Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to lose weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
zola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to lose weight
    Posted: May 26 2005 at 1:40pm

First thing u need to do:If you have eaten meat all your life you will need to detox all the access fat that can only go by cleansing your stomach.

1.Drink a smoothie for breakfast bannana or strawberries ( gives u energy and also in bed),

or if do not like milk have homemade apple juice, pineapple.

2. Drink water instead of fizzy drinks, if you do not like water. Have a homemade fruit juice, you can by equipment from department stores..

3. Walk more then taking transport or if u have extra cash get a personal trainer or just go gym.

4. Dont eat chocolate. If you do just once a week as a treat, eat crackers instead if you do not like crackers. Have Corn cakes as a snack it taste just like popcorn.

5. Eat salad as a snack with all your favourite toppings.The more colour on your plate the better your health.

6. Eat fresh white fish......or Lamb. If you prefer chicken make sure to cook it in Olive or coconut oil and always by it from the same place.

The most important........Make dinner from scratch instead of ready made for you and you must eat at least 5 fruits or veg a day, obviously your favourites.

LADIES you will notice the difference when you try on your tightest jeans that you haven't being able to wear for a while in 28days if ur not obiss)

GENTS you will be able to wear your favourite shirt without a tight squeeze around the waist.

If you follow this you will feel a better person. I used to be a 29 in Diesel Jeans and NOW I'm a 26waist and I feel happier, lighter and oosing of confidence.

If you are seriously HAPPY within yourself and your body do not change the way you eat.

Edited by zola
TUSOL
mysweetevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysweetevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 9:47am
How long before you see results?
sweet like honey!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:13am
These are great diet tips, but everyone most likely needs to design her own personal food plan. What works for one person might not be right for someone else.

For people who eat in response to stress/emotions/problems, no food plan is going to be the cure. The solution rests in our thinking, not our eating. I'm speaking from a lifetime of unfortunate experiences.

Elissa
Thin and healthy in body AND mind these days, thank goodness!
[/url]

zola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 12:39pm

1.You will notice a difference within 28days........after that just carry on eating healthy change food options to YOUR favourites fruits and veg as your body will want u to please it.

2.It's not a plan........it's purely changing your routine.The less frozen or junk food u eat the better your body will feel.

TUSOL
DIPLOMAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIPLOMAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 11:21am
Originally posted by zola zola wrote:

First thing u need to do:If you have eaten meat all your life you will need to detox all the access fat that can only go by cleansing your stomach.

1.Drink a smoothie for breakfast bannana or strawberries ( gives u energy and also in bed),

or if do not like milk have homemade apple juice, pineapple.

2. Drink water instead of fizzy drinks, if you do not like water. Have a homemade fruit juice, you can by equipment from department stores..

3. Walk more then taking transport or if u have extra cash get a personal trainer or just go gym.

4. Dont eat chocolate. If you do just once a week as a treat, eat crackers instead if you do not like crackers. Have Corn cakes as a snack it taste just like popcorn.

5. Eat salad as a snack with all your favourite toppings.The more colour on your plate the better your health.

6. Eat fresh white fish......or Lamb. If you prefer chicken make sure to cook it in Olive or coconut oil and always by it from the same place.

The most important........Make dinner from scratch instead of ready made for you and you must eat at least 5 fruits or veg a day, obviously your favourites.

LADIES you will notice the difference when you try on your tightest jeans that you haven't being able to wear for a while in 28days if ur not obiss)

GENTS you will be able to wear your favourite shirt without a tight squeeze around the waist.

If you follow this you will feel a better person. I used to be a 29 in Diesel Jeans and NOW I'm a 26waist and I feel happier, lighter and oosing of confidence.

If you are seriously HAPPY within yourself and your body do not change the way you eat.

1. ABSOLUTELY NO DETOX IS NEEDED, all these fad diets, pill, crash diets are no good for the body at all. You loose the weight, but at the same time your body will be taking your muscles, and burning them off as calories for energy. This is not good, cause you mix detox with cardio and other exercises, you body will be too weak and frail, you can and will sustain serious injuries that will set you back months.

You can eat the occasional red meat, just eat alot less. Like if you want some steak, eat what the human body can handle, little less then 6 onces. Anything more share it with someone. Red meat if good for you in small portions, nice amount of protien and such.

2. Good, eat Fruits and such, but in moderations. Too much fruit can back fire and put too many carbs in your systems. Eat fruit instead of candy and chocolate, but remeber in moderation.

3. Jog, do some form of cardio if you want to see results, if you really want to see nice results, keep your heart and lung at an elavated rate for 30-45 minutes, at least 3 times a week.

4. Again, eat fruit instead of candy. Eat crackas in moderation also, too may simple sugars. If you want more energy, eat more complex sugars, so your body has something to break down.

5. Greenary is also good, just don't drench salad in dressing, which just has empty calories which we don't want.

6. Good Choices of meats and such. But if you want even better result, Stop eating butter, or cut your porptions into very small amount. Stop Drinking Soda, it doesn't rehydrate you and hold alot of water in your body. This causes you to look blouted and such, and we don't want that.

Don't restrict yourself to Fads or anything else, do what makes you feel comfortable. And Remeber, do what makes you feel better about yourself, make the healthy right choice and alwasy stride for the best.

KING JAFFE JOE
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 7:53am
I have a problem with number 5, Ive seen delux salads that have more fat and calories then a big mac.
DIPLOMAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIPLOMAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 12:10pm
It All Depends On the type of Dressing you decide to drenc your salad in. If you want some type of meat to place on top your salad, put grilled chicken lightly season or any fish of your liking. That would be dinner right there, Just go very easy on da Dressing!!
KING JAFFE JOE
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:06am

It's not the salad itself that's loaded in fat and calories, it's what you put on the salad.  Things like full-fat dressing, fried chicken, and crispy noodles are what kill an otherwise perfectly healthy salad.  If you get nothing but veggies and use (a controlled amount of) fat-free dressing, it's not a problem.  If you plan on having just the salad for your meal, go for the grilled chicken, but still be careful to control the portion (don't put like the whole chicken in it -_- ).  If you have bread with your meal, try to choose whole-grain, if at all possible, because they say refined grains can make you fat, too -_- .

It's really hard sometimes to keep up with what we should and shouldn't eat :-P . . .

More awesome than a manatee!
mysweetevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysweetevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 8:56am
Does green tea or grapefruit juice  really help with weight loss?
sweet like honey!
sweetnsassymomm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetnsassymomm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 9:22am

I disagree with you weight loss tips. I have some weight loss tips that can help anyone lose weight.

First of all, you don't need to cut out meat, everything must be eaten in moderation. A human person's stomache should be no larger then a hockey puck in size, so if you eat more then that you are stretching out your stomache. Try eating several times a day but in small intervals. No need for 3 large meals a day.

DO eat breakfast though. This give your body the engery to speed up your matabolism.

Another thing you might want to consider, is the no flour, no sugar diet. Anything with these 2 ingredients you can garuntee you are going to get fat from.

Try walking or something simple like getting up and getting whatever it is that you want by yourself. That extra bit of energy can help you shed the pounds.

Next, try to remember that it takes time to put on the weight, so it could take just as long or longer to take it off.

You can go vegan if you wish, but remember how important your legumes are to your health. You may also try to go gluten free, if you have been having digestive problems, this could be why.

Hit a gym/backyard/running or walking with a buddy. And never forget, don't attmept to lose weight on your own. Involve your docotor, only he/she will know exactly how much you should lose to keep you from looking sick or over-doing it.

Thanks you for your time GOOD LUCK!

~*Monica*~
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 11:55pm
I KNOW its not the salad itself, but when I heard "put whatever you want on it" I had to chime in.
Staci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Staci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 10:25am
Everyone is different, but eating whole foods (and cooking for yourself) and staying away from pre-packaged, processed and fast foods will go a long way all by itself.  Small meals throughout the day keeps your metabolism up, and of course regular excercise.  Remember, carbs aren't always the enemy, but big portions sure can be.   
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 7:35am
Very true Staci!
[/url]

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 6:21pm

Great avatar, Staci.

roxferdmeccos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxferdmeccos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 2:15pm
There are many ways for weight loss. These are some way for weight loss :

* Eat balanced food
* Drink much water
* Avoid junk food
* Do Meditation,yoga,aerobic exercises and swimming 
* Green tea is best
Sharonnita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharonnita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2011 at 9:04am
Dear ladies,
I have tried so hard to loose weight in my lifetime and I have tried everything from detoxing to slimming massages and etcetera. All these methods do work but do NOT last. I have learnt that you have to set realistic goals per month, if you rush and don't succeed you give up! I have lost 12 kilos in 8 weeks and it's staying off! I did this by going to the gym at leafs 3 times a week , drinking a lot of water mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar, eating smaller portions and cooking with almost no oil and less CARBS!   Also go for a walk after you have ate dinner and please do NOT eat after 7PM it really is bad! If you have any requests of seeing pictures of my weight loss please send me a message I would love to help you with this process.

Love and Hugs,

Sharonnita
Milverton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milverton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2011 at 9:25pm
@ ZOLA

thanks for the useful tips!

I have read your whole post and found it has lots of worth for weight loss.

I have Cholesterol problem since 2-3 months and someone suggest me to use krill oil (Krill Doctor Professional brand). I have been started using it since last week and feeling much better than before.

Could you also share your opinion on krill oil?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Milverton - June 06 2011 at 9:26pm
AlexisJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 9:58pm
I like that you mentioned detoxing, many people forget to do that.
One really important thing to note about drinking milk is for it to be organic milk. The reason for this is that NON-Organic milk has artificial hormones and pharmaceuticals that especially effect women when ingested.
Those chemicals not only effect female hormone levels(which effects weight loss) but can also cause cancer.
Organic milk in its natural form is very healthy and can help the body in the ways you discussed.

The good fats in olive and coconut oil are very healthy and good for weight management.
Analyzing and removing all of the things from our diet that harm our body is a great place to start.

Replacing them with healthier natural things is next.
AlexisJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 10:00pm
Ordinary salads with vegetables,fruit and vinegar styled dressings are the standard.
AlexisJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 10:05pm
Ordinary salads with vegetables,fruit and vinegar styled dressings are the standard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic