Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Advice for Our Newbies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
asksabino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asksabino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 11:39am
Ya right
asksabino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asksabino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 11:45am
Broccoli does not stop frizz. Silicone only builds up if you use too much or a cheap silicone that has additives. High grade cosmetic silicones do not build up on the hair. Trust me I have been using a waterproof silicone for 6 years, no build up. Silicone does not prevent breakage. Until you have used the type of silicone that I am mentioning, you have nothing to compare. So many of you have little experience other than what you personally experience. I have used these products on hundreds if not thousands of women with the exact opposite affect as you state. http://www.sabinohair.com
wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 6:54pm
Good evening ladies,

The new high quality products do not use silicones in them anymore because the different types of (cones) determine if they build up or not. There is a clinical study done by Medifarms that clearly gives detail information in the cosmetic industry on how Broccoli Seed is just as if not better than silicone if not better. Silicone does lay on the hair this is a fact but which would one prefer to use on there hair the silicone which is not natural or the Broccoli extract which is natural and from nature not a man made product.
wood
asksabino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asksabino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 7:12pm
There are only two silicones and sorry, many products are using silicones more now then ever. In the "natural" world maybe broccoli seed extract works in making hair feel better but it is water soluble and can not hold up to intense humid climates.

I have frustrated myself with armchair discussions that are filled with personal opinion and studies made from natural extract manufactures. There are as many positive studies regarding silicones. Silicones do not build up on the hair, when they are high quality, cosmetic grade, the same used in lipsticks. I have used Moisture Block for years and not one client has ever complained about build up nor, out of the 6000 women that I send newsletters to that use our products, have never once mentioned or complained about build up.

I do not want to get into a discussion of pros and cons with you or anyone else. There are so many people that think "natural" is the end all. It may be for you and for some others but the proof is substantiated with use. Use Moisture Block on one side of your head and your Broccoli extract on the other. Walk on the beach in high humidity in FL and see how well your product holds up. Just with a simple shampoo, you have a fresh start  without build up. Unless you have tried it you will never know.

May this be the end of this discussion as I will not respond to your postings until you have tired both products and seen the comparison. I have used many, many extracts especially when developing Moisture Block. Yes, they were great for the environment but did little in completely controlling moisture content.
simplired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2008 at 3:07pm
Smiledont waste your time on this one "Wood" some people dont like to be questioned about what they have expereince as, and you will just told you dont have any expereince. 

Just go with what you know!...check you product ingredients for their safety, becuase Natural does not mean they are natural at all.

With an extensive effort, you can find safe and organic cosmetics... You will be limited tho.!
Nothing Beats a Failure but a Try!     Sondra
asksabino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asksabino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2008 at 3:33pm
Too bad. You're missing out
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2008 at 4:56pm
This thread was to assist Newbies, and sorry ASK but many people have been using the information provided from this site and other sites.  These sites follow the same basis, pretty much. Before your arrival, I have seen hair progress from short choppy thin dry hair  to long thick lucisious hair. I feel if something does not work for you, than  you just let it be known POLITELY and use what works for you.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

asksabino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asksabino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2008 at 6:44pm
So I guess that means that no one is open to possible change that could help them even further?
robertjames90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertjames90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 1:14am

New Lace Wigs

I have wide range of lace wigs in natural & fashionable colors; I’m selling on economical prices you can inquire further from here …

Note From HB.com Admin:  There is zero tolerance for advertising, even if the attempt is made to "conceal" advertising as part of a post or to act as an "expert" and push personal products and redirect people to other websites.

Furthermore, we will not tolerant sarcasm, fighting or related behaviors.  Any posts that are antagonistic to other members will be immediately deleted and the posters will be removed. 

Please remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and are free to post them here.

Thank you.

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 10 2008 at 1:37pm
SeekingStylists View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeekingStylists Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2008 at 12:50am
Awesome Advice! Thanks guys!
Hair Stylists Click Here for free advertising! Seeking Stylists is a great place for stylists, beauticians and cosmetologists. Post pics, services & prices
asksabino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asksabino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2008 at 2:57pm
simplired
Its amazing that you are so closed to something innovative and technologically advanced. Natural is not always natural. If you check the ingredients completely you will find that to be true. Also, hair can not be repaired nor will even natural products last more than a few hours. That's why they have to be layered.

You tell her to do what you say but to ignore me. Who is the one thinking they know it all. Do you have years of experience or just your own? Step outside your anger and think reasonably. Sorry there has to be people that have to have cinflict in their lives.
tiffany0528 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiffany0528 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2008 at 5:45pm
the best thing I do for my hair is buy a
Lace Wig,It last for a really long time!!! STARS LIKE BEYONCE AND TYRA WEAR THEM!!! OMG!I didn't think it would be so soft and pretty!
best bet is to keep your hair covered so that you do not damage itHeart

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 10 2008 at 1:17pm
newtestam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtestam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2008 at 7:19pm
Hey you guys,
I was reading this forum and thought I should comment. On the longhaircareforum there's lots of buzz about Sabino Moisture block. I use it and it is amazing.  What I do is this (I'm african american with midback 4a hair, so you may want to adjust accordingly) I wash and condition, then dc my hair and wash out. After that I apply more moisturizing conditioner to my hair and leave it in. I then apply a little hair butter mixed with coconut oil (tiny amount), then I seal with moisture block about a quarter size amount. What it does is lock in any moisture you have already put in your hair until your next wash.  I find that my hair stays straight and does not revert when I press it. There are no little hairs coming out on the ground. My hair feels and looks wonderful, and is completely protected as the product is waterproof and coats the hairshaft (providing a barrier to the hair).  I will sing about this product to the rooftop, and if you check out lhcf you will see others are doing the same.  It stops frizz like nothing else, and can also be used on curly hair to kill frizz and define hair.  I know that no one on these forums really want to hear from hairstylists as we are naturally suspicious, but he's right here. This product is on point. I believe they still have samples at the site, so what do you have to lose? Try it, and then you'll know that it is a superior product.  As for lace front weaves, protecting your hair is all good.  You have to be careful, as I've had friends have damage to their hair line from them (adhesive).  Either way, when you wear your hair out, it's good to have some form of protection, and this product is a great one to have. Plus it's free to try, so you won't go out of pocket seeing if it works for you. Hope this helps! 

Edited by newtestam - May 09 2008 at 7:22pm
newtestam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtestam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2008 at 7:21pm
Oh, I forgot to add the website in case you want to try it for free. It's
www.gotfrizz.com
newtestam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtestam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 7:54pm

Agreed. A good shower filter does miracles. Also mahabringaraj oil stops shedding.

newtestam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtestam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 7:59pm
Did my post get deleted? Just because someone has an oposing position shouldn't get their post deleted. Silicone is not always necessarily horrible. I use a silicone product and my hair is midback and 4a and still growing!  I started out with hair that I'd cut to a pixie cut! It protects my hair until I wash it out. Granted I use lots of moisture before I apply the product. But I apply it to protect me from heat damage, and to smooth out my hair and it works. It's called Moisture Block. Sabino Moisture Block. I love it. 
newtestam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtestam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 8:01pm
I use Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive for moisture, it's great, and I use shescentit.com's avocado conditioner.  The hair just needs moisture. As for silicone, you just need a product that doesn't dry the hair, as most silicones do, but the one I found does not. Hope that helps.
afrobeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrobeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 1:41am
I have just joined the forum and i have already learned alot from the 8 pages i have read.
Born Kinky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Born Kinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 9:32am
Condition, Condition, Condition!  I cant stress the important of keeping your hair moisturized and conditioned! 

I use Hydrating Hair Milk from Ohm Body.  It is a light spritzing conditioner that I use EVERY day.  it keeps my hair soft and manageble.  www.goingohm.com
Puff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2008 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by carameldiva carameldiva wrote:

Taking vitamins, drinking lots of water,exercise and getting plenty of sleep are also helpful. Queen helene works great as a deep conditioner for me( i do doctor it up a little). I hope this gets u on the right track. Let me know if you need some more help.

I hear a lot of people saying take vitamins or that they use vitamins in a recipe, what kinds of vitamins do you ladies use and how? Also if Carmeldiva wouldn't mind elaborating, how do you doctor your deep conditioner? I'm in the "research phase" of my transition. I've stopped relaxing over a year ago and am ready for the BC one of these days...kind of scared since I’ve grown attached to my hair, but I know that this is the change I need if I want to have hair when I’m 80. All you ladies seem to be so full of information and recipes I’m so excited to get started and grow, Grow, GROW!!! Embarrassed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic