Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

After washing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: After washing?
    Posted: August 01 2005 at 5:23pm
what i do is i part my hair into four sections,apply conditioner(i use a leave-in)to each,then comb each section,and i braid each section which will be 4 big braids and i let hair dry like that.You can also do that with a conditioner you rinse out:and whenever it's time for you to rinse out the conditioner take out the braids hen rinse hair.
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 5:44pm

I usually just pull my hair into a sort of loose bun
and it takes hours to dry but gets less frizzy this way,,
if i let it dry out,, its not gonna be a pretty sight hehe
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
SilverRaine80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverRaine80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 11:58am
I am in transition I would say about 75% natural but my hair is really thick so it feels like 175%. I cannot braid to save my life plus left hand does not function well so I am considering cutting off the rest of the relaxed hair very soon...it will b a year August 6th...Im sooo nervous!!!! When I blow dry it its looks fine but once it sweats/humidifies/puffs out...the texture difference is not so cute...as much I want to hold onto the length it may have to go. The bottom is all natural and the top has about 6-8 inches of relaxed hair....can you imagine a super thick year old fro under a helmet of straight hair???...lololol
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 8:22am
I air dry with my hair in loose braids (not a braidout though.) If your mom is braiding to hard you can ask her to be a bit more gentle.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 4:24pm
SilverRain 80 are you relaxed or natural?  Don't be scared to ask your mom to be patient with your hair and your head.Show her how u do it gently and if she can't do it that way...just do it yourself. Ibeen there, trust me!
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverRaine80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 1:35pm
I chickened out and had my mom braid it again after I washed it but it feels like she ripping hairs out when she does and I hate it, she has no patience at all.
sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 2:21pm

When my hair hair was longer and relaxed, I just braided it and place a satin bonnet/scarf.

Since I've done the BC I just wash it and put on a wave cap.

100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverRaine80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 4:48pm
Thanx guys...And now that its shorter Renee?..I will try it but if get a head full of knots as a results I will come back SCREAMING...JK!!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 12:24pm
I usually airdry in a ponytail like Renee said. 
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 10:57am
when my hair was longer, i would air dry in a ponytail. and i always detangle in the shower. while its in a ponytail, i dont touch or manipulate so it doesnt get tangled. also using a leave in conditioner will help keep the tangles at bay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverRaine80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 9:39am
Do you guys always style/braid or sometimes leave hair loose after washing? How do you avoid tangling (while its drying)?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic