Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

breast implants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 1:30pm

Bambilee I have no idea how roughly your boobs are handled but i do have some idea of how much an implant can take.  I one sitting flat on the doctors desk he said to my then GF, go head, hit it.  She slammed her balled up fist into it.  So unless someone is doing MORE than using your boobs as punching bags, I think you would be fine. 

As for silicon implants, the latest research shows the recall was a knee jerk reaction to one very flawed study.  I beleive the US was the only country to pull them from the market.

Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 7:05pm
I have definately thought about getting breast implants. I have been wanting them ever since I was 12 years old. I am now 19 and am thinking about getting them within the next few years! I wanna get a small C cup, right now I am a 34 A and I hate it! I always feel so self conscous in bathing suits and I am so sick of wearing padded bras! I just wanna wear a cute top and not worry about wearing a padded bra or any bra for that matter. 2 of my sisters friends just got boob jobs and they are now not happy with them, they both say that they are smaller then they wanted. I hope I don't have that problem when I get mine. The reason I want a small C is because I know that they do get a bit smaller after they heal so I will be like a big B which would look great on me since I am skinny and short.
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 7:44pm

Yep......... Sounds right to me....... Always safer to be on the small side, than be oversized.... I had a Beverly Hills surgeon put in 'Dolly Parton lookalikes', and I had them ripped out 6 months and one day later..... I downsized and they suit my body much better...

Genie

Genie Aldrich
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 3:36am
MoMo - I used to try on bathing suits and just cry.  Breast implants for me were a godsend.  Dont listen to other's, do what YOU want with YOUR body, after all, your the one who has to live in it. 
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 7:37pm

I agree with Kalika. No matter what anyone else says it was the best decision I ever made. From the time I was a young teen, I was teased about itty bitty titties etc...etc... that went on even as an adult. I felt like I got cheated in the boob department. For me personally I did not feel sexy or beautiful. Clothes never fit right, and I was lucky to find a bra that actually fit. I went from an A to a full C/small D. (My Doc actually thought I could go bigger, but I said no). It was the best decision that I ever made. It gave me a real sense of confidence in myself, I feel good about the way I look (in and out of clothes.) I only wish I had listened to the Doc and went the size he suggested. They seem so big when you dont have them then after you get used to them the seem smaller....and thats the biggest complaint I hear from women who have had BA's. They wish the would have went bigger!

I had silicone(gel) anatomical(teardrop). And they are beautiful natural shaped sloped breasts that feel soft. Yes, firmer than a natural breast but still feel great. Ive not had any complaints with how they look or feel!

Different things are important to different people. Personally I would never have eye surgury to correct my vision, the way I look at it, the small chance of something going wrong and ending up blind....is not worth the risk. But I dont criticise anyone who does choose to do it.

Its a matter of personal choice, nobody else can tell you whats right for you.

msblueyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msblueyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 2:44pm
Hi everyone!  Scheduled for a breast lift and implants on the 26th of this month...for those of you who have had this done, any suggestions or things I should know?
msblueyes
GenieA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenieA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 7:37pm

Just follow doctor's orders... I had them 1 1/2 yrs. ago, and would do it again... not as painful, as rumored... at least that was my experience.... However, crucial to not cheat on doctor's orders... when they do not drive... they dang mean DO NOT DRIVE!

A.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2005 at 10:49pm

Well this thread has been an entertaining read

I am booked in to have abdominoplasty in a few weeks (after 3 enormous kids ruined my stomach muscles, gave me a hernia and produced heaps of excess skin!) and am considering having my boobs done at the same time.  I have always been a D cup, but years of breastfeeding has deflated them to the point where I am still in D bras, but I have no volume at the top and they hang really low!  I wanted a lift, but then I'd end up an A or B cup (as once the skin is removed, I'd not have much flesh left to fill it out any bigger than that).  The last doc I saw suggested implants, but I'm worried that in order to fill the available space, I'd end up with HUGE boobs.  I'd actually prefer to be a C cup.

Anyone ever had a breast lift teamed with an implant?

Having said that, I'm a bit reluctant to get implants. Just don't like the idea of them at all.

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 8:15am

I agree, its a very interesting topic.I have never considered implants as my boobs are a doubleD.Which I hate.I oddly enough would like them to be smaller.They are very heavy and not as cute and perky as smaller boobs.

But i have considered liposuction.I think its cool how breast implants can be so positive.Anything that genuinely makes you feel good, or even better about yourself cant be bad.

msblueyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msblueyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 2:51pm

Hi Missrini,

I just had a tummy tuck, lift and implants at the end of august.  I am just over two months out.  BEST thing I ever did for myself!!  I initially went into my consultations wanting only a lift too.  But I was a b cup starting out, and the Dr. said if I only had a lift I would end up an a cup, that didn't sound fun to me, so I had implants too.  I am currently a 34 c and am so happy with how they look!

Good luck to you with your upcoming procedures!  You will be so happy when all is over and you look back to yourself (pre-baby).

msblueyes
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 7:52pm
msblueyes.....may I ask how big your implants were to get you to a C? Are they saline or silicone?  My doc has recommended silicone, flat round shape and he said they were 300cc (??).  I am just worried I'm going to end up with rather large breasts!  It's OK if I end up a D or a C (prefer C).  Did they reposition your nipple when you had the lift?  Are your breasts "perky" now?  Sorry...so many questions!
msblueyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msblueyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 3:53pm

Missrini,

I replied to your above message using the Private Messenger feature on this site.  Be sure to check your in box...

Looking forward to hearing from you!

msblueyes
GenieA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenieA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 1:09pm

EIGHT YEARS AGO THE  SUPPOSED 'DOC TO THE STARS' PUT IN IMPLANTS IN ME.... --DOLLY PARTONS--  I went insane and after he forced me to wait 6 months (thinking I'd learn to live with them...) I had them ripped out... (shudda kept them as paper weights)... then I had a LIFT, as I now had two fried eggs on my chest... THEN ... 2 years ago, had implants to MATCH my upper torso.... that means I had what the doctors call a 'gladiator chest', but very little boobs.... my implants actually look like a pancake.... big in circumference, BUT VERY VERY LITTLE IN DEPTH......now the match is fabulous and has given me a new life... when in doubt go for the smaller of the implants, as remember there is a lot of flesh in your real breasts that go in front of them!!

Genie  Northern Michigan..

Girls... after gaining and losing 700 lbs. in 25 yrs. I lost and have kept off  125 lbs.... that means I am 5'8" and 137 lbs..., and believe me I've had to do a total revamp with my body after all that flesh expanding and contracting... poor thing.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic