Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PH/Dome Install #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PH/Dome Install #2
    Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:13pm
Hey girls,

I just got my hair redone, and it's pretty much the same deal as last time: primarily a mix of PH Vanille 50mm and Dome White Classic. I went with the Barbie Pink in hand, but I kept vascillating about the colors....

The biggest difference is that this time, Isaac did a lot of razoring and layering. At this point, I'm not sure how I feel about all the layers/razoring, but I'll have to see how it wears. I imagine it'll encourage the wave more, but I think it also looks a little sparse compared to last time. Again, it's hard to tell, though.

:)

Edited by Jenny_RR
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:18pm
Wow, Jenny! This time it looks a LOT like Kalika's did, especially in the back! It looks fantastic! And whoa...it's realllllly long! It also looks like your own hair grew a lot in the front.   I just think the whole thing is scorchin' hot.

No. Not sparse. It looks a little more natural, not so thick as the first install. But that's GOOD - it really looks like it could be your own. Except what lucky chick gets ass-length white blond hair and is hot on top of it...well, JENNY RR, that's who!! Gotta problem with dat, eh??!!

Edited by Syren123
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:24pm
Thanks, Syren. Maybe it did grow a bit in the front. I have better luck growing those front pieces, for some reason, than the crown and top, which are super slow-growing, thin, and breakable. Dunno why.... :)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:26pm
wooo hoo!

I looks really natural.  I know that you mentioned last night that you are always for more hair but it probably is true that it looks less likely to be extensions when there isn't quite so much of it.  How much was that beofre it got all layered?  Is it pinchbraided again?  How high up did you go on your head?  Is that the length it would be just folded in half?

I must know in case I ever decide to go for the natural look!

:)al
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:32pm
OK, now I really like this. I like the natural lightness of it and the way
it falls. You're very petite, Jenny, so I think it's looks very good not
being consumed by a mass of hair. The layers are going to be a
great help disguising the piecyness that's just naturally difficult to
avoid with extensions.

Congrats! Another great looking install.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:34pm
It looks absolutely STUNNING Jenny! It looks so natural!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:44pm
Thanks, girls. I'm dying to know how this hair looks after washing and styling compared to the last install, but I'm exercising some restraint--well, at least for now....

Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

You're very petite, Jenny

AMM: That's so funny--it may be the first time I've ever been referred to as petite in my life! I'm actually 5'8" with a pretty large frame, but I'll take it! (The Internet is like TV--the proportions get all skewed. Every actor I've ever seen onscreen looks like he's 6', then you see 'em in person and they're 5'2", lol.)

Mocha: Yeah, it's pinchbraided again and it goes about an inch and a half above my ears, I'd say. It was probably 3 1/2 bags prior to the layering/razoring. At the longest point, I'd say it's about 28 inches. Issac cut the PH to the same length as the Dome, then blended it all together. Last time, he kept some of the PH and Dome separate so I could see if they wore any differently, but since they seem to perform exactly the same, it's all mixed together now. I think most of it has just the usual pinchbraided 1 1/2 to 2 inch overlap, but in some cases he folded the hair more to create a more layered effect. I started zoning out at some point during the appointment, so I didn't pay that close attention to how much folding over there was.

I do feel like my real hair is at an awkward length right now, and I'm wondering if some extentubes up top might help to provide more volume to my real hair and blend better. I've also considered just pinchbraiding the entire head or doing some open-ended. I'm torn, though....

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 11:00pm
Ha, that's exactly what I thought- it looks like Kalika's hair!

The ends are probably necessarily sparser, being thinned out with a razor and all. I think it looks fantastic. If you're concerned about your hair blending in better, you could give your own hair a little wave. But you really shouldn't worry about that too much, as it's already blending quite well on its own.  :)

-Rae
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:31am

I love it Jenny... SO JEALOUS

edit to say HOTTIE ALERT

Edited by MERGUTHRIE
i love plastikhaar
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 4:44am
Wow Jenny, I can't believe how good your hair looks.  I absolutely love it, its so seemless, you can't even see one pinch braid, you look stunning chick xxxx
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:35am

ROCK ON GIRLFRIEND!!!

It looks AWESOME. I understand your concerns about the layering but I really think they are going to keep it looking the way it is now!!  Did he curl or steam it or anything -- I gather not -- this looks more au naturel 50mm wave. I think the last time he had to do a little more styling to achieve the look.

I think it's *incredible* that you can even have pure pinchbraids without needing smaller extensions around the top. The blending is amazing.

Anyway as always THANKS for your boldly going forward and sharing the results!! Does it "feel better" to have new hair??

Fina

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 8:54am
Jenny, I love your hair!  It looks great!  You look just like Gwen Steffani (sp) I swear!  Are you sure you're not her?  You must hear that all the time.  I love the layers, love the curl/wave and love the color! 
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 9:03am
Bridget - I was thinking the same thing - Jenny IS Gwen Stefani! I know it!!  
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 9:11am
Thanks everyone.

Fina: Yeah, it's great to start fresh. The hair's so silky! And no, there was no steaming or curling or anything like that; there wasn't last time either, actually. Truth be known, I really could use some smaller extensions further up, but that's a dilemma, because even extentubes aren't that undetectable in my hair, I haven't had great luck with shrinkies, and I'm glue-phobic based on past experiences. With the superlight, thin hair, anything too far up sticks out like a sore thumb, so it's easier in a way to just keep them further down and try to style my real hair to blend with it.

Bridget: That's so funny. Nah, I'm not Gwen--she has a better job and, of course, much mo' money. But when I used to wear big, layered, clip-on ponytails, I would hear that I looked like her all the time. I actually hear that a lot less now. I will say, I need to get on her fitness regimen ASAP, though. I'll start that tomorrow, I guess....

How's your hair holding up, Bridget?

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 11:04am

Jenny your hair is stunning! I'm really warming to synthetic hair as leave all the probs with HH behind!

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 11:12am
Jenny what problems did you have with shrinkies?  And whose did you use?  To me they are far less detectable than extendtubes.  I don't think you need them any higher up but hmmmm.  How small are the pinchbraids that are already in?  COuld you have just a few smaller ones placed a little higher if you really feel you need hair higher up?

I really like the shrinkies cut in half with tiny tips.  I have hair placed like maybe a 1/4" from my hairline right now and even with it pulled back my facial girl (everybody love heather) didn't notice them while she had the light up in my face poking and prodding this morning.  And she would have had no issue saying anything if she had noticed.  Of course if they slip right off that's doing you no good.
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 12:03pm

hey jenny - i've been away or would've posted earlier

va-voom! i really do like the layering, it looks so soft and light...

i hear you about the higher-up pinch braids, i can do 99% of anything i want and the braids from my ear level down are inconspicuous; the higher ones that give volume need a little help to stay concealed. it's only been a couple weeks for me, too, so i'm predicting this will be what pushes me to redo as opposed to the hair itself.

are you gonna do anything difference maintenance wise other than the less is more approach? i have definitely benefitted from that advice you and fina gave with my own hair...

again, lovely!

cheryl

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 12:09pm
Hey Mocha,

I think the top row of pinchbraids I have are about as small as they're going to get. Fundamentally, they're just a little thicker, and quite a bit longer, than shrinkies and extendtubes. On the plus side, of course, they're actual braided hair with string, so they can look a bit more "natural" in a way than, say, a metal microring if they are visible.

The shrinkies I've tried have been Doc's only, once with a flatiron and once with Doc's wand, and I should preface this by saying that I haven't done extensive testing or experimenting. That said, I haven't been able to get them to shrink as unformly as I'd like, there was some slippage, and I had difficulty removing some (in some cases, I felt like the plastic shrink stuff actually melted into the hair). Again, I haven't done enough testing to really give an informed opinion as to why it's not working that well. I do think Fina's "halving" techinque would yield an almost undetectable result, even in my hair.

kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:18pm
jenny your hair looks soooo nice i really like the wave its different from all the poker straigt hair every1 seems to have. what is ph? plastik haar?
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:29pm

STUNNING...i love it.  Is that blonde your natural hair colour?, if not how do u get it so blonde?

xx

It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic