Print Page | Close Window

That’s it i’m going to leave it alone.

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30819
Printed Date: September 30 2024 at 4:36am

Topic: That’s it i’m going to leave it alone.
Posted By: divinediva
Subject: That’s it i’m going to leave it alone.
Date Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:17pm

Hi....I've been trying to grow out my hair for over 3 years now.  It all started when I bleached my gorgeous, thick, virgin waist length hair platinum blonde and completely destroyed it and ended up shaving it all of.  Since then I have worn extensions, straightened, bleached, dyed...........basically done everything to my now shoulder length tresses.  I deep condition once a week and trim regularly but continue to do everything that's bad for my hair, so today I decided to throw out my 2 beloved sets of GHD straightners and my hair dryer and replaced them with hot oil treatments and mayonaise.  This time I am going to do it, I will have my waist length hair again-watch this space.

xxxx

-------------
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: May 19 2005 at 7:19am
I too had to make the big decision to stop doing horrible things to my hair and go for length (I was platinum too).  Its hard isn't it?  You get into a mindset where you feel like you just can't go natural or you'll be sacrificing a part of yourself (I did anyway)!  I don't know about you but it was kind of scary for me in the beginning.  I don't regret my decision at all though, and am very happy I did it - you will love your hair even more when you get to keep every bit that grows instead of having to trim it!  Good luck!

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: May 19 2005 at 9:01pm
Hi ShockinPinkPetals!

We're pulling for you all the way!    I love your attitude.  It'll serve you well in your endeavor. 

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 4:43pm

Thank you guys.....I've been doing well....i've deep conditioned once with dove intensive and done one hot-oil treatment....and have also been using herbal esscences spray leave in conditioner- any other miracle treatments u guys can reccomend?

xmuch appreciated.

kisses

xx

-------------

Posted By: Viktoria
Date Posted: May 20 2005 at 6:58pm
Good decision, ShockingPinkPetals! Iīm sure you will soon see results. I think the hardest thing with leaving it alone is your self-image. I used to wear a lot of super-red lipstick, and all of a sudden, due to allergy, I couldnīt any more. It took months before I could see myself in the mirror and be happy about it. Like, "who is that plain woman!"

-------------
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Posted By: Katja
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 1:30pm
You have a great attitude SPP.  I'm sure it'll just be a matter of time before you have those gorgeous waist length tresses again. 

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 4:13pm

You guys are too cute,,,,thanx for all of your replies I will be sure to keep you all updated.

xx

-------------

Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 4:22pm
Congratulations on starting your long hair journey! You're throwing your GHDs in the trash?

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Date Posted: May 23 2005 at 3:21pm

yup the GHD'S are in the bin(slimline ones)....although i did cheat by keeping my other pair(thick plate ones)...one step at a time:)

xx

-------------

Date Posted: May 24 2005 at 4:33pm
Ok so new update:  I had an inch(yup a whole inch) cut of my hair by one of the stylist at work and had an amazing keristase treatment too (vita cimont-i think). Hair already is looking alot healthier.

-------------

Posted By: carameldiva
Date Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:05pm
I'm glad that you made the right decision and that you and your hair are both doing better.

-------------
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Posted By: Elyce
Date Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:07pm

Hi, good luck, waiting for more updates!

Posted By: Katja
Date Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:18pm

Originally posted by ShockinPinkPetals ShockinPinkPetals wrote:

Ok so new update:  I had an inch(yup a whole inch) cut of my hair by one of the stylist at work and had an amazing keristase treatment too (vita cimont-i think). Hair already is looking alot healthier.

It's amazing how much difference an inch makes, healthwise.  I had two cut off this year (not all at once, of course- I couldn't have handled that ) and my hair really is in such better condition.

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Date Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:50pm
Great to hear your hair is already showing signs of improvement, SPP!

And um... Elyse... that's quite a head of hair you have! Tell us about yourself... and your hair too, of course.

-------------

Date Posted: May 24 2005 at 9:26pm

Hi Dave, thanks so much! 

Boy, you are good, I have been lurking here for a bit, thought I could just slip in here and act like I belong, you caught me!

My story is kind of different, I'm posting it over on Katja's Hair Storys thread, don't want to hijack Pink's thread here!

See you over there ~ 

Date Posted: May 25 2005 at 3:28pm
yup i agree dave Elyce does have a wonderfull head of hair- looks super thick and lucious, you go girl!!!.  I am trying soooo hard to stick to my no str8eners ban but i sure am finding it difficult....i hate my natural curls and love wearing my hair str8-it sure is taking some getting used to. xx

-------------

Date Posted: May 25 2005 at 5:46pm

Hi Pink, thanks for your nice thoughts! 

Regarding straightening, I used to pull all my hair into a ponytail way up on top to sleep at night, either in a loose bun (gibson girl style), or divide the pony into 2 sections and roll each on a BIG tube roller - like a small frozen juice can.  Have you tried this for straightening?  Good luck!   

Date Posted: May 25 2005 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Elyce Elyce wrote:

Hi Dave, thanks so much! 

Boy, you are good, I have been lurking here for a bit, thought I could just slip in here and act like I belong, you caught me!

My story is kind of different, I'm posting it over on Katja's Hair Storys thread, don't want to hijack Pink's thread here!

See you over there ~ 

So Elyce, you thought you could just slip in here unnoticed with that impressive mane?  I don't think so.   But of course, you belong here.

-------------

Date Posted: May 26 2005 at 11:41am

Dave, thanks for the friendly welcome.  And since I already love being here, so nice to know I can feel like I belong here too!

Date Posted: May 26 2005 at 2:04pm

Yeah I have tried that...but because i have short layers in my hair (earlobe length) it ends up with a big kink in the back where it has been twisted and also because my hair is uber curly it just doesn't work..thanks thou.

xx

-------------

Print Page | Close Window