Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Diet supplements--

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diet supplements--
    Posted: June 07 2005 at 1:25pm

Do anyone use diet supplements to help suppress appetite for weight loss? If so, what kind and what results/effects have you experienced? I'm trying to lose a few pounds gained this winter (cant seem to take off this last 10 no matter what!!)  I just started the Zantrex 3 bcuz of the "more energy" claim to help up my workout time, but they make me feel CRAZY WEIRD!!! (jittery and light-headed, etc) So I've stopped those, but find towards the evening my appetite is out of control! I eat a small breakfast, lunch, sensible dinner and small snacks throughout the day (yogurt, string cheese, carrots, things like that) so I'm not starving myself.  Anyone tried this brand? With what results?  Which brands have you found have or hasn't worked for you?  Any advice appreciated ! TIA

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 1:26am

Just make sure your problem is actually appetite before trying diet pills.  I tried a few different kinds of diet pills years ago, but they did nothing for me; the problem wasn't that I was hungry too much, but that I ate when I wasn't hungry.  If you eat due to cravings, or emotions like boredom or depression, diet pills will be a waste of money.

That said, as far as I can recall, the diet pill that suppressed my appetite most was probably just plain old Dexatrim.  They've probbaly changed the formula since then, though, since when I tried it, there was ephedra in it -_-; .

More awesome than a manatee!
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 7:39pm
Thanks, Kuroneko.  Now that I think about it, the times when I want to eat is when I'm bored ,sitting watching TV, etc.  I'm trying to keep as busy as possible to avoid overeating and increasing my workouts to 2 a day.... I remember the days of ephedra as well..scary ....I'm trying to avoid diet suppl. altogether..
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 2:17pm
I have tried different supplements over the past few years. Nothing was for major weight loss (5 to 10lbs), mostly for energy/appetite suppressant. In my experience I do believe products with ephedra were effective. Yeah, I know they are "bad" for you so I don't want any lectures. I am just being honest. Recently I have tried Ripped Fuel (ephedra free) and it kinda gives the the feeling of downing a double espresso but I am not sure if it actually helps with curbing appetite. One thing I will say, NO SUPPLEMENT will burn fat or make you lose weight strictly by taking it. The reason I feel an ephedra-based product works is because it speeds up your heart (to unhealthy levels for some people) and it totally curbed my appetite and cravings. Therefore, I lost weight. Could also be the mindset. Studies show that there is such a thing as the placebo effect.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 4:35am
I have not used diet suppliments before however the girls I work with swear by "quick trim", so Im going to give it a go in the next week or so.
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 3:34am

I've tried a few supplements, Xenadrine, Hydroxycut, Celuburn, and others, I've went so far as paid $100 or more for weight loss pills. I've used some of the same products with and without ephedrine, and although very unhealthy, I have to agree norskygrl21, those ephedrine products worked like a charm for me, even with little exercise. I've even used runners creatine, but that stuff eats away at your pancreas. Crazy to spend that kinda money on supplements, but I HAVE to stay within very unreasonable weight standards for the army. So I do what I have to do!

I no longer use any of those products, I saw a man fall out and die right in front of me, one minute he was running the next he was on the ground. We later found out that he was taking these supplements, his age and health conditions, may have also been contributing factors, but it was enough to scare me off of em. I continued to exercise, but now I had to work a little harder and keep it on a regular basis, but I wasn't eating right, so I slowly gained the weight back.    Which by the way seems to be a never ending battle.

Regardless of what supplement you decide to take, try not to become dependent on it and still exercise and eat right, so if you stop taking them your still ahead two out of three.

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
28inchhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 28inchhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 10:08am
Yeah there are no actual approved weight loss supplements that are safe...be very careful if you want to take these products, i would not recommend them because they may cause death
currently 22 inches of hair from hairline to ends but i aspire to be 28 inches from hair line to ends in at least a year....currently relaxed 3c
trim2laff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trim2laff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 7:52pm
The Trim Spa with Hoodia worked well for me to make me feel full all day.  I actually had to make myself eat.  The only think I did not like is the size of them. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic