Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beeswax to pre-tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by marie87 marie87 wrote:

Amm will your remover remove the LG?

Yes, it removes both the shrinkie residue and the LG. I bought the LG Remover separately some time ago thinking I needed it but I didn't.

Off subject but I was thinking ya know what I want are shells with a ruber coat inside so they wont slip. A drop of oil after opening would let them slide off. Not sure if they would go on easy though.Amm or maybe the are in house teck Mocha? Just think no adhesive and I think the cush the rubber or silicone posibly would be less damaging . I also want a plier coated with teflon so it wont chip the shells. This is my dream extension!!! I know someone can make it hapen

So.... get on it. Make it happen!
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 8:36pm

Amm will your remover remove the LG?

Off subject but I was thinking ya know what I want are shells with a ruber coat inside so they wont slip. A drop of oil after opening would let them slide off. Not sure if they would go on easy though.Amm or maybe the are in house teck Mocha? Just think no adhesive and I think the cush the rubber or silicone posibly would be less damaging . I also want a plier coated with teflon so it wont chip the shells. This is my dream extension!!! I know someone can make it hapen

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 8:19pm
sure.

I'm still confused why you are going to use these tips if the wax is melting when you apply it wand getting all over the hair.

SPeak as though I'm a three year old.  Sometimes I'm really thick.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 8:16pm
I cover all tips with nail glue anyway so what's under there is merely
a matter of convienence as far as tipping goes.

When the beeswax is hot, the consistency is very fluid. I dip the hair
strands in and everything is covered and I don't have to push it
through. Dip, set aside, dip, set aside. I do about 10 and then go
back and roll. It's warm, soft and chemical free.   
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 8:05pm
If the wax melted before you got the shrinkie anywhere near shrunk why are you sticking with the beeswax?
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 7:05pm
Definitely nail glue over the beeswax. I made the tips the night of the
21st and let them cure until this afternoon. I put one in and it was a
hot little mess. Before the shrinkie could even get to where it needed
to be, the wax melted and spread.

Not sure a hot pot gets hot enough for beeswax. I don't have one to
test. Let me know if you try it.

Eventually I'll do the nail glue and then coat with LG before the
install. I like LG as the final layer. I think it's the added spit under the
shrinkie that's kept this PH install going strong for 2 months. It's
coming time for a change, though.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 1:46pm
amm, are you doing a coat of LG or nail glue on top of the beeswax?  I just got LG in.  And once I finally fricken finishg this install (tonight I hope) I need to start pretipping for the next one. 
will beeswax melt ina hot pot?  you can get those at craft stores right?
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 11:19am

this will be my first time{{{virgin}}}}}

she comes in on friday- i will report right after that!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 12:31pm
Tangles--I am in NC. Have you taken shrinkies out before or is this your first gal? Cant wait to hear what happens...it will be the deciding factor between trying them again or going for pinch braids!
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 11:41pm

yes i will tell you for sure- maintance i mean yes i will take them all out, deep condition, trim and then blow dry then reapply her hair back in. I will take good mental notes to tell all.

i did notice when the shrink and strand came out of her head, when i applied heat to remove the shrink off the strand, the hair was intact and so was the bond!

that i know is a good thing!

msft~ where are u located? i did notice the tips on the blonde hair are somtimes thicker.

Edited by TanglesRC
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by RoseRose RoseRose wrote:

Speaking of tipping.

I just read about a womans dog who swallowed some Gorilla Glue and had to have surgery, apparently it expands in the stomach.

Ouch! The dog came through surgery ok, it took 3.5 hours.

I've seen photos of the hardened chunks they've pulled out. Really gross.

I'm tellin' ya, it's a dog eat glue world out there.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 11:26pm

I think the Euroloc hair was also tipped with a wax like substance, and I did try use those strands with the MB shrink links and did not have good luck with it.   I found that the heat melted the wax tips and the hair either shed or slipped out. 

msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 11:17pm
Tangles--PLEASE PLEASE let me know how it goes overall with her... When you say "maintenance"are you taking them all out then putting them all back in the same day? Let me know how removal goes because if there isnt a mess then my problem is solved! I will order new hairlocs hair and apply them with no top coat! ( still wondering if a layer of nail glue may extend the wear though)  Have you noticed the hairlocs tips in lighter colors are more "bendy"than the dark colors? It's weird...
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 10:32pm
Speaking of tipping.

I just read about a womans dog who swallowed some Gorilla Glue and had to have surgery, apparently it expands in the stomach.

Ouch! The dog came through surgery ok, it took 3.5 hours.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 10:30pm

when i applied the hairlocs hair with amms shrinkies i did NOT put anything on the tips at all. They stayed in my client for over 5 weeks then they started to slip out, she has always had a slippage problem and this method has stayed in the best. she loves them. She is due to come in this week for maintance and to reapply the ones that came out. she said she hasnt felt any residue of anything left in her hair after some slipped out. When i do her maintance, i will report further.

msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 9:38pm
Oh,I would definately use something OVER the beeswax tip first...just not tacky glue like I did last time!...I apparently read through the posts too fast last time and remember seeing some good reviews on it. I sent my brother to the store for Liquid Gold...he called and said it didnt see it...so I told himto grab the Aleen's instead...I now know they are meant to be used for 2 different purposes! Jenny-- are you still in your pinchbraids? I am trying to decide if I want to make an appt. with Heather or give the shrinkies another go.  Am also thinking about trying synth hair for the first time! I am not one to spend lots of time on styling!!With my HH there is no way around it!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 9:10pm
I wouldn't be surprised if hairlocs used beeswax for their tips--mine were *very* waxy. They also shed like crazy, though; they just weren't durable.

I wonder if there would be any advantage to using beeswax over glue to pretip: The glue would provide the hold, the wax would "protect" the hair from the glue....

:)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 9:03pm
OK...heres my fear of the wax....have you ever used Torain fusion? Or any other wax based fusion? It is a nightmare to remove, and the bonds break down very quickly. Maybe tipped with nailglue or used with shrinkies wouldnt be so bad. But getting the wax residue out of hair really scares me!
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 8:01pm
 That is so funny,Amm!!! You must be sending me psychic"vibes"!! Yeah...I am kicking myself too!! My mom does mostly microring/hairlocs applications on clients and after Hairlocs said they used beeswax to pre-tip , she bought blocks of the stuff and uses it to RE-tip the clients strands after many months of wear instead of sending it out to Hairlocs and WAITING so long to get it back. It works GREAT with the locs but I was worried about applying heat to it. My mom wanted to use the beeswax to tip some hair to apply my shrinkies and I blew the idea off!OOOPS....guess I should have given it a second thought!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 7:47pm
Amazing.

You guys are talking about beeswax to pretip while I was DOING IT!

I have bricks of the stuff here in my soapmaking supplies.

I melted the wax on the stove into a liquid and tipped both a strand
of human and PH.

Works like a charm. It is incredibly easy and sets up in under a
minute. All the strands look coated and the tip looks like a machine
did it.

For microring apps, this is a dream come true, imo.

For hot applications like shrinkies -- test it OFF the head first. I don't
have time to test it to any extent right now to say one way or the
other what the removal is like but if you put a topcoat of nail glue
over the top anyway, it will be a non-issue.

Beeswax is available almost everywhere. You can get them in bricks
but they are hard to deal with as they're very difficult to cut. There
are also beeswax chips you can get which will probably be more
ideal.

Go down to the craft store and pick up a little smidge of beeswax and
try it. It is so unbelievably easy. I can kick myself for not thinking of
this with so much of it here in the house.

Yeah beeswax!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic