Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beeswax to pre-tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 7:05pm
Definitely nail glue over the beeswax. I made the tips the night of the
21st and let them cure until this afternoon. I put one in and it was a
hot little mess. Before the shrinkie could even get to where it needed
to be, the wax melted and spread.

Not sure a hot pot gets hot enough for beeswax. I don't have one to
test. Let me know if you try it.

Eventually I'll do the nail glue and then coat with LG before the
install. I like LG as the final layer. I think it's the added spit under the
shrinkie that's kept this PH install going strong for 2 months. It's
coming time for a change, though.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 8:05pm
If the wax melted before you got the shrinkie anywhere near shrunk why are you sticking with the beeswax?
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 8:16pm
I cover all tips with nail glue anyway so what's under there is merely
a matter of convienence as far as tipping goes.

When the beeswax is hot, the consistency is very fluid. I dip the hair
strands in and everything is covered and I don't have to push it
through. Dip, set aside, dip, set aside. I do about 10 and then go
back and roll. It's warm, soft and chemical free.   
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 8:19pm
sure.

I'm still confused why you are going to use these tips if the wax is melting when you apply it wand getting all over the hair.

SPeak as though I'm a three year old.  Sometimes I'm really thick.
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 8:36pm

Amm will your remover remove the LG?

Off subject but I was thinking ya know what I want are shells with a ruber coat inside so they wont slip. A drop of oil after opening would let them slide off. Not sure if they would go on easy though.Amm or maybe the are in house teck Mocha? Just think no adhesive and I think the cush the rubber or silicone posibly would be less damaging . I also want a plier coated with teflon so it wont chip the shells. This is my dream extension!!! I know someone can make it hapen

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by marie87 marie87 wrote:

Amm will your remover remove the LG?

Yes, it removes both the shrinkie residue and the LG. I bought the LG Remover separately some time ago thinking I needed it but I didn't.

Off subject but I was thinking ya know what I want are shells with a ruber coat inside so they wont slip. A drop of oil after opening would let them slide off. Not sure if they would go on easy though.Amm or maybe the are in house teck Mocha? Just think no adhesive and I think the cush the rubber or silicone posibly would be less damaging . I also want a plier coated with teflon so it wont chip the shells. This is my dream extension!!! I know someone can make it hapen

So.... get on it. Make it happen!
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 11:12pm
on hairpiece, they have a new tool, its a pro release i think, it opens the shells without using the tips- it has a small hole which you place the shell around and close and it pops open the shell, i have a similar one i have been using for sometime now, thats how i prevent damage.
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 11:18pm
Would you settle for a rubber slip cover for the jaws on the pliers?

I'm thinking about the rubber ring thing.

who the heck would manufacture then as one unit?  I can imagine a soft ring ont he inside and the the ring/tube but what purpose in the non hair extension world would a single unit device serve?
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 5:51am
I actualy have been playing with this and looking on line. I have looked in to rubber that they put on a roof and tryed to put rubber cement inside a few shells ( I can't tell if it's in there or not!!) I know nothing about manufacturing. I just know that this sounds like a better shell and many heads are better than one. I will try silicone to. And Mocha I think your on to somthing plier condoms,ya hoo!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 7:46am
I found 'plier condoms' for full size pliers.  Which means it will only take a little work to fing them for tiny pliers.

having to appply a coating tot he inside of each ring sounds umm, painful!
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 1:14pm
Yes I agree painfull. I would love to be able to buy them!!!No slip shells and ruber or silicone against the hair instead of metal sounds safer to me! Tose plier condoms sound like they would be great for my house projects to. Where did you see them?
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 1:17pm
The full size ones are at www.mcmaster.com

I don't remember the page number.  I had to hunt through a lot of pages when the query was pliers.  but I think that soft grip pliers might work.

I'll check smallparts. they aften have curious stuff.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 1:33pm
http://shorinternational.com/PliersNylonBrass.htm

Or how about the tool magic dip  http://www.polymerclayexpress.com/tools4.html

these look similar to the first
http://www.grobetusa.com/ProductDescriptions/flatnosenylon pliers.html

or
http://www.misterart.com/store/view/003/group_id/3585/Bead alon-Nylon-Jaw-Pliers.htm
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 1:52pm
so if i tip with beeswax and coat with nail glue will it shed? :S
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 2:26pm
Thank's for the info Mocha! Look at the threder on the botom of the polemerclay site and that is just like the one I use!! I just buy a spool of craft wire and make a longer loop. Cost less at Short to long but not every body can order from there so this is a great option! You tryed to find one thing and found two
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by kateadreena kateadreena wrote:

so if i tip with beeswax and coat with nail
glue will it shed? :S

The testers that I made do not shed when you pull them from the
bottom, but they did turn chalky white under the shrinkie when I
heated it up. Frankly, under clear shrinkies, the tips blow goats.
There's way too much nail glue needed to protect them.

I stopped using the wax and went back to the latex/Aleene's combo.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 12:06am

okay- update on maintance with shrinks and hairlocs hair.

she had about 20 strands that had come out after 3 full months of wear and for her that was fantastic.

( Funny~all the while i am doing this i am thinking how i will repeat back to the board what i did and the outcome~ funny huh??) i couldnt take the time when i was done to go online from the shop cause i was slammed ALL day with maintance.

ok-

the ones i had to move up i did this-

i heated with wand and slid out the hair, it was intact and the bond was still great,there was NO residue from the bond of the hair and since the heat was on it, i didnt have to heat or spin it- it was already done,

the shrink stayed in  so i again used the wand and slid it all the way out.

i did this to three of the strands. then i staurated a cotton ball with the shrinkie remover,and gently swiped it on the left over residue from the shrinkie, then i rolled my fingers on the hair and it flaked off, some of them needed a gentle combing to get it out, otherwise it came out perfectly. i then reinstalled the shrink and hair on same hair, moving it above the oil. Then i moved on to the next three.

i moved up over 125 of them in 1 1/2 hrs. she totally LOVES them and we feel this is a great success. The maintance for me took a bit more time then a typical hairloc maintance, but once i get the groove going with this it will go quicker.

usually to do a full head of maintance with hairlocs(200 plus) strands, it takes me 1 1/2 hrs

hope this helps~

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 8:47am

Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

Originally posted by kateadreena kateadreena wrote:

so if i tip with beeswax and coat with nail
glue will it shed? :S

The testers that I made do not shed when you pull them from the
bottom, but they did turn chalky white under the shrinkie when I
heated it up. Frankly, under clear shrinkies, the tips blow goats.
There's way too much nail glue needed to protect them.

I stopped using the wax and went back to the latex/Aleene's combo.

ahh

but theoretically it should work under a microring as no heat is needed?

i thought latex was really bad for shedding? and whats aleenes?

msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 12:34pm
Thanks for the review, Tangles--I have been sitting right here at my computer waiting for you to post! LOL.. Congratulations on the success with your customer! I have a few questions though--when you say you do THREE strands, you mean at the same time? Are you using the remover on the three, working it out of that bunch of hair, then re-creating 3 strands with the same bunch of hair to thread the shrinks onto? Or are you keeping the strands seperate somehow? Sorry for asking you to clarify--I am like...DUH?? And are you using the "original" threader we got with class? Or have you found another that is better with the shrinks? I find it hard to get enough hair to equal the amount of the pre-tip--especially for MY baby fine hair! If I could apply those shrinks to thicker strands maybe my hair would tolerate the weight better. And OMG! The reason I QUIT doing hairlocs is because of that "DEATH TO HAIR" TOOL of a remover we used! I believe that is where the most damage occurs...This new tool you use--It totally does away with having to pry and twist open the shells? Wow...that sounds super!!
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 10:32pm

ok ms-

i do one at a time- but i work on three-  so i take one out, move to the next one, and the next one, then i go back to the first one and apply the remover on each of them, then i go to the first one again and reinstall the hair, sometimes i could tell which section had the hair but it doesnt matter, i can just devide the small section into three and apply and then move onto the next three.

i use the origional threader. i can get quite a bit of hair and pull it thru- it takes some manuvering but u can do it.just grab what u want and it will pull right to the shrinkie.

yeah my new tool is really cool

where do u live?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic