Print Page | Close Window

Removing dye stains from wall?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33048
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 9:20pm

Topic: Removing dye stains from wall?
Posted By: Rosalie
Subject: Removing dye stains from wall?
Date Posted: July 16 2005 at 9:33am
My mother is furiated because I stained her wonderful new expensive batheroom. She's driving me nuts. I know very well there are tons of way to remove it successfully, so name a few of them for me.

Keep in mind I live in Ireland so don't recommend any specific US only products.

Replies:
Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: July 16 2005 at 10:02am
Actually, dye can be really permanent. Is the wall papered or painted? If it's painted, first give it a little scrub. Be careful to only scrub the stains if the paint is not glossy. Perhaps you could touch up over with fresh paint, using a little brush.

If it's papered and the wallpaper doesn't have a vinyl finish, you shouldn't even try to scrub. There's nothing you can do unless you have leftover wallpaper to patch it with, in which case you would carefully cut out the damaged section, remove it by softening the paste with a small sponge. This may take a while, be patient, and try not to get the rest of the paper wet. Then you would need to cut an exactly matching patch. Talk to a wallpaper store about proper adhesive for this type of repair.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: Rosalie
Date Posted: August 07 2005 at 9:01am
Don't have wallpaper. It was a tiled bathroom.

Unfortunately, I made a similiar mess in my own bathroom in my college house... it's just basic painted white walls. I need to get rid of it, fast!

Print Page | Close Window