FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInterracial Curly Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:08am

There are people who ARE interracial that don't have your hair texture and there people who Aren't interracial and do have your hair texture. Once you get over that, you can fully explain your texture because not many people will be able to determine 3b and 3c and then you can post and get great info.

For instance..my cousins are interracial but their hair texture is no where in the 3's they are in the 4's and i have non interracial cousins who hair is in the 3's

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Blended Beauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:13am
I never said that other mixed people can't have other types of hair. I only spoke about my type and tried to explain it.  I don't have to get over anything. I specifically said that the chart is for ANYONE who has that type of hair,not just biracials. I know all about hair and I know that mixed hair comes in all different textures. I was asked about mine. Not others.  I showed the chart so that I could show what my hair was. That is all. I don't know why you attack.
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Blended Beauty Blended Beauty wrote:

That one is too general and skips so many types that people have to say I'm inbetween this and that. The one I posted is for anyone who has the type of hair that is in that range. It's an add on to the old one. I don't know how that old typing system can jump from 2B to 2C like that. They are missing a huge number of people. I think its an ignorant chart.

I wouldn't say ignorant but they are making big jumps.  Not everyone knows about the other chart.  Well, I didn't.  Now I know.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:49am
Yeah it's new. It's an add on to the old one. It just completes it I guess.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:41pm

Noone attacked you just assisting others who don't know that no matters what someone is mixed with...they may have different hair texture.

Go jump on someone else!

Edited by cmesweet
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:43pm
I wasn't jumping. Why did you tell me to get over it. That was the jump.
Bryan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:10pm
im not going to tell you what my race is, because it doesnt matter. but what i do know is that i have been following ekatherines conditioner only routine, and it tamed my curly hair (thanks gurl). my hair is naturally a 3b1 according to blended beauty's chart. my hair used to get puffy and frizzy (much like you described stacie) but thanks to this co routine, my curls are soft and beautiful, and they organize into nice ringlets without products. what i do daily in the shower:
1.) cleanse with suave daily clarifying conditioner
2.) moisturize with biolage conditioning balm (left on for 3 minutes)
3.) moisturize with pantene's deep treatment for colored hair (left on     for one minute)
 as a leave in after the shower i use avon naturals moisturizing conditioner (exact name: poppy flower and almond milk moisturizing conditioner for dry or color treated hair) which i have "spiked" with 2 tbls of evoo
once a week i use a clarifying rinse similar to what ekatherine prescribed earlier.

hth stacie

learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
eKatherine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:14pm
I'm so glad it's worked for you. I discovered Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner on my own, but it's become very popular as the cleansing conditioner to use.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:50pm
Hi, what does hth mean? (sorry)
Bryan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:51pm
hope that helped. sorry, i forget sometimes that not everyone is fluent in instant messenger speak
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:54pm
okydoky
afrolatina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 4:56pm

Blended - Have you tried the Curls line (available thru naturallycurly.com and curls.biz).  This is a line of products that was created specifically with bi/multi racial hair in mind.  The owner, founder is bi-racial.

Your hair sounds like it would be gorgeous with the right products.  I think I understand what you mean by the type of hair that you describe and have friends who are bi-racial (quite common where I live).  My niece is not bi-racial but has hair that sounds similar to yours (sort of).  When wet it is to her waist, but when dry shrinks to mid back, more frizzy / waves than curly.  If she bounces around (very active kid) it becomes Diana Ross like.  Her roots are completely straight. At the very front, she gets this fuzzy halo :)

With anyone’s hair, there are products out there that will work and give you the results you desire.  But, most of the time, it's trial and error until you find one that works for you.  Since your hair is curly (forget ethnicity) it requires moisture (a good conditioner) and the right combo of leave in conditioner / styling products (like a glosser, curly pudding or hair mayo) to bring out and preserve the curl. 

If I were you, I would focus more on the naturallycurly.com.   There is tons more info, product reviews and advice specific to your hair type.  Also, beware of using products with too many harsh chemicals in them.  This can be especially drying and make the frizzy-fro thing even worse.  Look for products that have more natural ingredients, botanicals and essential oils in them. 

Also, it wouldn't hurt to be more open to advice from those who have and love their curly hair, such as Pokahontas.  They may or may not be mixed but their hair may be more silimiar to yours than you care to think.

Good luck!

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 6:25pm
No one said get over it...I said once you get over the situation/issue or topic. But as I have read other posts on the board I see your recieved assistance. I am not one for arguments sooooo, I hope you got the info you needed.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 9:45am
Originally posted by afrolatina afrolatina wrote:

Blended - Have you tried the Curls line (available thru naturallycurly.com and curls.biz).  This is a line of products that was created specifically with bi/multi racial hair in mind.  The owner, founder is bi-racial.

Your hair sounds like it would be gorgeous with the right products.  I think I understand what you mean by the type of hair that you describe and have friends who are bi-racial (quite common where I live).  My niece is not bi-racial but has hair that sounds similar to yours (sort of).  When wet it is to her waist, but when dry shrinks to mid back, more frizzy / waves than curly.  If she bounces around (very active kid) it becomes Diana Ross like.  Her roots are completely straight. At the very front, she gets this fuzzy halo :)

With anyone’s hair, there are products out there that will work and give you the results you desire.  But, most of the time, it's trial and error until you find one that works for you.  Since your hair is curly (forget ethnicity) it requires moisture (a good conditioner) and the right combo of leave in conditioner / styling products (like a glosser, curly pudding or hair mayo) to bring out and preserve the curl. 

If I were you, I would focus more on the naturallycurly.com.   There is tons more info, product reviews and advice specific to your hair type.  Also, beware of using products with too many harsh chemicals in them.  This can be especially drying and make the frizzy-fro thing even worse.  Look for products that have more natural ingredients, botanicals and essential oils in them. 

Also, it wouldn't hurt to be more open to advice from those who have and love their curly hair, such as Pokahontas.  They may or may not be mixed but their hair may be more silimiar to yours than you care to think.

Good luck!

Thanks afrolatina.  That's exactaly what I was trying to say but some people are more focused on race than the hair texture itself.  Curly hair is just that....curly hair.  Like u said, forget ethnicity. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 11:41am

I appreciate everything you are saying. I was just wondering the certain questions I asked. I actually have my own line of hair products for the range of interracial hair. It is not quite similar to curls. I have formulated them differently. I know a lot about hair, genetics and chemistry. I have two science degrees. Really I just wanted to know what people are doing to achieve the effects they want.  Where I'm from people are very open and talking about race. I didn't think it would be a big deal.

Thanks for the help

Stacey

afrolatina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 1:44pm

Several people in this thread have offered very good advice. 

However, Stacey, I think that the whole bi/multi racial spin in your posts specifically overshadows any of the curly hair advice offered, which is sad because this is a curly hair forum.

You say that where you are from people are comfortable discussing race.  Again, this is the wrong forum for that.  And in any case, you have rejected other’s input simply because they are not the same mix as you or on the basis that they did not fit your definition of “bi-racial” or “inter-racial”.   Kind of a contradictory and a very odd way to promote your products by ostracizing those very people who might be more inclined to try them.  Just goes to show you that book smart and people skills don’t necessarily go hand-in-hand.  Hope your products are good enough to sell themselves. 

Me, I’ll continue to purchase products for the curlies in my life from other sources such as Curls.biz.  Ask the founder for hair advice and she never even thinks to ask about one’s ethnicity.  Just asks them to describe their hair challenges so she can help find a solution. 

Good luck and hope you find more people that fit your criteria to conduct your research. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by afrolatina afrolatina wrote:

Several people in this thread have offered very good advice. 

However, Stacey, I think that the whole bi/multi racial spin in your posts specifically overshadows any of the curly hair advice offered, which is sad because this is a curly hair forum.

You say that where you are from people are comfortable discussing race.  Again, this is the wrong forum for that.  And in any case, you have rejected other’s input simply because they are not the same mix as you or on the basis that they did not fit your definition of “bi-racial” or “inter-racial”.   Kind of a contradictory and a very odd way to promote your products by ostracizing those very people who might be more inclined to try them.  Just goes to show you that book smart and people skills don’t necessarily go hand-in-hand.  Hope your products are good enough to sell themselves. 

Me, I’ll continue to purchase products for the curlies in my life from other sources such as Curls.biz.  Ask the founder for hair advice and she never even thinks to ask about one’s ethnicity.  Just asks them to describe their hair challenges so she can help find a solution. 

Good luck and hope you find more people that fit your criteria to conduct your research. 

Exactly! Very well put!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 2:00pm
Actually I didn't promote anything.  I only tried to have a normal conversation and I didn't reject anything. You should reread my posts. It was everyone else who kept trying to shut me up about race. Why does everyone want to deny that not all races, in general, have the same hair. It's like saying green is blue. Curls products are specifically for multiracial hair. It says it on the site. It's not just for curly hair because she also knows that multiracial hair is different than other curly hair. Everyone here seems to want to just argue and prove some sort of point. I wasn't discussing race in general. I was only explaining the type of hair that I have. There's nothing wrong with that. People should have to tippy toe around talking about why they look a certain way. This is not a very friendly place, simply because you've proven my point that curly haired people who are not multiracial don't understand multiracial hair and are determined to say it isn't any different. But really you wouldn't know.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 2:01pm
I meant people 'should not' have to tippy toe
Jennyjen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 3:26pm

I almost posted a reply to Stacy regarding my hair type...BUT I NOT DARE  ...everyone here totally jumped on her question, why, because she is bi-racial??  Bi-racial people usually DO have a different texture of hair, but not all of them. Sometimes knowing the ethnicity of people helps.  I've had several hair stylist ask my mix...and it helped them determine what to put in and do with my hair!!

Edited by Jennyjen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic