Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

protection from breakage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KickYerHead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KickYerHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: protection from breakage
    Posted: January 15 2005 at 10:15pm
Hi. I straighten my hair every day. i feel the need to do this because it was totally straight until i turned 13ish and all of a sudden it got...weird. not curly, not straight, but it gradually turned...poofy is the only word i can use to describe it. lol.
so yes i straighten it every day to keep it looking "normal"
at the hairdressers she told me my hair was very very damaged from it and had a lot of breakage :(

so, does anyone know of any GREAT hair treatments and also, more importantly, what can i use on my hair before straightening it to prevent damage? i've used things before but i can't stand them because they make my hair feel all greasy! and i can't stand that! i don't feel like wasting any more money on stuff that makes my hair feel like it weighs 10 pounds!

and a smaller question...does anyone know what caused that to happen when i was 13? it just got poofy for no reason!
UP Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 1:41pm
I would stop straightening it if I were you. I wish we could trade hair. Mine is straight, and always looks so flat.
hope this helps!!! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hope this helps!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2005 at 3:11pm
hey! i know exactly how you feel, when i turned like 12 or 13 my hair got all curly and puffy! I hate it sooooo MUCH!!! my hair is not really damaged, but the bottoms are b/c i also straighten it like everyday! ummm.... 1) you have to use a ceramic straightner 2) there is this spray that my mom bought me called ION and on the bottle it says anti-frizz solutions and heat protection. Its a straightening iron spray 3) when you blow dry it, or if u blow dry it use striaghtening creams, i use like 5, but the best os phytodefrissant( i might have spelled that wrong!) its amazing!!! i hope this helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic