Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I can’t pinchbraid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I can’t pinchbraid
    Posted: June 03 2005 at 10:18pm

After I bought a ton of hair, now I can't even use it.  I sat down last night and tonight to do an install, but I just can't do it.  A few months ago I did a few pinchbraids just to try it out and I remember being able to do them alright.  Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but in either case, I can't do them worth a crap now.  I cant get the braid to start at the scalp, it keeps sliding down.  I've sat for hours trying, but it turns out the same everytime.  Then when I go to wrap the thread, I just can't keep all the strays out.  It gets all tangly and messy.  Then when it's finally tied off, the braid looks all loose.  I'm so $%*&*#$ upset!  It's so frustrating.  I'm going to bed now.  I'm too upset.

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 10:32pm
pull the hair to the sides not down to make the braid tight and help keep it close to your scalp.

Chill, if you find a helpful friend you will have an easier time of it.  and if you don't, then you'll either figure it out again or get shrinkies, or extentubes, or...

I have faith that soon enoug you will be posting pics of your new install.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 11:36pm
It takes patience and practice! It helps me to keep the hair a little damp. (Rae suggested to me using a spray bottle)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 12:14am
Exactly. Be sure to section and secure all non-essential hair, then spray the row you're working on. Water is good and my stylist used Sebastian hairspray to stiffen up the row she was working on.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 1:36am
if it makes you feel better, its WAY harder to pinchbraid on yourself then someone else
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 3:29am
Ahh poor chick.  I was like that when I first did fusion.  I got myself in a right old state, got really upset, felt like a failure and that I'd never be able to do it but then one day it all fell into place and I could do it.  Practice does make perfect, don't get too disheartened chick x
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 6:57am
Water, and it helped me to use the sheild I uses for fusion to keep little hairs out. I however have a hard time finding that thread!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 8:36am
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone!   I'm probably going to try again this evening, so I may be back on here posting again! LOL!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 1:10pm

How big do you normally make the sectioning for pinchbraids?  For fusion, I use 1/4" x 1/4".   Would use the same sectioning for pinchbraids? 

Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 3:24pm
That sounds about right to me.
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 1:52am
Just to let u know....It was hard for me, too, but you just have to practice, seriously! You'll get it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 11:31am
I'm about ready to redo my whole head with fusion.  I keep trying and trying, but I'm really not getting the pinchbraids.  I mean, I can braid great, but getting that strand of extension hair to stay in place near the scalp is just not happening for me.  It continues to slide no matter how I try. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic