Topic ClosedDark Skin Brothers Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
BlackBoy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 6:27am
oo word it nice to see im not the only Nigerian
Blazer15 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 11:13am
Yeah I did ask im from Nigeria thats why and i finally got my waves spinning I just need to get it cut so it can be deep should I get a dark ceaser or a light I dont know.
Holla at ya boy BK/QN finest. My waves is so lethal makes you sick to death.
KingJames23 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 1:36pm

wanting it to look deep and wanting to be deep man i would say if u want it to look deep get a dark ceaser but if you want it to be deep get a light ceasar

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 4:29pm
Good advice works for me!
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
Blazer15 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 9:47am
Yo bigg Mike in that picture up there is that a dark or light ceaser.
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 3:24pm
It's a Light weight Ceasar

Edited by BIGGMike
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
DIPLOMAT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 7:02pm

Whats the best way to shape up your hair up.

{BTW: I'm mostly Haitian, the first slave colony to revolt against their slave masters.}

Edited by DIPLOMAT
KING JAFFE JOE
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 5:17pm

The durag does that for you.

Your barber can cut it in Dark Ceasar, Light Ceasar, Bald Fade, light fade.

Ceasar is a full head of hair with waves. Fade is the edges cut to blend in with your hair on top from bald to low to the top of the sides and back.

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by KingJames23 KingJames23 wrote:

wanting it to look deep and wanting to be deep man i would say if u want it to look deep get a dark ceaser but if you want it to be deep get a light ceasar

I heard that!

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 3:28pm

Originally posted by DIPLOMAT DIPLOMAT wrote:

{BTW: I'm mostly Haitian, the first slave colony to revolt against their slave masters.}

Then you have in you to revolt against the slave mentality in today's society.

DeeNeedsWaves View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:26pm
they yah sound is real funny but bigmike that was funny u said ur nick name was jet black lol but another funny name i heard towards a dark skin fellow was period like after a sentence jus wanted to share the new jet black isnt that bad but un called for and by the way did u accept it ??????? and what do u feel on ethiopians just wonderin ??????
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 11:14pm

Great post BiggMike.  Man I feel like I am on the wrong side of the tracks but I just wanted to come show y'all some love over here. 

We as a society have a lot of growing and mending to do.  I guess we have it hard b/c we are recovering from years of being told that our skin and hair were too dark, to kinky, too this and too that by our European slavemasters-- and we've held it, carried it, and passed over those same untruths to our children both consciously and subconsciously.  Even on the all female hairboards we have these same dilemmas and issues with hair---particularly the relaxed versus natural hair debate.   Do the sistah's who relax their hair hate their true blackness?  How natural is really natural? Should you press your hair straight or use curl defining products if you have truly accepted yourself and are really satisfied with the natural hair God has given you?  Its so amazing that these issues really run so much deeper than hair.  Just my lil two cents.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 9:51am

Thank you sistaslick. I needed the young men to hear from a sista. Some of the guys really hurt from this dilemma and it's dividing a once strong people. Some of them are young and don't understand what they are about to be up against as Black/African American MEN is this society. Did you know that a white man with a felony has 60% more of a chance of getting a job than a Black man with a college degree right now in NY, CA, and of course TX (my home)????? This statistic came from BET News and CNN. They think it's a game. Well, if it's a game somebody had better explain the RULES to them before death, prison, or drug addiction happens. And it needs to be a MAN not a woman. A MAN is subject to a different set of rules than a woman, so he is better suited to explain these rules than the mother. I know some women may get upset with this but who cares, I don't. They think they know but don't. Maybe they will feel me now! It's time to wake up, pull the pants up, put the blunts down, and be a real MAN. Seek the truth about your culture even if you are of two different cultures.

Ignorance is bliss, but it hurts you when you don't vote or can't vote, don't have a good job, can't support your seeds/children, using drugs, women putting you down, whites putting you down, all other races putting you down, and you running around thinking you got it going on. Find out the truth and have some pride. Real MEN stand up and be counted!

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 11:15am
You gotta feel men or kill me!
Blazer15 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 3:24pm
Thats really strong coming from a woman cus not every woman like to give men advices.
The Man View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 3:41pm
tell it like it is
The Man View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 3:43pm
You right about everything they treat us so bad but we have to overcome all of that hate and stand

Edited by The Man
Blazer15 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 3:46pm
Thats right you got it.
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 12:02am

Originally posted by BIGGMike BIGGMike wrote:

They think it's a game. Well, if it's a game somebody had better explain the RULES to them before death, prison, or drug addiction happens. And it need to be a MAN not a woman. A MAN is subject to a different set of rules than a woman, so he is better suited to explain these rules than the mother. I know some women may get upset with this but who cares, I don't. They think they know but don't......  Find out the truth and have some pride. Real MEN stand up and be counted!

DITTO!! You know I feel you on this, this just re-emphasizes the importance of a man's role as the head in our homes and in our young peoples lives, a Black King raising young queens and especially young kings teaching them to grow up and rule our society with a better standard of morals and respect. But we have to stop the hatred toward one another and educate ourselves before we can expect people of other races or cultures to understand our struggles. B/C in their eyes it doesn't matter if you are light skin or dark skin, to them you are black... period. We create division ourselves by deciding whats excepted, dark vs light, good hair vs bad hair.

People with so called "good hair" wish they had kinky hair so they can do more with it. My daughter is ten and has even went through this, at one time she was the only black girl in her class so she would ask me why her hair was not straight like the other lil girls and why was she more "tanner" than the other girls. She might have been six or seven at the time, imagine explaining that to a six year old. Even now, she wants a relaxer,  I refuse to relax her hair, not saying that i won't when she's a lil older, but I tell her that she has "good strong hair" now, and a relaxer will destroy all that.

When we can accept ourselves the way we are, it's easier to accept others, when they can't accept us it's their demon to deal with.

Can't stand fa people to call me "redbone", I'm not that lite- I call myself "Papersack Brown ".  For me it's about preference, so imma take ya back to what we use to say when I was younger, the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice, and ooooh how sweet it is!!!

One thing that surprised me when I deployed to Somalia, some of them were some of the darkest people I had I ever seen, black as tar, but they were BEAUTIFUL!!!, and if you just happen to see a woman with her hair out, it was long and pretty and what we call "good hair", nothing like what they show on those commercials (they have those too but that's not the whole Africa).

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
The Man View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 6:41am
true we do need to stop light skin vs dark skin nappy vs good that so stupid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic