Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anyone get breakage from extentubes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 3:56pm

Marie:

Does Short to Long have a website?

I have seen their ads in Modern Salon Magazine.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 3:12pm
Well, up to now, extendtubes had received the best reviews (better than Doc's microrings because the extentubes close a bit flatter and don't chip as fast). But Marie is saying that Short to Long's are even better, so the licensed girls here should definitely give those a whirl.

Marie: About the slippage, do you find they slip more with human hair than synth? I've heard they slip less with synth because the hair doesn't expand and contract and isn't porous. I haven't done enough tests to know firsthand though.

:)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 1:21pm
I've had Docs rings several times with no problems.  Are they made of the same material?  As Jenny saidpart of the problem with hairl/euro locs is that they are made of copper so if Docs are nickel and extendtubes arenickel then I can tell myou no problems with breakage.  And my hair well healthy is not a word I have used to desrcibe it since maybe 9th grade when I first started dying it....
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 1:08pm

I find that if your going to use that type then order from short to long, they are the same size as euro and hair locks but made of the same stuff as extend tubes. These stay in better I think the extra lenght helps them not slip as much . Both are prone to sliping more so if hair is healthy.I also do see breakage I think clampig meatal on tight will tend to do that but sliping was the worst part. To order from short to long just fax them a certification from any strand by strand class you have had .The phone number is 941- 922-1004

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 12:55pm
I've been wondering the same thing. I've heard tons of damage reports on Hairlocs and Eurolocs (including my own firsthand experience), but none on extendtubes, and I also think it's the copper, which starts decomposing (tarnishing) pretty quickly, as well as perhaps a sharper edge in the physical design. I believe extendtubes are primarily aluminum.

The only problems I've heard so far regarding extendtubes are 1) if the client has a nickel allery (because apparently there's some nickel in those tubes), and 2) if removal is problematic (i.e., the tubes are crimped in on themselves during removal because the pliers are too smooth or the person isn't being patient enough).

I can tell you, I've had no breakage or tarnishing problems with extendtubes, like I had with hairlocs, but then again, I've never had a whole head of them in for an extended period either.

:)
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 12:18pm

I was wondering if anyone here that has used extentubes has had breakage in thier hair from it?

We all know that eurolocs/hairlocs causes breakage big time, and I think it's because when the copper is crimped it forms a rough edge that chews on the natural hair and cuts it.

I really want to be able to use extendtubes in place of the Eurolocs, so anyone's experience would be helpful....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic