Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

KEEP THE SCAM ALERTS COMING!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
javagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KEEP THE SCAM ALERTS COMING!!
    Posted: March 19 2005 at 12:37pm

Ladies, nothing, and I mean nothing is more treacherous than ordering hair (internet, catalog, sight unseen)  I ordered hair from a place called Malaikashair.com and am just beginning to get the uneasy feeling that I may never get that hair, or if I do, it's going to be garbage.  I've already called my credit card company about the steps necessary to dispute charges, and if I don't get that hair by 3/22, I WILL go ballistic on them.  The best way to avoid this is for us to keep warning each other, and while it is true one person may have a fantastic experience and one may go thru h** and back, do you really want to run the risk of being the unsatisfied one?  If you have a bad experience, please share it, help everyone avoid the pain.  On the other hand, I have had nothing but EXCELLENT service from Hairpiece.com and Hisandher.  I guess I shouldn't have tried something new.  Well, she's got a business address on her website, so if her product ain't up to snuff I'm going to Flushing, NY to issue a good ol' fashioned slice of Florida A**whuppin.

Sorry to my sisters that have felt the sting of fraud.

Again, Please help others avoid the same fate.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 1:46pm

Ugghhh....that sucks!

Thanks so much for the heads-up, Javagirl. Many members here have inquired about that company, but as far as I know, no one besides yourself has actually ordered from them.

At least you put it on your credit card; as long as you have all of your documentation (emails back and forth), your credit-card company should back you. And since Malaikashair will have no proof that they actually sent the hair to you, the case should be pretty cut and dry, I'd think.

When people were inquiring about that seller, I found a few threads on BHM: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11788 and here
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6321

Apparently, some of their photos were lifted from other sites (I know the microring pics are straight from Doc Locks). It's hard to know who to trust on the Web, but stolen photos raise a real red flag for me.

Again, sorry too hear about your experience, and good luck retrieving your money. Please keep us posted.

:)

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 1:50pm
What date did you order your hair? What, if any, correspondence have you had with Malaikas Hair at the time of your order and now? Have you called them on the phone?
javagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 3:47pm
I ordered it Monday the 14th, early in the morning.  I requested standard shipping, which they stated takes 5-7 business days.  Fine.  Regular postal service new york to florida is probably actually 3-4 business days.  I left time for processing (sure) I called to get a tracking number on Thursday night, she said it had been mailed, but the tracking number got messed up, but assured me it had been mailed.  When I didnt receive it Friday, I called again (this time brandishing the shilleleigh of a dispute) and got no answer so I left a message.  She responded to me via email with a tracking number, however, the package has not been received by the postal service yet, it was more of an "anticipation" of receiving the package notice.  As long as I get it by Tuesday, I don't care how they get it to me.  I guess I'm being all Venusian, but ordering off the internet is scary.  I want some confirmation numbers, I want to be able to see my work in progress, ya know?  I mean, they charged my credit card INSTANTLY, but they don't send out the product in a timely manner?  Like, when I ordered from VS, they say, okay, we're not going to process you for a week, but as soon as they did I had tracking numbers.  I dunno.  Maybe my wig is too tight.  My B/F sez I'm a drama queen.
Liviray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liviray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 6:55pm
I dont think your being a drama queen, I think your worried about being scammed. Big difference!

Give it a few more days, if they cant forward you a tracking number chances are they never sent it by a tracking method, bad for you and fine for them cause they have your cash already. Keep your fingers crossed, Im sure it will work out O.K. but if not you were smart to use a card...You've got back up that way.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 7:07pm
It's only been 4 complete business days and they provided you with a tracking number. I'm sorry but what's the problem again? 
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 7:24pm
Yeah, I have to say, it really has been only a short while, and it doesn't sound like the company's trying to avoid you or anything (which is usually the case when they intend to scam customers; they just won't return their emails). I'd give it a few more days. :)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 7:27pm

Well my 2 cents...which is just that...2 cents....yes shopping can be scary on the Web but you would be surprised at how many companies do take a long time from order to actually getting it out the door.  It could be for a lot of reasons ranging from....they are a teeny tiny company with one person & a monkey doing everything from taking orders to fulfillment OR they may not keep things in stock OR etc etc etc. I could go on for hours but will save you all the agony.....

You do have some options IF you don't get what you ordered w/in a reasonable time frame and amm is right, as long as you have a tracking number you are OK.  Also, things can happen with UPS, Fed Exm Airborne, US Postal.  UGH.  Trust me, I can tell you stories about lost packages that would make your heads spin off ,

At any rate (I am rambling - sorry) if you paid w/ a credit card and do not get your order w/in 30 days, you can file for a rebate.  Also, if the shipping company loses the package, you can also get a rebate from them.  If the CC Company or shipping company won't work w/you, you still have other options that are more complicated but possible.  However, no one will talk to you before 30 days is up and the package is still MIA.

Finally, just as a gentle tip, companies often become Xtra special resistant when their customers brandish any types of threats at them.  Especially if they are trying hard to work with them or if there really isn't a problem yet.  While our Customer Care team is very very good, I have seen even the sweetest guy on the team dig his heels in and get very resistant when customers yell at him on the phone, send him nasty emails or threaten him in any way when he is totally not at fault.  Then he will do everything by the book and not bend 1 extra inch.  But when they are nice and asking for his help to locate a lost package or report a problem, he is the nicest and most helpful man in the world jumping through hoops to take care of them.  So sugar does always help as the first resort. Just an FYI from someone who deals with customers all day long via the Web. :-)

Anyway...I would not worry as long as you have the tracking number you do have the shipping company as your ally. 

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 2:46am
Well I've still never received any money back from "Unsuperhairfactory.com" but on a good note.  I ordered my wedding hair from Ebonyline about three weeks ago, I also added an order in with that for a friend so the total order came to over $500.00 so anyway I sent the payment to sales@ebonyline.com.  As I didn't hear anything, not even a confirmation e-mail from them after a week I e-mailed them.  To my horror they e-mailed me back saying they had never received my order.  You can imagine my response to this, I nearly had a panic attack because of what had happened with unsuperhairfactory.  Anyway, I e-mailed them back with a copy of the paypal payment but as I didn't hear anything within a day and I couldn't sleep because it was the hair for my wedding (not usually so vain or pushy but this hair was important) I rang up Ebonyline.  A foreign man answered who was very very helpful.  He said that I had actually sent the money to the wrong e-mail address, i should have been sale@ebonyline.com, not sales@ebonyline.com.  He said that this was their old e-mail address.  He said usually when they had a paypal payment they would get an e-mail to say they had got cash and then send the goods out.  He said he would check his bank account straight away and for me to ring him back in half an hour.  I sat chewing my nails for half an hour sure I'd been ripped off again but when I phoned after half an hour the man said yes it was in their account so they would ship my hair immediately, I tell you, if that man was next to me I would have kissed him.  I sent them a big e-mail apologising and telling them how good their customer care was.  I mean they didn't need to admit the money was in their account did they, they could have just said it wasn't, I think they're brill!!!!! xxxxx
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 2:58am

I agree it hasnt been very long, I would give it a couple of more days but this part concerns me:

Quote: "She responded to me via email with a tracking number, however, the package has not been received by the postal service yet, it was more of an "anticipation" of receiving the package notice. "

In the past when Ive received tracking numbers in an email, i was able to go to the web site and it immediately told me when my package was picked up and where is was as that moment. If you got a tracking number but there was no "pick up" posted that is a little suspicious to me. A tracking number is issued when the package is picked up, not "in anticipation" of the package being picked up. Have you checked again and does it say "picked up" yet?

SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
javagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 7:27pm
OKAY LADIES, even though I got my order, I know there are many out there who haven't.  Amanda, I agree with you, I work with people ALL DAY and it is a proven fact you can get more flies with honey than vinegar (even tho I'm not sure why you would want any flies at all), and I was, I felt very polite, I only got pushy when I felt ignored, as I think anyone would.  It is a decent grade of hair, even tho only time will tell how decent, and it's got one of the most amazing wefts I've ever seen (even tho it wont be staying on the weft).  Most customers know that not every problem can be resolved, not every situation can be perfect; what I've found is that customers just want to know someone out there empathizes with their plight.  It's probably a very babyish thing, but it's how I try to deal with people.  Even if I can't fix their problem, I want them to know that I care about what they are going thru. Also, be honest with shipping times.  I'm a big girl, I can take Well, that's the end of my saga.  Good luck all
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 7:52pm

java - glad you got your stuff

emma - even when doc sends stuff out, when i get my tracking number, the stuff is not trackable yet

i love plastikhaar
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 9:36pm
Ok now you got the hair but PLEAE don't stop there   Tell us more about it.  Pictures?  Why is the weft so amazing?  You just spent a lot of money on hair because I know they are expensive.  How is the softness?  Tangles? Color?  Is this is pure European hair?  How heavy is the weft?  I wanted to order from this company but no one knew anything about it and it was a bit too much for me to go without a reference.  SO TALK GIRL!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic