Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

That’s it i’m going to leave it alone.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That’s it i’m going to leave it alone.
    Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:17pm

Hi....I've been trying to grow out my hair for over 3 years now.  It all started when I bleached my gorgeous, thick, virgin waist length hair platinum blonde and completely destroyed it and ended up shaving it all of.  Since then I have worn extensions, straightened, bleached, dyed...........basically done everything to my now shoulder length tresses.  I deep condition once a week and trim regularly but continue to do everything that's bad for my hair, so today I decided to throw out my 2 beloved sets of GHD straightners and my hair dryer and replaced them with hot oil treatments and mayonaise.  This time I am going to do it, I will have my waist length hair again-watch this space.

xxxx

It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 7:19am
I too had to make the big decision to stop doing horrible things to my hair and go for length (I was platinum too).  Its hard isn't it?  You get into a mindset where you feel like you just can't go natural or you'll be sacrificing a part of yourself (I did anyway)!  I don't know about you but it was kind of scary for me in the beginning.  I don't regret my decision at all though, and am very happy I did it - you will love your hair even more when you get to keep every bit that grows instead of having to trim it!  Good luck!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 9:01pm
Hi ShockinPinkPetals!

We're pulling for you all the way!    I love your attitude.  It'll serve you well in your endeavor. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 4:43pm

Thank you guys.....I've been doing well....i've deep conditioned once with dove intensive and done one hot-oil treatment....and have also been using herbal esscences spray leave in conditioner- any other miracle treatments u guys can reccomend?

xmuch appreciated.

kisses

xx

Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 6:58pm
Good decision, ShockingPinkPetals! I´m sure you will soon see results. I think the hardest thing with leaving it alone is your self-image. I used to wear a lot of super-red lipstick, and all of a sudden, due to allergy, I couldn´t any more. It took months before I could see myself in the mirror and be happy about it. Like, "who is that plain woman!"
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 1:30pm
You have a great attitude SPP.  I'm sure it'll just be a matter of time before you have those gorgeous waist length tresses again. 
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 4:13pm

You guys are too cute,,,,thanx for all of your replies I will be sure to keep you all updated.

xx

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 4:22pm
Congratulations on starting your long hair journey! You're throwing your GHDs in the trash?
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 3:21pm

yup the GHD'S are in the bin(slimline ones)....although i did cheat by keeping my other pair(thick plate ones)...one step at a time:)

xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 4:33pm
Ok so new update:  I had an inch(yup a whole inch) cut of my hair by one of the stylist at work and had an amazing keristase treatment too (vita cimont-i think). Hair already is looking alot healthier.
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:05pm
I'm glad that you made the right decision and that you and your hair are both doing better.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:07pm

Hi, good luck, waiting for more updates!

Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:18pm

Originally posted by ShockinPinkPetals ShockinPinkPetals wrote:

Ok so new update:  I had an inch(yup a whole inch) cut of my hair by one of the stylist at work and had an amazing keristase treatment too (vita cimont-i think). Hair already is looking alot healthier.

It's amazing how much difference an inch makes, healthwise.  I had two cut off this year (not all at once, of course- I couldn't have handled that ) and my hair really is in such better condition.

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:50pm
Great to hear your hair is already showing signs of improvement, SPP!

And um... Elyse... that's quite a head of hair you have! Tell us about yourself... and your hair too, of course.
Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 9:26pm

Hi Dave, thanks so much! 

Boy, you are good, I have been lurking here for a bit, thought I could just slip in here and act like I belong, you caught me!

My story is kind of different, I'm posting it over on Katja's Hair Storys thread, don't want to hijack Pink's thread here!

See you over there ~ 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 3:28pm
yup i agree dave Elyce does have a wonderfull head of hair- looks super thick and lucious, you go girl!!!.  I am trying soooo hard to stick to my no str8eners ban but i sure am finding it difficult....i hate my natural curls and love wearing my hair str8-it sure is taking some getting used to. xx
Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 5:46pm

Hi Pink, thanks for your nice thoughts! 

Regarding straightening, I used to pull all my hair into a ponytail way up on top to sleep at night, either in a loose bun (gibson girl style), or divide the pony into 2 sections and roll each on a BIG tube roller - like a small frozen juice can.  Have you tried this for straightening?  Good luck!   

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Elyce Elyce wrote:

Hi Dave, thanks so much! 

Boy, you are good, I have been lurking here for a bit, thought I could just slip in here and act like I belong, you caught me!

My story is kind of different, I'm posting it over on Katja's Hair Storys thread, don't want to hijack Pink's thread here!

See you over there ~ 

So Elyce, you thought you could just slip in here unnoticed with that impressive mane?  I don't think so.   But of course, you belong here.

Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 11:41am

Dave, thanks for the friendly welcome.  And since I already love being here, so nice to know I can feel like I belong here too!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 2:04pm

Yeah I have tried that...but because i have short layers in my hair (earlobe length) it ends up with a big kink in the back where it has been twisted and also because my hair is uber curly it just doesn't work..thanks thou.

xx

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic