Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sedu/Solia/MaxiGlide Flat Irons....?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
femmgrangwav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 11:37pm
I'll post my results with the Solia later tomorrow.
Yolligirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yolligirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 1:58pm
I am new to these forums and I am glad I joined.  Layla, I'm glad to see your response for the Maxiglide, I just ordered it and I was wonder if I would be happy with the results.  Now I cannot wait to get it.   Thanks for the great review and instruction.
Life is a journey, Enjoy the ride.

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 9:24pm
Actually that was maybeline who has the maxiglide. I've never used it I was just asking questions about it.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 11:55pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 12:05am

The pics were taken after I came from outside.  The humidity was horrible!!

Is there a product I can use to concur my hair from frizzing and poofing out once I get outside?

Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 11:09am

How hot did you have the iron?  Heat usually counteracts frizziness, so more heat - less frizz.  This will, however, damage your hair in the long run.

I use Biosilk Silk Therapy on each section before I put the iron to it.  It's a good heat protectant, adds slickness and smells great.

Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 11:26am
very nice and thick hair . sorry i dont know what u could use for the frizz......
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 1:14pm

Nice hair!  Have you tried Garnier Fructis anti-frizz serum? I've seen posts about this on other forums.

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Supersugar Supersugar wrote:

How hot did you have the iron?  Heat usually counteracts frizziness, so more heat - less frizz.  This will, however, damage your hair in the long run.

I use Biosilk Silk Therapy on each section before I put the iron to it.  It's a good heat protectant, adds slickness and smells great.

I had it set to the highest temp. as it said in the instructions for ethic hair.

Ok everyone when you put the heat protection on do you put rub it in your hands then apply to your hair and comb it thru or do you put the heat protection serum on each section as you go.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by BrownEyez2 BrownEyez2 wrote:

Nice hair!  Have you tried Garnier Fructis anti-frizz serum? I've seen posts about this on other forums.

Thank you. I looked for it in Wal-mart and couldn't find it.

Edited by femmgrangwav

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 2:37pm

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

very nice and thick hair . sorry i dont know what u could use for the frizz......

Thank you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 4:38pm
Each section.  Just because my ends need so protection so desperately.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 7:42pm

I do have one more issue.....

MY ENDS. When I flat ironed my hair, the ends didn't look too good. I even trimmed them because I thought that was the problem.

It's like the ends are so curly they refuse to staighten. I blow dried my hair before flat ironing.

My hair was staight from the roots but my ends refused to budge.

By using the Garnier Anti-Frizz or the BioSilk Silk Threapy orDeep Brilliance Reflect.....will that help it straighten?

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by femmgrangwav
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 9:53pm
i think you have to load it up with leave in conditioner
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 12:44am

Your hair came out great!  I love, love, love your natural hair too! You can also try using a setting lotion before you blowdry--lottabody works really well on cutting down the frizzies and flyaways.

Originally posted by Supersugar Supersugar wrote:

How hot did you have the iron?  Heat usually counteracts frizziness, so more heat - less frizz. 

ITA.  Thats why alot of people prefer the ceramic irons b/c they heat up warmer than most irons with a more even, controlled heat.  The end result is a sleeker, salon-like finish. But like Supersugar said, using them too often can be too much on your hair.  I bought an FHI and used it on my mom- she loved the results.  I'll see if I can post the pics--

You can't really see the newgrowth as well but she's about 8 weeks post relaxer in the first pic. She's gonna kill me.

Edited by Sistaslick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 12:10pm

Thanks!!  I'm seriously taking notes on all these suggestions I'm getting. 

Like I said earlier...I loved everything except my ends...So now I'll try with the suggestions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 1:24pm

I had the same problem - rough, crinkly ends.  And they seemed to get damaged so easily...grrr.  I used the iron to flip them out, but it would hold for maybe four days max and the ends would revert.

The best - the only - solution I've found was to roller set my hair on low heat for about 50 minutes, and flat iron the next day.  Before, when my ends were such a mess, I was airdrying completely.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 1:43pm
Man I don't have a hair dryer to sit under....How much do they run?
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 2:41pm
i got mine for liek 35 or 37 bucks from sallys. its a gold n hot model
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 3:07pm
I bought one from Wal-Mart for about $27-- I think its a Conair or something
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic