33pm
Tina, milk production has nothing to do with breast size. Women who wear big breasts simply have more FAT than others.

FAT doesn't make milk. Milk ducts do.

I find it so sad that most Americans have no idea behind the physiology of milk production.

Hey, we're Americans. We're PRUDES. We find it gross to nurse a child beyond infancy, even though the benefits are incredible for both mother and child.

Women who never nurse a child or who only nurse a short while have a much higher rate of breast cancer.

So much for technology.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 10:03pm
my mom didn't breastfeed me or my brother. not her choice. my brother was born premature. i was in ICU back then mothers couldn't go in.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 10:23pm
Monica, a premature baby's mother's body makes milk that meets the specific needs of that child! Unlike static formula which is the same all the time, breastmilk changes to meet the need of the growing baby. Breastmilk is a live substance. Artificial formula is not.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 12:57am
my brother was also in ICU. [the story blows people away] he is older than me you are talking about 34 years ago the didn't let mothers go in like they do now.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 5:38am
Here we go again, more lectures from Jennifer on us terrible Americans.
I try to make a joke and use a little humour and it goes right past Jennifer and we get another lecture.
Do you ever smile or laugh Jennifer, or are you too busy lecturing Americans?
.....and if American women are so unhealthy, why is our life expectancy now 80 years?
tina
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 6:04am
Quote ow that is not to say you wouldn't want someone a little bigger like,....ehem....a man , -( or a woman if you are so inclined)- doing some "stuff" with your breasts! But that is using your breasts for a different purpose!

Tina, honey, you crack up up .

I am of the opinion that breasts are primarily for "play" and for attacting the opposite (or same) sex.
Milk production is a secondary function.
After all, you can only breast-feed kids for a proportion of your adult life...you can spend a great deal more time getting sexual pleasure out of the beautiful orbs.
Uzi

Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 6:44am
>>>>i was in ICU back then mothers couldn't go in.

Yeah, things were fairly primitive back then (today, doctors realize that a preemie's mother's milk and her arms are actually more valuable than some of the technology they to help save the babies; that's why a lot of hospitals accept volunteers as "baby holders" -- literally!). I've never given birth in a medical setting; my kids were born at home.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 6:47am
>>>>>if American women are so unhealthy, why is our life expectancy now 80 years?

Technology keeps us alive practically forever. That's great in many instances, but if I'm 90 years old and all my organs are failing, I'd really rather not be kept alive by a machine.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 7:19am
You missed my entire point Jennifer. Uzma obviously understood what I was saying. I was joking around a little.

Lighten up a little Jennifer, we don't need to be constantly lectured, we now as much about things as you do.

We are having some fun here, you don't have to be continually condescending to us and overserious.
tina
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 2:41pm
Sort of changing the subject here but to answer the question about getting implants after a reduction, I have a friend who did that. She had the reduction, didn't like being smaller and had impants--twice. Managed to breast feed her baby and no problems so far.

Not that I advocate implants, I don't. I worked in a hospital where lots of plastic surgeons operated and the number of complications who came in were much greater than the ones who came in for the implants. Nothing beautywise is worth risking your health like that.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
KISAWA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KISAWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 2:47pm
Hi girls,
I had mine done twice. I used to be a model for lingerie so it was better for my work and then I met my husband who literally fell in love with my "twins" and I had them done again (bigger) after giving birth to our son.
My husband is the happiest man (so he says) in the world, he loves them.....
I have the scars on the nipple and they are saline...
I had them done in Paris where I used to live and the surgeon comes on TV regularly: Dr OHANA.
By the way how much did you pay for it?
I paid 22000 F (4500$) twice!!
But hey.......that was a good investment, believe me!!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Jennifer Jennifer wrote:

Hal, where did you get that impression? As I understand it, they simply advocate natural weaning. By the way, did you know that the world wide average age for weaning from the breast is four years of age? I have no idea how it started, but Americans have been taught that they shouldn't nurse past infancy. We're kind of prudish with our bodies. After all, breasts were designed for children, you know!

And your source of information would be............the La Leche League?
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 7:54am
Quote nd your source of information would be............the La Leche League?

No, the World Health Organization! I can't find the direct link from the WHO website, but it's referenced below.

Also, a medical journal -- see below:

The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that, around the world, the average age of complete weaning (defined as the total cessation of breastfeeding) exceeds 4 years! In Breastfeeding, A Guide for Medical Professionals (1985), Ruth A. Lawrence puts this figure at 4.2 years.

http://www.naturalchild.com/robin_grille/right_to_need.html

Also, another source given was Davidowitz, 1992, not for 4, but for 4.2 years!

http://imaternity.com/Advice/postpartum/breastfeeding/article45.asp

As you will see, the four years as a worldwide age of weaning is well-accepted.

http://www.parentingweb.com/lounge/ext_nursepage.htm

Here are sites with some interesting stats on breastfeeding rates:

http://www.kellymom.com/writings/bf-numbers.html

http://www.mothering.com/6-0-0/html/6-3-0/6-3-0.shtml

The good news is that rates are increasing in the United States, which is excellent news for all of us. Healthier babies grow into healthier, more productive adults. And on a financial level, that only has to help health insurance rates, instead of madly driving them up!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic