Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

breast implants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 11:22am
OK, this is kind of getting off topic, but oh well.

I can't imagine having a 4 year old still breast feeding in our society! Maybe in other cultures that would work... It makes perfect sense in cultures where food is scarce.

But honestly. We're talking about us here, who live in a society with computers and automobiles and Rice a Roni. If you're out of diapers, you should be eating solid food. You should be in preschool!

4 year olds are old enough to have memories of their experiences in later life. No one should have memories of breast feeding!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 1:39pm
Quote o one should have memories of breast feeding!

.....except my ex-boyfriend.......

Hey, it's not me..it's my hormones talking .

Seriously, I do believe that breasts provide the perfect nutrition for children. But when the gums get hard and the teeth are showing signs of coming through...that's the sign that the baby is getting ready for solid food.

I could care less what the "organizations" say on this one.
Uzi

Gally3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gally3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 2:16pm
I'm very glad you guys had few complications from your implants.. but I would never do it because of the risks..

1. Hardening of the tissue around the implant can make the breast feel rock hard
2. Sometimes this tissue can also shrink & squeeze the implant until it pops
3.the scarring from the placement of the implant may be small, but that's more scar than I'd like on my skin :)
4. Sometimes the implant can twist the muscle around it. talk about PAIN!
5. There are all kinds of issues with leaks/bursts. most of them aren't life-threatening, but just the thought of it is icky to me
6. It doesn't matter what kind you get, they won't look %100 natural. I can pretty much tell by looking that a woman has had implants. There are even fashion trends based on the un-natural effects of implants (*ahem*undercleavage*ahem*)
7. Even implants age with time.. and wear/shift/cause more complications.
8. The risk of getting a BAD boob job from the start is scary as well. The "breasts too far apart" or "cross-eyed nipple" looks are frightening to me, as are the nipple stretching that can sometimes occur with implants.
9. Surgery in general is dangerous. You can die on the table. O_O
10. Most importantly to me... the type of guy I am interested in can be intimidated by large breasts. ^_^ Assuming that a change like that will make you more attractive can be a big mistake. Sometimes you have to ask.. more attractive to WHOM?
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 3:24pm
ROTFL! Uzi! I had mouth full of water when I read your post, and I nearly sprayed it all over my computer!

And Gally 3d, I agree with you. Though I have nothing against people doing it... hey I'd love big boobs, too... I don't think it's something I'd ever do, and those are the reasons why. Plus a few more I hadn't known about yet.

Also, I like to keep my body natural as possible. The only thing I've done to it is pierce each ear lobe twice.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 6:51pm
SuperGrover, I understand how you feel. Until I had kids, the thought of nursing a child past infancy would have definitely grossed me out!

However, it is important to realize that an older child does not nurse like an infant. An infant’s only food is breastmilk, and since he has a small tummy and breastmilk is the most digestible food for him, he nurses often to replenish.

As a child grows, he gradually weans from the breast. He starts with a bite or two of solid food. Pretty soon he eats enough food to replace one nursing session. Then, it grows to two. Gradual weaning is definitely best for the bodies of babies and their mothers. Quite often, when women get severe postpartum depression, it’s because they have weaned their children unnaturally and abruptly. The severe dip in hormone levels can cause a deep depression for some women.

Also, the older the child, the less often he nurses. A three-year-old may only nurse at night while he’s lying down to sleep (it’s a wonderful way to put children to bed!). He may nurse only once a week or once a month or only once every few months. The key is that the child leads the weaning. My children weaned at very different ages. Children just have different needs, and a smart mom knows that they don’t all fit into the same mold and treats them as individuals!

Most “older” children nurse at home. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone nurse a child much past a year-and-a-half or two in public (not that there’s anything wrong with it). The advantage for an older child is that he can wait until later. Many moms have a little password they give the children which means, “We’ll nurse as soon as we get home.” With infants, you obviously cannot do that, and their needs must be fulfilled asap.

Quote But when the gums get hard and the teeth are showing signs of coming through...that's the sign that the baby is getting ready for solid food.

Uzma – you’re right! Somewhere between six months and a year, a baby is ready to taste his first solid food. However, breastmilk is still the very best milk for him. What’s really incredible is that the composition of the milk changes as the child’s nutritional needs change. The milk a mother produces when the child is a month old is different than the milk she produces when the child is a year old!
If you think about it, depriving a child of his mother’s milk only to give him milk that is meant for a cow makes no sense at all....

As for biting, if a baby bites his mother his nursing, then he isn’t doing it correctly. Unfortunately, many women don’t know how to get the baby to stop, so they abruptly wean the child which then causes far more problems than it solves. Unfortunately, the general knowledge about breastfeeding (in the US) is not adequate. Many doctors and nurses don’t know how to teach women to avoid and overcome the occasional difficulties that may arise during breastfeeding. Many women over the age of 25 were never breastfed as infants, so unfortunately, their moms can’t help either.

Here’s what I find very interesting about child raising, though. Childless adults sometimes seem to have stringent views on child raising and are the perfect parents until......they actually become parents!

;-)

I’ve been there, too. Once children arrive, one learns how much he never really knew and the unyielding boundaries are completely redefined!
Girl Tia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girl Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 6:59pm
Some of us have to have breast implants.

Those of us who were born males but are females.
The transgender community.
Transexuals appreciate the advancements in science and breast implants. Oh yes we do!!!!!!!

If I was born a woman would I have had my breasts done?????
Hard to say. I don't have anything against it for natural women.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 7:55pm
Hi Girl Tia

I guess breast impants in a trans-gender person may be less risky than in a people who are born females.
No issues with milk-ducts, etc.

If you don't mind me asking, how successful were your implants?
Uzi

arizona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arizona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2003 at 11:13pm
Hi. I've had my implants for almost a year now. It's one of the best things I've ever done for myself.
arizona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arizona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2003 at 11:41pm
It's funny how people who don't have implants or want them are so concerned with women like me who have them.

I feel confident and sexy before and after my surgery. If you don't like them, DON'T get them done! Stop looking. Stop judging.

princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by arizona arizona wrote:

It's funny how people who don't have implants or want them are so concerned with women like me who have them.

I feel confident and sexy before and after my surgery. If you don't like them, DON'T get them done! Stop looking. Stop judging.

you go girl! that's right!
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2003 at 8:47am
I normally wouldn't waste my time on this
discussion, but as there are issues on which
I feel strongly, I have to comment:

1) The idea of a girl (I'm a dude) having
implants is disgusting to me. Cutting yourself
open in such a private spot and putting in
bags of potentially hazardous goop...blaugh.
And phoney. The idea of this operation is
so disgusting to me that while I think I
wouldn't mind having a wife who's had a
masectomy (and perhaps a few other
physical flaws to boot, if she's otherwise
attractive), I'd be really grossed out to have
a wife who's had her breasts worked on. If
you're hoping to attract guys with your
implants, you're probably going to attract
the wrong kind of guy (likely a macho,
shallow type who sees you as little more
than a sexual object).

2) I'm all for breast feeding. I don't want
to pressure anyone to do it, I just want to
point out that there are antibodies in
breast milk that are meant to increase the
chance of your child being healthy. But I
agree with SuperGrover. I think kids
should be weaned while still small and
without a long-term memory to remember
any pleasurable feelings which went with
the feeding. That way, they are less likely
to regret it or to later pressure you to
breast feed again (I am totally against
mothers giving the breast to older kids
when a baby sibling is born, no matter
how pretilly they beg).
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2003 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by duke duke wrote:

If you're hoping to attract guys with your
than a sexual object).

That's not the reason most women I know would get implants. I don't know anyone who would put theirselves through that much pain just to get more attention from the opposite sex. Anyhow, I also don't agree that the "macho,shallow" type of guy is the kind a woman with implants would most likely attract. To believe that,you'd have to believe that real breasts aren't as attractive as implants,which is shallow in itself.
DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2003 at 6:21pm
Breast enhancement, like any body modification (like my many tattoos) are a matter of personal choice. As long as body modification is done safely, to me it isn't an issue.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2003 at 11:23pm

I'd be really grossed out to have
a wife who's had her breasts worked on. If
you're hoping to attract guys with your
than a sexual object.

with all do respect that is your opinion. would you have a wife that is selfconcious of the way her breasts look that she would not let you see? tv and hollywood gave implants a bad rap. now a day just your averge jane gets implants to make their breasts look better to them.
i'm married and ironically my husband is not really a boob guy. by no means he sees me as ''sex object''. he's not shallow ethier. many people i know have gotten their breast done after getting married and having kids.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 9:24am
Well, I didn't say who did or didn't get
implants to attract guys. I just said that
it's a bad reason to get implants.

One way or another, the thought of
this operation is disgusting to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 11:48am

One way or another, the thought of
this operation is disgusting to me.

i think any operation is disgustion i had an operation when i was 7 on my foot to walk better. they took one bone and moved it to the other side. that to me grossed me out. i know that's not you point that operations are all gross. i'm trying to make a point though. people loss the whole point of my thread. it was to was to inform women who made a personal choice to have breast implants or thinking about it, to give them correct information. or to share experiences. instead this thread got turn into women having low self esteem or breastfeeding. would you say alssa milano has low self esteem? to me no. she looks like a self cofident women.
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2003 at 7:06pm
It doesn't disgust me at all. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It only affects you and no one else,so what's the big deal?
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2003 at 8:17pm
From a man's perspective.. I really don't think I want to be with a woman with implants... Although I have always been attracted to women with large breasts I don't think I'd like to know it's not natural.

But I've never been with a woman that had implants so just conjecture....
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2003 at 10:41am
To add my .02 worth to an already long topic, I have seriously thought about it, but decided even a small complication wasn't worth it. The reason I originally wanted implants was to firm back up after pregnancy and nursing. They're just never the same after they've blown up to a DD and shrunk back down to a B. It has been 9 years and they've improved some, but just not what they were.

Twanda
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2003 at 11:49pm
I know a woman who has had breast implants and it's fairly common knowledge. Unfortunately, despite success in college and in the business world, she's known as "you know, that woman who had the breast implants." I work with another woman who used to be a topless dancer and guess what everyone thinks of her? Another woman started getting tattoes when she turned 40 and she's got 7 of them so far. Instead of the department director, she's known as that goof with all the tattoes. Three women in the last four months or so had that stomach-reduction surgery. Two were very open about it; one tried to keep it a secret, but it quickly got out. One of the women who was very open about it has been in the hospital at least a half-dozen times since; she told me she's not doing very well. I know it's not strictly a woman thing, but women seem to care about enhancements more than men do.

I guess to each his or her own. Personally, I believe God made each of us in his own likeness. Why screw with it?

Monica, from the photos I've seen, you're a gorgeous woman. Not that my opinion matters, but if I had a vote, I would have said, leave your breasts alone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic