Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gwen Stefani (again)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
paradise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gwen Stefani (again)
    Posted: June 15 2005 at 6:28am

(I did put this topic on the colour forum but I think it's better here)

Hi, I really want my hair mega icy-white blonde - I don't want ANY dark bits at all... I'd love it to be just like Gwen Stefani's, so I've booked a hair appointment to get it bleached all over.

However, I also want it to be curly (like Gwen's) with nice loose tousled curls, not tight ringlets. The only problem is, I don't know whether to have a perm or not because of the damage it might do with the bleaching...do I have to bleach it first or perm it? Or is perming it a big mistake? The other option is for me to buy some heated rollers... the only problem is I really want my hair to be curly everyday, and are rollers a bit of a nightmare to do every single day (time-consuming)...I bought a curling tong but as my hair is quite long and heavy it didn't give me any curls at all... what should I do? Can you get perms that would achieve a nice tousled loose curls look?

This is exactly how I want my hair :-

How could I achieve this look?

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 6:43am

Get extensions like Gwen's. A month or so ago, her hair was this long:

http://www.multifaceted.us/Pictures/bw008_gwen_stefani.JPG

She seems to get "new hair" whenever it's time for a hit CD or video.

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 7:14am
I didn't even notice that she had extensions when I answered your question below. They don't look like extensions, rather like overprocessed and damaged hair.

She should have used plastikhaar.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
paradise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 9:44am

How much would extensions cost? I don't really like the idea of getting them...

What about getting it bleached and permed?

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 10:50am
For extension questions, visit the extension boards. If your hair is already long, extensions are not your solution.

I answered your bleach and perm question below on the hair color board. If you have another question, please post it there and i will try to respond if I am able to help you.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 12:15pm

For me, Gwen Stefani looks like a white witch. I find the contrast of white hair/face and red, red lipstick a real turn off.

Edited by fatmoogas
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 12:01pm
I think that her look is very good, on her!. I don't think anyone else can pull it of... She has been working on that look for quite some time. As have all the stars...  
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 6:15pm
I have seen this look on others and it looked just as good to be honest.I know someone personally with white blonde hair like this(not naturally of course since it very rare) but it looks stunning.She is a natural blonde however so her roots can grow in a little without looking bad.This look is a traffic stopper so wear with caution,lol.The guys cant seem to get enough.And girls cant stand her even though she is a sweetheart.She gets nothing but dirty looks and hateful words.You dont realize how insecure people really are until your out in public with someone like her.
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 1:18pm
Hi there! When I said that I dont think alot of people can pull that look of I ment the whole look. Here in Sweden almost everyone has blond hair and alot of them have natural blond hair just like gwens white blond... I have to agree that some of them are traffic stoppers but in my opinion most of them look really trachy... 
paradise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 3:48pm
Well, I went to the hairdressers today, but they said they didn't have enough time to bleach my hair all over! I was so annoyed as I booked the appointment 2 weeks in advance! However, I found another hairdressers that should be able to fit me in soon. I'm still disappointed though, I really wanted it doing today.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 3:51pm
Hope it goes well.
paradise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 3:47am
Ergh... well, I bought some bendy fabric rollers the other day, which you use on dry hair and sleep on. However, they came out like really Victorian-style ringlets, which REALLY isn't the look I wanted. How would I be able to get Gwen's curls easily? Any tips for using the rollers?
harvestmoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvestmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 12:38pm
I read an interview about Gwen either in Cosmo or Glamour (can't remember) but she said she never trims her hair because it breaks off anyway from the damage of bleaching her hair. But she'd never change her color because she loved it so much. If you got your hair bleached I wouldn't perm it because you would surely have a lot of breakage from the damage. Extensions would be much better.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 1:59pm

I think you will find the style she has on that mag cover uses a lot of products and isn't something you can were all day and keep that look.  That being said, if you still want to try... load your hair with good stong hold gel or mouse, when its barely damp roll it on big sponge rollers.  When its totally dry, spay your hair (still in rollers) with a stong spray.  As you take out the rollers, spray each curl and style with your fingers.  Good luck!

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 1:48am
She's very pretty, but so much hair damage it breaks off all the time. . . that's a bit too high a cost, I would think. . .  I'm sure she'd be even nicer-looking if she would take better care of her hair.
More awesome than a manatee!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 5:24am
I think this relates to the thread on Nicole Kidman. Gwen is trying to blanch herself out into some cartoon type character as a response to natural aging.
paradise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 10:58am

Originally posted by harvestmoon harvestmoon wrote:

I read an interview about Gwen either in Cosmo or Glamour (can't remember) but she said she never trims her hair because it breaks off anyway from the damage of bleaching her hair. But she'd never change her color because she loved it so much. If you got your hair bleached I wouldn't perm it because you would surely have a lot of breakage from the damage. Extensions would be much better.

Yes, I went to a salon the other day and they took some of my hair to bleach it, to see how it would turn out. I had a look and it looked ok but a bit frizzy, and they said they wouldn't reccomend me having it done. But honestly, I am sooo desperate to have it this color, I don't mind a bit of breakage as long as the overall result is good.

They said that the damage was probably because I dyed my hair a few months ago, and that I should probably wait to grow it out, which I really don't want to do. I really want it bleached all over now, do I just go for it? My hair won't all drop out will it?

Edited by paradise
dyeitblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyeitblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 11:12am
Paradise - You should definitely go for this look. I was you
once and I have no regrets. Two things: One, have them dye it
and cut it as short as they have to to make it healthy. If you
have to go buy extensions at that point, do it. I have them and if
you spend the money, it's totally worth it. Two, if you're willing
to compromise a little on the overall max platinum color, you
can make it much easier on your hair. Have your whole head
of hair lightened within two or three shades of platinum and
then come back a few weeks later (after treating the new color
with strong conditioning), and have half or 2/3ds of your hair
taken to Gwen's color.   More of your hair will survive it and
you'll get the look you want.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 2:21am

Has Gwen had plastic surgery?  What did she look like before, then?

Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

I think this relates to the thread on Nicole Kidman. Gwen is trying to blanch herself out into some cartoon type character as a response to natural aging.

More awesome than a manatee!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 2:41am

Not sure about that. We need to ask the expert, Kramer--or go directly to awfulplasticsurgery.com 

Just meant that both of them try to offset the aging process by taking all the color out of themselves--by whatever means.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic