Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

True Ceramic Pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Carly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Naomi Naomi wrote:

I just ordered the true ceramic pro last tuesday as well. I'm glad that i got alot of feedbacks from those who have tried the true ceramic pro. I have thick and wavy hair and i have tried every flat iron products. those flat irons have kept me hours trying to staighten my hair and the worst part is that my hair would get frizzed up again in acouple of hours. i cant wait to get it. By the way how long does it take for shipping?
Hi I ordered this product just over a month ago, the infermerical looked great so I thought I'd try it also A bit weird though because they said if I paid full price right away they would send it out in 1 to 2 weeks, maybe I heard them wrong and they said 1 to 2 weeks quicker than if I were to pay by installments. I'm not sure I thought the former though. But reading another users comment about it taking 3 months or so, I guess maybe their orders are big and we just have to wait a while, more so now because of the Christmas holidays. Hope it works well.
NubianQueen16 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NubianQueen16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 2:20pm
Hey there. Wow, i saw the commercial once on television real late at night and ever since then, i've been yearning to see it again. I;m soooooooooo intrigued. I really appreciate all of ur comments on this product because i too, like many am skeptical on spending dat kind of money on an informercial product. A bunch of my friends buy like $150 -200 hair straighteners and just wait till i get mine and show them how much better it is, they'll just love it. Because of all ur testimonials, i'm so going to buy the tru ceramic pro a.s.a.p.

I agree with one of the women who commented earlier on whether or not the tru ceramic pro will also do wonders on african american women's hair type. Our hair is thicker, coarser and extremely vulnerable to damage of any kind. If this product actually works on my hair, i won't have to spend so much money on salons, relaxers and hair care products.

I'm going to try it for sure. Thanks.
Florence View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 8:31pm
Has any Afro-American women tried this product?
Stacy-Ann Walker View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy-Ann Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 9:01pm
i have natural african hair. do you think that the true ceramic would work. has any black person tried it
vgomez22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vgomez22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 8:07pm
I ordered the True Ceramic Pro on the 20th of December and received it on the 30th. They had quick shipping in my case and the product works wonders. My hair normally takes an hour and 45 minues but with the ceramic pro it only took 30 minutes I love it. Definetly happy with this item. Worth the price. The order number is 1-888-80-style
Kaila View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 12:47pm
True Ceramic is good but i bought a ceramic straightener and it works twice as as good, im black and my hair is frizzy but when i tried Corioliss it made my hair striaght and reall pretty and its only $80.00 it curl it straightens and its true ceramic. If you want a straightener as good as "True Ceramic Pro" I advise you to buy the Corioliss.
BC Frizz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC Frizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 3:16am
Has anyone orded the iron from canada and if so did you pay extra taxes as the website is american any other ideas so i dont have to pay additonal tax
Adoyle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 12:06pm
Look on Ebay it's MUCH cheaper
nylane777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nylane777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 5:43pm
WOW!!! IT WORKS GREAT!!! THIS IS THE BEST IRON I HAVE EVER USED ON MY HAIR IN MY LIFE!!!

Hello,

I ordered the true ceramic pro by phone on
12-28-04 and it came yesterday, 1-4-05!!! I praise God! I was so surprised that it came so fast! Less than 7 business days! Wow!!!

Well, right away I opened the box and I could hardly wait to try it out. My hair was still damp from washing it, so I had to blow dry it. I liked the ionic brush that came with the iron because it seemed to make my hair softer. I am multiracial and I have very long hair (almost waistlength), but it is very curly, wavy, and tends to be very frizzy and looks very poofy in humid weather or when brushed with no water. Even though my hair may not appear coarse, I have very strong wave patterns and it was very hard to staighten my hair, even with a hot comb!.... not anymore!!! After I blow dried my hair, it was big and puffy. I was really praying that the iron would work on my hair also because God used my grandmother to get the true ceramic pro for me as a Christmas and Birthday gift and I didn't want her to waste her money on something that wouldn't work for me... so to make a long story short, I tested the tcp iron on a small section of my hair and I could hardly believe it! It looked great! My mother did one side of my hair and I did the other. My hair did not look dry and my ends did not look brittle! I praise God, it was so staight, soft, and healthy looking! This iron is the best iron that I have ever used on my hair in my life!!! My mom was even surprised! Usually I used to have to go over the same piece of hair over and over again to achieve any type of straightness only to end up with frizz after a few hours, but not with the true ceramic pro! From what I have experienced, this iron is well worth the money!

The real test was when I went outside, I live in Southern California, and currently we have had alot of rain and it has been very cold and damp outside.
I usually never wear my hair down, but yesterday after using the true ceramic pro, I wore it mostly down, I went outside in the damp weather and my hair did not frizz out! Praise the Lord! Both my mom and I were amazed that my hair remained so straight in that kind of weather.

I just wanted to write this to encourage anyone with ethnic hair, to try the true ceramic pro. It's only $14.99 to try it for 30 days if you don't like it at least you get to keep the accesories just for trying it! Also, there is a 6 month warranty for the iron itself!

The ordering number is 888-80-STYLE and the official web address is www.advancedbeautysolutions.com

Additional Note: On the official website it might say $15.99 for s/h, but when I called and spoke to a representative, she charged me $14.99 for s/h, so maybe it would be a good idea to call the toll free number. This is the official number from the official website.

Jesus loves you!
srcmartin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srcmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 11:53am
I appreciate the feedback on this product, as I am interested in it too. I was wondering if any of you had the website or the phone number for the infomercial? I had found a few sites online that carry it, but did not find the site that gives you the $14.99 intro price to try it out.

Thanks for you help!
Tanya361 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanya361 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by sherie65 sherie65 wrote:

I was just wondering if there are any black women who have tried this product. All these infomecials seem to have either half black half white women or full black women with a relaxer so there is no true reflection of me in these commercials.

I am black and I have very unruly hair and, as you can tell from my previous reply, it works for me. And it's still going strong. I am a month past due for a relaxer and my hair is still looking fabulous. The roots could use some work cuz I'm still afraid to get that close to my scalp with it, but it looks great. I could post a picture if needed. :)
Hartensia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartensia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 12:22am
I just order it for my daughter, she is only six. Both she and I hate having to comb her hair, Im hoping this product is a Godsend. I will let you guys know the details asap. Great forum bye the way.
Florence View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 7:32am
I just ordered the TCP and hopefully soon, I will recieve it. I'm really looking forward to trying it. I read alot of responses and so far eveything appears to of positive results. The true test for me will be on my oldest daughter's hair. She has thick long hair and about 1 1/2 years ago, I broke down and put a relaxer in it. We do it every six months, just to keep it soft and manageable, plus she's at that age she wants to comb it herself. She's 11 y/o. I hoping to grow out her relaxer. So far, its been since Sept since that last touch-up. I'm hoping with this new product we won't need one. Plus I'm looking forward to using it on my youngest daughter's hair as well. She's 8 and has mixed hair althought she's not mixed. She has that long "wash and wear" that altought it does not need relaxing, it takes an hour to wash and blow straight.

Until then, we'll wait patiently for our miracle
Adrienne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrienne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 5:15pm
I finally got my True Ceramic Pro yesterday. I thought it was packaged terribly. The brush had 3 teeth missing and the case that is suppose to hold the flat iron, clips, etc. looked used... but the iron itself was wrapped in plastic in a box.. so I used it this morning and it works wonderful! I like the size because it allows me to flip the tips of my hair out and even curl it a bit. I have long hair and have been using the Jilbere 2 1/2 inch iron.. which works great also, but seems to burn my hair a bit. I will let you guys know if I decide to keep the True Ceramic Pro or not... being that I've only tried it once, I will have to try it a few more times......

Has anyone used it and not liked it? Any returned theirs? I haven't read any horror stories yet.... I'd like to hear the bad parts too please!
aledan03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aledan03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 8:25pm
hi girls,

well i have been trying to reply to this thread for the longest time but i was having trouble registering. anyways, i checked this thread daily because i also ordered the tru ceramic pro and i couldn't wait to get it. my shipping took forever. i order it on Nov 27th and got it on Jan 4th. anyways, i have very thick, frizzy, and wavy hair. nothing i tried worked on my hair. i even paid $180 for the HARDCORE straight iron form toni and guy and it didn't work in my hair. all my life i have looked for something to tame my hair. this iron works wonders for my hair. i think it is worth the price, i probably would pay even more. i didn't even have to use any products. i blow dried my hair and it was very frizzy and puffy. then i followed the instructions on the dvd and it worked! now i get so many compliments on my hair and it had raised my self esteem so much. its the best gift i've ever received. my advice to anyone who is debating----TRY IT! TRY IT! TRY IT! you absolutely won't regret it.
Aubrey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aubrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 8:53pm
Two of my roommates have the True Ceramic Pro and it is so awesome. I want one for myself but I can't afford it. However, they bought there's at a beauty store. No shipping! I think it was True Beauty or something like that. My suggestion to anyone who is thinking of buying it is checking around in the stores to see if anyone carries it. (You know you can never believe the tv when it says "not available in stores") Good Luck!
ESTELLE View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ESTELLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 9:34pm
I WAITED TWO MONTHS FOR THIS MIRICAL THING MY HAIR IS THICK AND UNMANAGABLE SO I SAID WHAT THE HELL STUMBLED UPONE THIS WEB SITE AND REALLY GOT HAPPY COULD NOT WAIT OK RECIVED IT TO DAY PUT EVERY THING OFF THAT WAS PLANED AND TOOK A SHOWER WASHED MY HAIR WITH THE PRODUCTS AND PLUGED IT IN GOT STARED AND I WAS HAPPY ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS THING GOT HOT AS HELL BURNED MY HAIR AND TOOK A LOT OF IT WITH IT DONT KN0W WHAT WENT WRONG THE IRON IT SELF MELTED IM GOING TO CALL TOMARROW AND REQUEST A NEW ONE AND GIVE IT A TRY AGAIN. I WAS SO DISAPOINTED
Olga Miller View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olga Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 11:09am
Hi,

Please do not purchase this product. My daughter just burned a section of her hair off using this tool.
nylane777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nylane777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 5:51pm
The iron has adjustable heat settings and should not burn the hair. If you have very fine hair, you should begin with the lowest temperature setting first as to avoid any damage to the hair. If you notice that the iron is unusually hot even on the lowest setting, most likely you have a defective iron and you should return it to the company and exchange it for a new one. If someone says that the true ceramic pro burned off their hair, you should find out the complete details of how it happened, like what heat setting was the iron set to when the incident happened?, did the person have color treated hair?, etc.. before just deeming it a bad product, because it might have been set at too high of a setting for that person's particular hair type or possibly it was a defective iron.

Jesus loves you!

Tanaya View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 1:33pm
Yes... I bought it. It is wonderful. It is so fast and I can do my hair wet straight from the shower. I have used others before and this one is the best. It is worth the price. Plus you get some nice free things. The greatest thing is that it gets so hot and it sets so fast and lasts until you wash your hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic