Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WaWa #30 and #33 Photos - Dyeing question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WaWa #30 and #33 Photos - Dyeing question
    Posted: March 25 2005 at 11:54pm
I give up, I'll just have DH put in some burgundy hilights.

The too dark and the too light just aren't going to work.

Im bummed as I wanted this glorious long straight hair for my birthday.

I even went to the local beauty supply place. I was hoping for WaWa in a ton of colors, no dice. They do have 'fusion hair'. Thats what its called, its in a white box and hung up high so I didnt get to see it.

Poo.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 5:19pm
Thanks Rose....hopefully someone can give me a comparison of #30 and #27.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 1:43am
Thanks, O - I replied to your pm. I just realized something, is that an XS hook? The extendtubes I have are XS.

Sherrie - It is very light and the #33 is very dark. My Mom has strawberry blonde hair and thats what the #30 looks just like, to me.
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 12:49am

Hi Rose,

I have a small hook you can have - just pm me your address and I can send it overnight if you like.

Octavia

Faces of Pain - One woman's Journey with Chronic Pain
www.octavaia@got-to-have-art.com
A world without ART is a world without color
GOT ART???
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 9:05pm
That #30 looks lighter than my #27 or is it just my imagination? Does anyone have both colors that can tell me?
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 8:36pm
P.S. I am having second thoughts about having the underpart be the #33 because it is so so dark and the #30 is so so light. They dont even appear to be from the same colour group, the #30 is medium strawberry blonde and the #33 is dark brown.

Hmm..
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 8:25pm
Cool beans, I'll be looking for it. I ordered a small jar and xs (for the xs extendtubes)
hook from Dr.Locks last weekend, a coupla days ago they sent me an email letting me know it should be here by Tuesday?!

Tuesday is my birthday. I had big plans for my 'birthday hair'.

I ordered some extendtubes and the loopy brush from Kristin a few hours ago, I bet the order from her will get here before Dr.Locks!

I should of ordered from her in the first place.

I have 100 rings and a jar of XS extentubes but no hook.

Pee!

I'll take a photo of my current hair tomorrow. 
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 7:32pm
Rose,

I had your envelope on the counter. Dummy me forgot to put it in the mail.

It'll be on it's way to you tomorrow with those pretipped dark wine/red copper strands. I got the blend just right, I think.

Any little white specks is NOT nits. It's just bits of dried Proclaim latex after I tipped.

Take it out in the sun. It's stunning!
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 7:30pm

Rose

Need help with a color Q???? I love color!!!!

You gotta give me an idea of what you have going on right now...then I can kick you some ideas!

Gna

imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 5:42pm
oooooooo the auburn is PREEEEEEETTY. But I also like their 99j which is a *really dark* violety red-brown, been putting some of that in, and the burgundy.

~Jenn~

Edited by imzadi92
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 5:37pm
Darker on the bottom will definitely give your hair some depth.

Install in back on the lower levels. Even if the hair sweeps up to the front, your lighter colors will fall over the top and not frame your face giving you a more pale appearance.

If you're doing the tipping, run a few strands of that rich, dark auburn (isn't it lush?!) in with the lighter color, gradually increasing the strand number for the lower tips.

Hair can sometimes have this radical contrast in shade but look awesome once it's falling together.

Can't wait to see it once it's in. Have fun!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 5:25pm
I have no color suggestions, unfortunately, but that is some gorgeous-looking hair. I'm sure it'll be beautiful! :)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 5:24pm
OMG -that's auburn WaWa?! WoW!! Really pretty! I dunno...your hair now is close to the 33, right? I don't know anything about coloring hair correctly...hopefully one of the pros can make a suggestion.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 4:36pm
The thing is, I cant go too dark as I am the palest of the pale. I need something that
wont stand out with the WaWa
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 4:01pm
The darker one ont he bottom?

hmmm I'd probably go for a burgundy color myself.  But maybe that's cause I saw a really cool box in the pharmacy yesterday when i was picking up my gray coverage stuff
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 3:56pm
Hello. Its a sunny day here, just got #33 and took some photos. I mislabeled the pictures themselves, probably because to me the #30 is so so light.

What colour should I dye my hair if the #33 will be underneath and #30 will be on top (with burgundy, #613 and #33 sprinkled and lots of #30 on top?)

??

I hope to get this put in tomorrow. I will be a pre-tipping fool tonight!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic