Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sedu/Solia/MaxiGlide Flat Irons....?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 1:22pm

Hmm...I wouldn't know what to tell you about humidity, because we got it bad here in Florida, but when I do my hair with a Solia, it stays. 

Sounds like this flat iron isn't quite what you need.  Maybe you should go for the Maxiglide.  In the meantime, though, lay off the heat for a few days...give your hair a rest!

Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
maybeline46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maybeline46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 10:34am

Thank you Browneyez2!  Chile, if you only knew how my hair was looking the day he put that color in....He had to cut several inches off because it had been months since I got my ends trimmed and they were ra-guh-deee. I decided from that point on to take better care of my hair (protecting it at night, moisturinaing properly, all the info you guys give me here). 

I like the maxiglide because it uses steam and that makes me feel better about using the heat.  When I maxiglide, it lasts until I wash it again. Oh, and ladies, you can find most of those irons, maxiglide included on ebay if you want a deal.

http://public.fotki.com/maybeline46/
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 10:40am
Steam scares me. It makes me think of bubble hair.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
femmgrangwav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 10:08pm

Originally posted by Layla Layla wrote:

Steam scares me. It makes me think of bubble hair.

U know I wondered about that b/c I read somewhere that u shouldn't flat iron ur hair wet.  So does the steam cause the same effect?

femmgrangwav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 10:12pm

Here's the info I got from the Pantene site:

Bubble hair

People will tell you that their bubble hair 'just happened', quite suddenly, after they had been doing the same things to their hair for a long time. Then all at once they noticed tiny 'bubbles' in the ends of their hair.
  Invariably, bubble hair is caused by some kind of heating appliance, most often curling irons.

These operate somewhere between 120 and 180 °C, roughly speaking. Water boils at 100 °C. If a hot curling iron is put on to wet hair, it boils the water inside the hair. The boiling water softens the keratin of the cortex; then the steam from the boiling water expands and forms tiny bubbles inside the hair. Eventually the hair breaks off, either at or somewhere near a bubble.
    Every woman who has used curling irons knows that they work better on some days than others. One day she may have them just a little hotter than usual: that might be just enough to cause bubble hair, and for the affected hair to break off.
    Although the sufferer usually claims that her hair was perfectly normal until she changed the hair product she was using, further enquiry always uncovers a history of increased or excessive cosmetic treatments. Usually bubble hair happens to people who are doing a lot of styling to their hair at home. And it is always, always associated with the use of heated appliances on damp hair.

http://www.pantene.com/haircare/hair_twh_97.htm

maybeline46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maybeline46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 10:05pm

I guess the reason the maxiglide doesn't cause bubble hair is because the hair is pretty much dry.  I let mine air dry which doesn't take long.  The steam comes from a compartment in the iron and you push a button for it if you want to use it.  I think this way it is a different effect from putting a hot iron on wet hair.

http://public.fotki.com/maybeline46/
karenTh10012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenTh10012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 3:46pm

I love...Love...LOVE my Sedu flatiron!!! I have had it for 3 1/2 months and just love the way my hair looks and feels when I finish using it ... smooth, silky, soft and shiny!! I have very thick, coarse, wavy hair and with my flatiron I always look like I just stepped out of the salon. I used to have a cheap Revlon flatiron which would take me 4-ever to use and would always snag my hair. I live in South Florida and the minute I would step outside in the humidity, my hair would look like I hadn't done anything to it. With my Sedu, there is no more snagging...the flatiron just glides right through my hair making it soft and shiny. Now when I step outside in the Florida humidity and rain, I say bring it...they are no match for my hair!! This is rated the best because it IS the best. I even took my Sedu to Italy with me this summer. I used a really good converter that I purchased at Radio Shack and I paid really close attention to make sure nothing funky was going on, but it worked perfectly. Ladies, if you're sick and tired of walking around with coarse, frizzy hair like I was, do yourself a favor and purchase this flatiron...a small investment for something that can really raise your self-esteem. You know that when you look good, you feel good. You can be salon beautiful every day...isn't it about time you feel good about how you look?

ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 6:37pm

I love my Solia!

CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
swfsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swfsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2007 at 7:37pm

Sedu is absolutely the best ceramic iron ever.

I have very curly hair and have never in my life been able to wear my hair straight in the summer. As soon as I walk outside (living in hot and humid area), my hair woudl instantly start frissing up, within a half hour it didn't even look like I had spend an hour straightening my hair. This is the only iron I have ever bought that straightens you hair and it actually stays that way. It leaves your hair feeling silky smooth. I have spent thousands of dollars on hair products over my life time and this is the ONLY ONE that works like it sayd it does. I would recommend it very highly. !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic