Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

True Ceramic Pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Krystle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by SarasMom SarasMom wrote:

So I was wondering... did you order by phone, by mail, or online? I'm guessing it was my phone and that a "real person" told you it would be 3-5 weeks, but if you can clarify that for me, I'd really appreciate it. Some others here got theirs within a WEEK or so -- I wonder how much they bribed the rep on the phone to get it so fast? Just kidding, of course.

Thanks,
Helaine

Hey Helaine,
I ordered the TCP by phone ... the guy I spoke with said that I should receive it within 3-5 weeks and that I would receive an email when it ships out. I asked him why It was going to take so long and he said because there is a high demand for them. I hope I get it sooner...that would be great.

Hope this helps...krystle
Krystle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Tanya361 Tanya361 wrote:

It's as if my hair actually RESISTS HUMIDITY.

Wow...I am so excited about this straightener now...I wish it would come already....I don't want to wait 5 weeks for it....lol.

Thanks!
jennamk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennamk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 2:18pm
I bought the True Ceramic Pro as seen on TV and it wouldn''''t even heat up!!! I returned it 4 weeks ago and got no refund so far. Don''''t waste your money on Informercial JUNK. Get a Sedu or Chi iron!
BeautifulHair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautifulHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 10:06am
Originally posted by jennamk jennamk wrote:

I bought the True Ceramic Pro as seen on TV and it wouldn''''t even heat up!!! I returned it 4 weeks ago and got no refund so far. Don''''t waste your money on Informercial JUNK. Get a Sedu or Chi iron!

Wow...that sucks. From experience it usually takes 1 to 2 months for a refund to go through. I hope everything works out for you...man, that really really sucks.
SarasMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarasMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 11:38am
Krystle, I am SO PSYCHED! I ordered the thing on January 13, and the UPS man JUST delivered it 5 minutes ago -- so I don't think you'll have to wait 3-5 weeks!

Now all I have to do is wait for the "guinea pig" to come home from school and we can try it out!

Okay, everyone, definitely look for some posts from me in the next couple of days with results (cross your fingers).

Helaine
dork123 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dork123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 8:18pm
It took about 2-3 weeks till I got mine, no big deal. I don't mind the wait.
Naomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 12:14pm
I received The true ceramic pro on christmas eve, and it only took two weeks to ship. The TCP works wonders...because i have very thick hair it takes me about an hour to have it straightened, but i noticed the difference and it's awsome. :-). However, the only thing is that i noticed that my hair began to feel very dry and the hair sprays that the TCP offers dont work well on my hair. The shine only lasted for 20 minutes and it looked unhealthy. I wouldn't recommend any one to use the hair sprays. but for better results i use (Citre shine) for constant heat, and it showed a great difference my hair, it felt alot softer and healthier. All my friends noticed how straight and healthy my hair looks and order the TCP as well. This Iron is Great!!! it saves alot of time and most of all money.
MeganLV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeganLV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 3:07pm
I previously asked about the alternative to True Ceramic Pro:

Has anyone had any experience using the iron from Sally Beauty Supply that''s like the True Ceramic Pro?

The iron is part of their "Ion" line of dryers and irons, and it has all the features of the TCP, including the negative ion stuff that seals the moisture into your hair. At the store, the sign for the iron says, "As Seen on TV," so I think they''re trying to compete.

Anyway, the iron costs $99.99, and through the end of January, they''re giving away a $27.00 Ionic blowdryer if you buy the iron. Using the green card at Sally''s makes the deal even better, spend $2. to get the discount card, and the iron and free blowdryer only cost $89.99!

I was a little wierded out by TCP not explaining the costs of everything on their infomercial, and then several people here have had shipping problems (delays and things not packed well, might be used, etc.). So.... I''m trying to figure out if going with the Sally option might be cheaper and easier for the same function.

If you know anything about this one, I''d appreciate hearing your opinions.

---

Following up, I bought the machine because I checked on the return policy at Sally, which is 90 days for any reason with receipt. So I gave it a shot, and for anyone else who wants to save money, I'll let you know that it did everything I saw on the commercial for True Ceramic Pro, except tightly curl hair, which I don't really need anyway. The straightening was great but what was better was the shine, and the softness I felt on my hair.

I wondered if the one response I had saying don't try it was a real answer, or someone who doesn't want us to know that there alternative products out there that are cheaper and work as well. There were no reasons given, and it was so sharp and not friendly.

So, these are just my thoughts, I'll throw my experience into the mix, and if it helps someone, so much the better. I don't have an interest in either iron, but I am always on the hunt for things that help you look cuter :)

Good luck to everyone.
Jmaie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmaie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 7:18pm
i have a conhair straightener.
does anyone know of somthing i can get at a drugstore to put in my hair before i straighten it so i do not fry it?
thanx
Cant_find_waldo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cant_find_waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 1:43am
Were can i find it cheaper!!!!!???????
missrachel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrachel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 10:51am
Hello. I''ve been reading the posts about True Ceramic Pro and I''m pretty interested in it now. But, this is my concern. I have naturally curly thick hair, but I''m NOT looking for permanent straightening. I had my hair chemically straightened about 4 years ago and it taught me to love my curly hair. But, I would still like to have the straight look every now and then just to mix things up. I''ve read in some of the posts that some flat irons were actually causing the hair to stay straight for months at a time. That I don''t want! I just need something to straighten and smooth my hair for the day and then go back to curly when I wash it. Can anybody tell me which experience they''ve had with TCP? Thanks so much!
ella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 12:09pm
Hi Missrachel,

I ordered the True Ceramic Pro and received the product within a week of my order. I tried it on my daughter's hair which is very thick and coarse. She did not care for the results as her hair felt stiff after using the iron. I tried it on my niece whose hair texture is extremely curly, but not as thick as my daughter's and it straightend her hair just fine. Both girls (19 and 22) have chemically straightened hair. I am 48 and have let the chemical straightener grow completely out of my hair. Before I ordered the True Ceramic Pro, I used a Golden Hot flat iron, which did straighten my hair, but did not have adjustable heat settings. When I used the Golden Hot iron, my hair would frizz when exposed to the slightest bit of humididty. (I live in Houston, so there are very few days when the humididty is low) I tried the True Ceramic Pro on my hair and am thrilled with the results. I was able to straighten and curl in one step and the curls are holding!!! I was skeptical about the price at first, but my oldest daughter who is in cosmetology school says that comparable flat irons cost as much as this one or more. My hair texture is thich and curly, but not very coarse. With the True Ceramic Pro my hair looks like I've been to the salon for a perm! I am very pleased with this product. Hope this helps.

Ella

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrachel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by ella ella wrote:

Hi Missrachel,

I ordered the True Ceramic Pro and received the product within a week of my order. I tried it on my daughter's hair which is very thick and coarse. She did not care for the results as her hair felt stiff after using the iron. I tried it on my niece whose hair texture is extremely curly, but not as thick as my daughter's and it straightend her hair just fine. Both girls (19 and 22) have chemically straightened hair. I am 48 and have let the chemical straightener grow completely out of my hair. Before I ordered the True Ceramic Pro, I used a Golden Hot flat iron, which did straighten my hair, but did not have adjustable heat settings. When I used the Golden Hot iron, my hair would frizz when exposed to the slightest bit of humididty. (I live in Houston, so there are very few days when the humididty is low) I tried the True Ceramic Pro on my hair and am thrilled with the results. I was able to straighten and curl in one step and the curls are holding!!! I was skeptical about the price at first, but my oldest daughter who is in cosmetology school says that comparable flat irons cost as much as this one or more. My hair texture is thich and curly, but not very coarse. With the True Ceramic Pro my hair looks like I've been to the salon for a perm! I am very pleased with this product. Hope this helps.

Ella

Hey Ella. Thanks for the help. I live in Tennessee and the humidity is pretty high here too. Have you noticed a difference in your overall hair texture since you started using the True Ceramic Pro? Are you still able to wear your hair curly like before? That's really my main concern. I don't want to have straight hair every day of the week. I still want to have my normal curly hair sometimes too. Thanks!

Rachel
nylane777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nylane777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 5:10pm
Response to Rachel and anyone concerned about the tcp permanently altering the texture of the hair.

Hello,

I am the same person who posted a very long posting on page 3 saying "this is the best iron I have ever used on my hair in my life".

I just want to say that if you are concerned about your hair not going back to being curly after using the tcp iron, please don't be concerned. I am multiracial with very wavy, curly, frizzy hair and when I wash my hair or even just spray my hair with water, it goes back to it's wavy, curly, frizzy state of being.

I cannot speak for everyone, but from my own experience, the iron has not permanately straightened my hair at all. My wavy, fluffy, curly, thick hair has always returned when I have washed my hair or sprayed it with water. From my experience, my hair can stay very straight for days after ironing it with the True Ceramic Pro Iron, but when I wash it, all of the waves and curls are back.

So, please don't be concerned about the True Ceramic Pro permanently straightening your hair, because from what I have experienced, it doesn't, and I am very happy about that! I can wear my hair straight one day and the next day have fluffy, curly, wavy hair again!

I hope that this helps.

Jesus loves you!
nylane777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nylane777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 6:18pm
Hello,

I just wanted to add some information that might be helpful to anyone who has wanted to get the True Ceramic Pro, but has not been able to due to the cost.

Prior to getting the True Ceramic Pro, I had done much research on the internet for many days in searching for the best ceramic ionic flat iron. I was searching for an iron that I thought was just as good or better than the tcp and that was for less money. I had to choose between the tcp and one other iron.

I ended up on a site, Folica.com, they were selling many ionic flat irons, but the one that was the top best seller and had rave reviews from more than a hundred people, was the Sedu. The Sedu is $105.95 + free shipping.

The Sedu has very sleek Tourmaline/Ceramic plates and has adjustable heat settings. It has the flattest plates that I have ever seen on a flat iron and it had so many pages of reviews that I could not read them all. I believe that it is still the #1 best selling ionic iron on Folica beating the chi, hai, hot tools, babyliss, and maxiglide.

After much time and prayer I finally decided to get the TCP iron, I felt that the True Ceramic Pro was the right one for me to get. I also wanted the accesories, like the styling clips, sprays, ionic brush, and carrying case.

The True Ceramic Pro has worked great on my hair! It is the only ceramic ionic flat iron that I have ever used on my hair and it really straightens my hair well and has given me long lasting results.

I would recommend trying the True Ceramic Pro, but if it does not work for you or if you are looking for an iron that is cheaper, I would honestly recommend the Sedu.

If I had not gotten the TCP iron, I would have most likely gotten the Sedu, because from my in depth research, it seems to be a really great iron too. The Sedu was the only other iron that I was seriously considering.

I highly recommend anyone who is looking for a top of the line ionic iron that is less than the TCP, to consider the Sedu.

To find out more about the Sedu or to read reviews about it, please go to:

http://www.folica.com/Sedu_Flat__360_1.html

Note:
I am giving this information, because there have been some postings recently of concern about the cost of the True Ceramic Pro and some people have expressed interest in purchasing an iron for a cheaper price, but of the same or better quality as the tcp.

Jesus Loves You!
Miss Jill View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Jill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 8:53pm
What is the average temperature it takes to straighten very thick hair with the true ceramic pro flat iron??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrachel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 9:20pm
Hey all. Price actually is an issue with me as well. I did like the idea of the payment plan with TCP. I think that's a great marketing tool and I'm glad many companies are going to that. I too saw the Sedu and Babyliss irons at Folica, but right now, even paying $100 or more up front for anything would be out of the question. I ended up ordering Maxiglide today. It's $80 and is broken down into payments and I've heard a lot of great things about it (not as much on here, but on other websites). Plus, there is a clear return policy listed on the website and that's pretty important to me. It should arrive tomorrow, so I'll let everybody know if I like it or not. Take care!

Rachel
nylane777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nylane777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 6:38pm
Response to MissJill:

I believe that the average temperature to straighten very thick hair is between 300 and 400 degrees. But not only is thickness important but also the texture and condition of the hair as well. For example, I have thick hair, but it is fine in texture, so I do not usually set the TCP iron at 400 degrees. Someone with thick and coarse textured hair most likely should set the iron above 300 degrees. But, there are some factors that someone should consider before using any hair iron, like is the hair fine, medium, or coarse in texture? Is the hair relaxed or color treated? How is the condition of the ends of the hair? If the ends of the hair are damaged, I think that the heat should be adjusted to a lower temperature just for the ends of the hair. Also, a conditioning oil (like Proclaim Natural 7) applied before or after straightening can be of much benefit and add a healthy sheen to the hair.

Note: I have set the iron at 400 degrees before and for me the results were amazing. At that temperature my hair was straightened very fast and my hair was super slick! So if you are in a hurry and your hair is super thick, 400 degrees may be a good idea! Just be wise and adjust the iron according to your own unique hair type.

The True Ceramic Pro is really a wonderful ionic ceramic flat iron. I highly recommend it for anyone with very curly, wavy, fluffy hair like mine. It has really saved me alot of time doing my hair and I don't even have to use it everyday! The results last a very long time and the ionic brush that came with it, is wonderful!

There are other flat irons on the market for less money, but the one that I highly recommend is the one that I have tried and has worked for my hair- The True Ceramic Pro!

Jesus Loves You!
zulema View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 11:08pm
I just recieved the TCP today, after many days of reading all these posts, you guys out there convinced me to try it, and I have to admit that I LOVE IT!. My hair has never been this straight, not even after leaving the solon. I have very fine, very curly hair, and this thing has made it stick staight. Now I have to wait and see what happens when the humidity hits it, which is usually PUFF!

What ever happened to Saras Mom?
TP View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2005 at 1:05pm
I bought it on a whim and it is the best straightening iron I have ever used. I can do my hair (very curly, fine but I have a lot of it) in ten minutes or less. Very shiny. Like the products too. I've never bought anything from an infomercial before but I'd buy this again, for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic