Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions: Taming 28mm PH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 9:04pm

WOW AMM!!  Listen, don't get me wrong. . .I've had some absolutely *amazing* experiences with this 28mm hair. . .it is eye-catching, head-turning, pure unadulterated GLAM. . .nothing subtle about it.

I think I have a few issues going on, which really aren't related to the curliness of the hair, but are more based on:

1)  the (very very crappy) cut I gave myself in the hotel bathroom in Atlanta in the early days of the haar

2) the fact that I *have* to wash my hair every other day or else my hair that shows is disgusting

3) integrating the very body-full 28mm with my own body-less bangs/small fine hairs in the front

4) habits of washing my hair in the morning and being in a hurry for it to dry, vs. washing it at night and letting it takes its time, which delivers *gorgeous* results

5) early singe-ing with the curling iron

6) some self-consciousness about "big Texas  hair" -- kinda walking that fine line between glam and, well, prom queen? I dunno. .

7) Using the right hair brush. Betty gave me this "Denman" brush which is the only brush I have that works well on it, and, er, I've misplaced it.

You will *love* playing with this hair -- just get ready for va va voooooom!!

Fina

Edited by FinaFina
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by FinaFina FinaFina wrote:

habits of washing my hair in the morning and being in a hurry for it to dry, vs. washing it at night and letting it takes its time, which delivers *gorgeous* results

This is so true. I was thinking today that when I get my new haar, I will wash and dry only at night. :)
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 2:13pm

ok, so just how curly is this hair? is there a picture anywhere? I can't seem to find one on the PH website. I am looking for curls :)

I think that washing/setting at night is a great idea - much better then rushing/burning/brushing...in the am when my house is going nuts.

Octavia

Faces of Pain - One woman's Journey with Chronic Pain
www.octavaia@got-to-have-art.com
A world without ART is a world without color
GOT ART???
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 4:55pm
Here's a good example--Fina's 28mm when it was first installed:

Fina could tell you for certain, but I'm 90% sure this is before any cutting, styling, or probably any brushing whatsoever. It certainly hadn't been washed or exposed to heat.

By comparison, here's Kalika's 50mm, which is a much looser wave:

:)
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 5:43pm

It had been brushed quite a bit. But nothing else. GAWD I wish I had touched up my face for that photo!!  ;-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic