Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing dye stains from wall?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing dye stains from wall?
    Posted: July 16 2005 at 9:33am
My mother is furiated because I stained her wonderful new expensive batheroom. She's driving me nuts. I know very well there are tons of way to remove it successfully, so name a few of them for me.

Keep in mind I live in Ireland so don't recommend any specific US only products.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 10:02am
Actually, dye can be really permanent. Is the wall papered or painted? If it's painted, first give it a little scrub. Be careful to only scrub the stains if the paint is not glossy. Perhaps you could touch up over with fresh paint, using a little brush.

If it's papered and the wallpaper doesn't have a vinyl finish, you shouldn't even try to scrub. There's nothing you can do unless you have leftover wallpaper to patch it with, in which case you would carefully cut out the damaged section, remove it by softening the paste with a small sponge. This may take a while, be patient, and try not to get the rest of the paper wet. Then you would need to cut an exactly matching patch. Talk to a wallpaper store about proper adhesive for this type of repair.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 9:01am
Don't have wallpaper. It was a tiled bathroom.

Unfortunately, I made a similiar mess in my own bathroom in my college house... it's just basic painted white walls. I need to get rid of it, fast!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic