Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grrrrr, my Korean supplier is makin me ma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grrrrr, my Korean supplier is makin me ma
    Posted: April 07 2005 at 7:05pm
Yep....Plan B! If I can figure out which synthetic to use! I have some of everything! LOL. Next weekend will be the big switch over......

Edited by sherrie215
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 6:17pm
Sounds like John is having a problem with his supplier and is genuinely sorry for the inconvenience. That said, it doesn't help you much, Sherrie. Time for a Plan B, I guess.:)
Liviray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liviray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 5:06pm
What????

Im trying to translate:

Hes saying that he totally screwed up and that hes been in business for 22 years....hes also saying that human hair is the only type hes having problems with...but hes not telling you when you can expect to recieve your stuff...basically hes giving you no information

Are you ordering this from out of the country? Im wondering is there isnt something happening if it is an out of the country purchase...like some kind of BIG problem  Ie: infestation? I just think its really weird that you have ordered before with no problem and now everything has changed...any way you can get your money back?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 7:10am

I sent another email of to John my Korean guy....here is what he had to say in regards to my complaint about the service.

I AM VERY VERY SORRY AGAIN. I KNOW THE DELIVERY IS NOT NORMAL
AND SUCH A SERVICE IS NOT THE RIGHT THING.
HUMAN ( - HAIRPIECE)  IS THE ONLY  ITEM I HAVE BEEN HANDLING IN ABNORMAL 
AND PERPLEXING MANNERS AND DELIVERY SERVICE EVEN AFTER HAVING BEEN
IN THAT BUSINESS
FOR 22 YEARS.

I AM VERY SORRY.

Best regards

John Yim / managing director / Seoul, Korea /  John Korea Ltd.

Whadup? That certainly didnt help anything! 

Edited by sherrie215
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 6:52pm
Ditto. You girls have been testing synth for months now, so you know exactly what to expect. Don't be afraid at all!

I will say, it did take me a little while (a few weeks, I guess) to get the hang of it, but now--on my second batch--I'm just loving the hair! And Fina got the hang of it from day one. I'm so glad I made the switch, and I do think you girls will regret it either.

:)
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 11:45am
Gotta chime in here.

OK, looking at your pic. This is what it appears like you want:

Wavy to loose curls in the back and most of the sides; smoothed out around your face and bangs.

That is *exactly* how I am wearing my hair now, with the exception that my bangs don't fall directly down on my face. I plan on recreating the look with my new PH in a few weeks.

BY ALL MEANS  put the 28mm PH in the back and where you want the curly volume!!! You will LOVE it and are in very little danger of trashing it with a curling iron. On the sides and top, starting at about your ear forward, use the thermal.  I haven't tried the wavy wefted Vixenwigs (Wa Wa?) yet but that would be my guess at a good one (it's my next try when I get it, although I really am enjoying the HotStuff and Adore Yaky).

If you add Human to the mix it just behaves *too differently* from the synth. I know it's strange but that's just the way it is. I don't recommend it and the only reason I did it is for more color variation around my face.

The PH will hold up *beautifully* if you don't fry it with a curling iron, and the thermal, well, you know how it is.

I will try to post a pic tomorrow of how I've transformed my style. I really did trash a lot of the sides (the visible part framing my face), adn the more thermal I put in the more I see how many bad ends I have with the PH.

Good Luck - and don't be afraid!!

Fina

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 7:00am
yeah Amm....Ive always had a relly good relationship with John, very friendly and helpful man until this last order. It had been nearly a year since my last order since I order the largest amount that I can afford to help spread out all the fees involved. I noticed a change in attitude right from the beginning, but I went ahead past on my past experience with the company. The no longer wish to deal with the smaller order. The company has become so huge and caters to resale business and LARGE orders, but still if they were willing to accept my order they should treat me like any other customer! I dont think I have an option but to wait it out! Even if they were to give my money back I would loose alot of money...all the T/T fees would be lost then the T/T fees to transfer the money back......Ill just wait and BE NICE as Kalika said! Then after I recieve my order I will definitely let John know how disappointed I am with his company. I deal with HIM directly so he has to answer for himself he cant push the blame to anyone else!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 6:50am
SAS - I'm with ya on that. The 100% synth will have to be a slow transformation. I'm a little scared of it getting away from me. I'll be treading with baby steps.

sherrie - bummer. I wonder if they're just indifferent to smaller orders. I think SAS said she was experiencing problems because these overseas places are catering to the big suppliers. Sounds like you have to wait it out.

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 6:50am
gah, that sucks.  I guess all you can do is hope for your hair, and no longer do business with them.  be REALLY nice till you get your hair tho
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 6:32am
yeah Kalika I wish I could but....it was a T/T transfered funds directly through my bank. Cash money transfer! Ive ordered from this company for years now.....I dont get it? And it sucks to loose such a reliable supplier that I was so happy with the quality of the human hair too!
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 6:25am

Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

Now hes telling me 'maybe' it'll be shipped out April 15th.

maybe Im just a bitch, but I would reply "well maybe I'll have to do a charge back on my credit card"

Edited by Kalika
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 6:13am
I like the prices on this site but he requires a $500 order to get
them. I don't think anyone has bought from this company so
again its the same thing......will we get our order? Although I
have to say he is very prompt at getting back to you. Well, it's
something to keep in mind if things don't work out with John in
the future. He does offer smaller sample packs......

I don't think I could handle my whole head done in synth either
Sherrie. I think I would have a mix like Amm and Fina. Although
I see the girls with the full synth and it looks great on them....just
not sure if I can go 100% yet. Waiting for all the ProHair hair to
come next week. I ordered natural wave, curly and the extra
long straight hair.

You have a lot of synth to choose from......??
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 5:39am

SAS...I dont know whats up with Johns company. I am surprised at this change in attitude this order. I knew it was an entirely different attitude right from the beginning process of my order. Had I known this I would have just went elsewhere. I sent them the money in February.....only after they got my money they told me March 15th, and its just been delay delay delay.

Those prices are actually quite good SAS and comparable to hair21 prices. I had forgotten about all of that, between my computer getting wiped out and everything else....my brain has been FRIED!

I dont know how I like the Prostyles hair. I havent used it or even opened up the packages of the natural colors. I have used the funky colors in the past for streaks but its hard to compare just streaks!

Edited by sherrie215
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 12:22am
I'm surprised John is treating you like that especially as you
have been a long time customer of his.

Sherrie, are these prices (wholesale ones) close to Johns?

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=
20590&PN=13&TPN=2

How do you like the ProStyles hair?

Edited by Save~A~Stray
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 12:20am
Yeah, Sherrie, I have bangs that I gel every day, and wash whenever they feel funky (I could do it every day if I needed to). I also frequently wash my scalp without wetting the length (since I'm a dread gal, and wet dreads are heavy), so you could do that if you had greasy roots- just put the length in, say, two braids, and just hold the braids out of the water as you stick your head under the showerhead. The water just runs over your scalp and down your neck, not down the hair, and your roots and scalp dry pretty quickly afterwards.

-Rae
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 11:43pm
i like to wash the top of my head in the sing and just wear my hair on top  of my head... i don't mind if it gets a lil wet...
i love plastikhaar
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 11:39pm
Absolutely wash the top. I do it every single day I work and at least every other day I'm on days off (if not every day then, too). I'm like you, I have to get the product and sprays out or I have a yukky mess.

I pull the hair back in a pony and do all the bang/top washing in the sink. A towel is at the ready to mop up all the water so it doesn't go down the length and then I style as usual. Nothing beats a nice fresh head every single day.

I also use plastic grocery bags to protect my hair in the shower every day. I go over the whole head and tie it off with a hair band. Works great and lots of room for us Texas type hair gals!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 11:38pm
oh yeah, thanks girls! Jenny are you still getting the loose wave the way you like it? So when you use the hotrollers, how long does the curl last? I know weve been through this before! I guess now that Im considering putting the PH or Prostyles on my own head I have to be reminded....DUH!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 11:29pm
Oh, I should've clarified: Washing the top of your hair is no problem! I do that like every day or every other day. But I coil the rest of the hair into a bun in the back covered by a few shower caps, then just wash the front facing forward (toward the shower head) so no water really hits the length. Does that make sense?

I quite like doing this actually, because it takes WAY less time to do my hair. The bottom is dry and good to go; I only have to style the top.

I intend to try the AMM braid-washing technique next time, too. But that said, I'll probably wait as long as possible to wash the length. A spritz of Febreeze is really all it needs, imo.

:)

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 11:20pm
I just washed my PH 50mm that I had rolled this weekend.  I tried someone(?amm?)'s suggestion of putting it in a ponytail and then washing.  I think since there's less tension from the water weight when its ina braid that there's less chance the curl/wave pulled out.  I will give a full report in the morning.
as for washing just your bangs it can be done but it takes some practice and a detachable shower head or careful use of a plastic cup for pouring water over your head at funny angles.(I like the cup methos over the sink personally)

How much time and for what goes into your hair every morning now?  It might be easier to compare item for item of styling etc HH to synth that way.  Ive never used HH but I"m guessing aside from the obvious treat kindly since its extension hair the rest of the upkeep/styling is similar to any *normal* persons hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic