Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sedu/Solia/MaxiGlide Flat Irons....?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
femmgrangwav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sedu/Solia/MaxiGlide Flat Irons....?
    Posted: May 26 2005 at 1:12am

My hair is napptural.  I was interested in flat ironing my hair.  I'm down to these three products..

Sedu

Solia

MaxiGlide

My question is....out of these three products whic is best for natural hair. 

For those of you who own the Maxiglide....I've read a review that it was heavy and the plates are too huge to get to ur roots.  What are your thoughts on the product...

Also....If I buy the products does anyone know the return policy if I don't like them?

Edited by femmgrangwav

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 1:19pm

BUMP no one?

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 1:31pm

I have a sedu and it works great; but my hair is relaxed. I've spoke with someone online that uses the sedu on her natural hair. The 1" is a good size flat iron to get to the roots. It makes your hair silky unlike other flat irons that just get it straight. 

I've heard the solia is amazing as well. I was choosing between the solia and the sedu.

Someone has a maxiglide listed on craigslist for $50.

Folica accepts returns within 30 days.

Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Callalily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callalily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 11:12pm
Try the miniglide. Just like the maxiglide only smaller.  Or Sedu.  Never heard of Solia.
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2005 at 6:44pm
I'm natural and I use the full size Maxiglide.  It works well for me.
-Happy Hair Days
Kim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 1:07am

Thanks everyone. If I order for Folica is there a reshelving fee?
Also the maxiglide that u saw on craigslists....for what state is it listed in?

Edited by femmgrangwav

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 1:28am

Originally posted by Kim J Kim J wrote:

I'm natural and I use the full size Maxiglide.  It works well for me.

Is it heavy?  And do you find that the plate is too large?

Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 1:03pm

If you send Folica a before/after picture they can use on their website, they will extend your warranty to one year.

My Solia works very well.

Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 8:59pm
I think you just have to pay the shipping to send it back. I don't remember what state the iron on craigslist was. I've never been to craigslist before it just came up in my google results.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Supersugar Supersugar wrote:

If you send Folica a before/after picture they can use on their website, they will extend your warranty to one year.

My Solia works very well.

Wow that's good to know!! Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by Callalily Callalily wrote:

Try the miniglide. Just like the maxiglide only smaller.  Or Sedu.  Never heard of Solia.

The miniglide doesn't have the steamburst

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by Layla Layla wrote:

I think you just have to pay the shipping to send it back. I don't remember what state the iron on craigslist was. I've never been to craigslist before it just came up in my google results.

Thanks I checked the site and as  you said they have a 30 day money back guarantee granted u pay for shipping.  That is a blessing!!

I did a google search and did find the craigslist post but it already expired.

Edited by femmgrangwav

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by femmgrangwav femmgrangwav wrote:

My hair is napptural.  I was interested in flat ironing my hair.  I'm down to these three products..

Sedu

Solia

MaxiGlide

My question is....out of these three products whic is best for natural hair. 

For those of you who own the Maxiglide....I've read a review that it was heavy and the plates are too huge to get to ur roots.  What are your thoughts on the product...

Also....If I buy the products does anyone know the return policy if I don't like them?

Overall, I've seen mixed reviews on the maxiglide.....

The Sedu is quite a bit over my budget

Soooooo, drumroll!!!!

I bought the Solia.  It should be here by Friday or Saturday.  I bought it from Folica so if I don't like it I can always return it.  If it doesn't work well with my hair then I'll save for the Sedu.

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 4:40pm
what size did you get? im interested in the 3/4 inch one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 5:44pm
I got the 1 inch.
maybeline46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maybeline46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 1:01pm
I have been using the maxiglide for about 8 mos.  May aunt bought two and gave me one.  I don't go anywhere without it.  My hair is natural and people think I have a perm.  I went to a new hairdresser and he wet a strand of my hair for a strand test before coloring and he said "honey your hair is curling right up, when is the last time you had a relaxer?" I have even let some up my girls with relaxers use it on their new growth, and they all wanted to get one.  To me, it is a miracle worker.  I get to my roots with no problem at all and I don't have to pull on my hair to get it through the teeth.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 1:25pm
Congrats on getting the solia. Those little pins on the maxiglide scare me.
maybeline46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maybeline46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 4:23pm
The pins on the maxiglide don't pull your hair because you are not actually closing the iron completely down.  The steam does most of the work for you without you and your hair should simply slide through. Also, you can take the plate with the pins off and use a smooth plate...my aunt does it that way. I used to press my hair with a hotcomb, but this way it is lighter and silkier, but just as straight!
Princess1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 8:30pm

I am a little skeptical about the steam burst.. wouldn't that make our hair revert? my hairtype is 4a/4b.. do you think maxiglide would work for me?

To whom much is given, much is expected.
www.fotki.com/princess121
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 7:42am
I think the steam is like when you're ironing your clothes. It doesn't make the clothes wrinkly again it helps get out stubborn wrinkles/curls.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic