Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

nickel content of microrings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nickel content of microrings
    Posted: April 25 2005 at 9:02pm
i have decided to go to boogiemama for synthetic extensions. but i was just wondering about the nickel content of doc's microrings, which i may try someday. i'm pretty allergic to nickel, is there any nickelfree alternative besides eurolocs or hairlocs?
StacyMyers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StacyMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 9:10pm

Hey there...

I would not suggest doctored locks microrings if you are allergic to metals.  I have the same problem and broke out in bumps after a week of installation. 

Perhaps the extendatubes brand would be better... not sure.  Maybe some of the other girls can help you find a better alternative.  However, you you want to try doc's microlinks I can send you a few and you can test a couple of strands out with them before installing a full head-- just to be safe.  PM me if you want them.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 9:23pm
I think the extendtubes are nickel too, but I cant remember, maybe someone else thats in the know will say for sure. Maybe shrinkies would be a better option for you!
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 1:36am
Definitely don't use Doc's rings if you're allergic to nickel.

(My friend's poor head...)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:28am
boooooo 
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 11:29am

i am wondering if its the material your alergic to or this-

what if the tube was placed so tight up to your scalp, and when you slept it rubbed your scalp making a scab ( sometimes the tubes can be scratchy) and the bumps you felt were scabs just trying to heal and purhaps if you placed them a bit lower on the hair shaft, it wouldnt make a scab. I know this becuase the girl who does my hair sometimes goes to close and i have had small bumps and it goes a way in a day or so . Now i have to remind her to not go so tight. our scalps are so sensitive too.

could be you are alergic to them but try considering what i suggusted.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 11:44am
me? no i've never worn microrings. i know i'm allergic to nickel because of the jewelry i wore and my nickel flute.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:55pm
oh ok got ya!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 11:00pm
I thought you were going to Braiding Mecca, aka Boogiemama? You won't need anything but a photographer and a booking agent after that!
If you want to add more hair or whatever and you're allergic to nickel, just do shrinkies. Problem solved.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 12:15am
TanglesRC- no, it's definitely the nickel. I just did a really tight braided weave on the same friend, and her head is doing fine!

-Rae

Edited by zapevaj

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 12:57am
i SAID right in the beginning of my post " i have decided to go to boogiemama for synthetic extensions." 
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 6:02am
Excellent choice, Kat. I LOVE her work! You are required to post pics afterward (just so you know). :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 10:57am
lol no prob. i will want to showw of as much as possible anyways. won't have the money for  a month at least, tho
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic