Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help with Plastikhaar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with Plastikhaar
    Posted: June 19 2005 at 11:59am

Well I did my first Plastikhaar install this afternoon.  Couldn't take pictures as it took me 6 hours and she had to rush off as she was going to a Nelly concern.  Even though it looked beautiful I found it really tangly.  I coudn't get a wide toothed comb or brush through it from top to bottom even if I started combing from the bottom.  I trimed it a bit thinking it was the bottom but I still had the same problem.  We dipped it in hot water and used a dryer to blow it out and still had the same problem.  This stuff seems really really tangly, how do I stop it being so tangly.  She had 28 inches xx

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 12:24pm
I find that same exact thing to be true - very tangly. IT gets a bit better as you wear and wash it, but not much. The long length doesn't help either.
Don't have any suggestions, sorry. Just wanted to tell you you're not alone.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 12:36pm

LOL....I have spent two days pretipping PH and Prohair. Pretipped for my own install and pretipped and installed PH for my daughters hair a few days ago...I found the PH and the Prohair both equally tangly too. 

I found finger combing helped and I also found that using the dome spray helped when brushing or combing. I need to find the answers to the tangling issue too. Im scared to end up with a big rats nest on my head when I install this hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 12:39pm
Oh no, I can see I'm going to be installing another free client yikes.  I've also tipped for my own install of length 14inch do you think that will tangle as well xx
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 12:45pm

I find that some colors of the plasktik haar are gets more tangled than others.

Since I have done a few installs with both the plastik haar and the prohair, I think that the prohair is much less tanglly and much softer than the plastik haar.

I still like the plastik haar, you can't beat the color choices and the price!

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 12:48pm

Amanda, dont panic yet! I know its just a matter of how to handle the monofiber. The others who are wearing PH successfully will have the answers for us. I just dont know them. But I know that Jenny, Amm and the others will be able to give us some helpful answers on managing the PH.

Ive noticed the tangliness is usually just the ends....what do you think?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 12:50pm
metalgirl...you think the Prohair is less tangly? I found it about the same, but then I havent worn it yet. My experience is just with my pretipping and daughters install. She only has about 50 streaks of shock pink, so tangling isnt much of an issue.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:01pm
I found that the tangling just happened at the ends.  I'm just starting fitting mine so I'll post pictures when I've done and comment on tangling.  I'm installing with extentubes just in case.  I hope that I don't get a lot of tangling as I'm going out next Saturday for the first time in ages and I want my hair to look nice xx
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:07pm

Yes, I honestly do think that the prohair is less tangly.  I have installed it on 3 clients so far, one of which is the receptionist at our salon (so I can see how it's wearing on a daily basis) and it seems to be less frizzy and gets less tangled.

I am wearing my Plasktik haar clip ins daily (24" long) and also have installed plastik haar on 2 other clients so far, and the hair gets frizzed out just after a few days. I blow out the ends of my hair every 3 days or so.   Also, I find that my own plastik haar must be brushed at least 4+ times a day to keep it from knotting on the ends. 

I have to say I am dissappointed with the performance of the plaktik haar.  It's not too bad, so I'll continue to wear it, but it's just not as great as I thought it would be. 

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:24pm

Amanda - I have a spray that i think would really help.  pm me your address and i'll send it to you.

x

ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:34pm

Hi everybody -

i've had 2 installs with pinchbraids and PH now...i agree about the tangly business; and metalgirl i totally agree with you - some colors are more tangly (and coarse?) than others...

what i have found is that with time, washing, and periodic steaming the PH gets softer and less tangly. i steam it out straight about 1x a week after i wash it and let it air dry (to wash i use generic tea tree oil shampoo, kerasilk conditioner on my hair and the PH, and the dome conditioner as a leave-in). i love the dome conditioner, unfortunately, as i agree with all the hullabaloo about cost, crappy customer service, etc etc. sara from ph said she may have a dome alternative, which would be great. definitely definitely combing with a wide-tooth comb while wet (blasphemy, i know) helps it smooth out and seem less tangly...i brush it out about 3x a day using either dome care or flasher spray...but i really feel once it has a little wear i don't really need the products before brushing...occasionally i also use the biosilk silk therapy (tried the generic and it's crapola) after i brush it smooth.

i have the 50mm installed, but i pretty much wear it straight nowadays. for a little bounce i set it in velvet covered hot rollers.

cheryl

Edited by ccross6032

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:35pm
How do I steam it out?
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 1:42pm

ah - i actually bought a garment steamer. an el cheapo one called "conair professional" i think...anyway, i actually do it like a hair dryer blow-out a la doc's tutorial...my steamer nozzle is the type you can take off a holding pole. i leave it on the pole so that the steam comes out at about neck level, then i take sections of my hair that i've already brushed through and use the steam as if it were a hair dryer doing a blow out. i actually pull the haar through my paddle brush just in front of the steam. i brush each section through about 3-4 times and then go on to the next section. after i'm done i run some biosilk through and it's super smooth. WARNING - like a hair dryer blow out it will straighten out any curl.

jodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 2:17pm

Hi metalgirl,

i've never seen plastikhaar, does it come on a weft so you can wear it as clip-ins, and what is PH?

jodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 2:18pm
Oh actually i got the "PH" bit now!! i cant believe i let that one slip, lol
jodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 2:19pm

amanda & shel,

where do you get your hair from? is it uk?

i wanted to try some form of synthetic because i like the styles you can get and the colours. can you point me in the right direction?

*jodie*
   X
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 2:54pm
Girls, for wearing PH on a regular basis, you definitely need care products. Actually, I think any extensions need the right product, and synth needs its specific thing. Any synth, not just PH. I'm wearing a mix of ProStyles, Dome, Trimco, and Connect-2-Hair right now, and it needs its Flasher spray- not much, just a few spritzes when I brush it out.

Oh, this is totally not coherent; I'm heavily hungover. But. Um Yeah. Care products. Flasher spray or Dome Care. Wearing synth without the care products is like wearing human extensions and not using conditioner.

-Rae
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 3:11pm

I NEVER brush or comb my PH when wet. It's a pain, but worth it.

Re the ProHair vs. PlastikHaar. Sara said that these products both come from the same supplier. The only difference would be in colors that are not the same.

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 3:45pm

Jodie - I use various suppliers but i could recommend American dream for your synthetic hair, they have a thermofibre which is pretty good.

x

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 4:13pm
I actually find PH (and Dome, for that matter) to be less tangly than HH extensions (keep in mind, of course, than my HH extensions were always bleached to hell). I'm wearing 4 bags of the PH down to my butt right now, and I'm not having problems with tangling, but I wear it in a bun a lot around the house and I do detangle a couple of times a day, using the Dome Care spray (the Flasher spray is also quite good). A good wide-tooth comb is essential, as well as a strong plastic brush with fairly widely spaced bristles without those balls on the end (a boar's hair brush is pretty useless for synth, imo).

As everyone else said, the haar does get quite a bit more manageable after washing. I don't know how it compares to Prohair, but PH and Dome are quite comparable in terms of tangling, imo.

One thing I have noticed is, that while I find synth less tangly, it does tend to "bunch up" a bit, because it's somewhat stiffer. Again, the care products and proper comb/brushes are really helpful.

It may also have something to do with the wave pattern you're wearing. I have the 50mm, but I've heard the 28mm is less manageable.

:) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic