Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

O/T Woohoo! Im moving! :D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: O/T Woohoo! Im moving! :D
    Posted: August 02 2005 at 10:34pm

Well the boyfriend closed on a house yesterday, and we're gonna move in on saturday (thank god my boss is cool with taking a week off lol) here's what he bought...

Outside view

Im so redecorating

• Quiet Neighborhood
  • 3 Bedrooms/2 Baths
  • Living Area: 1300 sq. ft.
  • Total Area: 1700 sq. ft.
  • Lot Size: 55 x 110
  • Corner lot on dead-end street with no traffic
  • New carpet in master bedroom
  • Wood floors
  • Mexican tile in kitchen and baths
  • Ceramic tile countertops in kitchen and baths
  • All electric appliances
  • 2 car carport
  • French doors in master bedroom leading to rear patio

Its not huge or anything, but its our first house, and its so cute!

Im excited

•  

OHOH I havent lived in a house in SIX YEARS!  Im gonna have a YARD and a GARDEN and a patio in the back and a hammok and hanging plants OHOH and he's putting in a privacy fence and a hottub and I get my OWN kitchen and a bathroom with a GARDEN TUB and WOOD floors   

(my boss was laughing at me when I was on the phone with him cause I wouldnt shut up lol)

Edited by Kalika
    Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 10:48pm
    I'm so jealous.Oh the woes of apartment life,lol.Congratulations.I love wood floors.And I love the tile in the kitchen.Its such a pretty house.My apartment feels even tinier now,lol
    leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 10:58pm
    Nice!  Look at that huge front lawn!  That's as big as my [parents'] house and probably a whole lot cheaper (stupid out-of-control California real estate market).

Yay Kalika!  And I totally envy you for the hot tub. 
    Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 11:03pm

houses are CHEAP where we live, we got it for a steal, they were dying to move out of state for some job thing, he got it for only $125k plus the seller paid 2K for closing costs.  We're buying it from the original owners who built it, and we hired an inspector wo said nothing was wrong with it save a leaky faucet in one of the bathrooms, a couple burnt out bulbs, and the back deck is starting to rot a bit, but we're gonna tear it out anyways.  The foundation and everything is in perfect condition, and the house is just a few years old.  AND we got a one year warrenty on it.

Ahhhh, things are going good right now

That house back where I used to live in seattle would EASILY be more then double the amount.

LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 11:09pm

Oh man that is cheap!

Congradulations

yup I just bought my house in Seattle and it's almost that size but only one bathroom and it was double that. oh and not so quit neighborhood - I hear syrens almost every day!

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 11:17pm
    I used to live in shoreline, its a bit quiter then say, capital hill, but yeah it was noisy too.
    leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 1:09am
    My house is 3 bedroom/2 bathroom, 1200 sq. ft. (in other words, slightly smaller than Kalika's new house), and it would easily sell for $550,000 today.  Isn't that crazy?  My parents bought it for about $125,000 in 1978.  You can see why I still live at home...I can't afford to move out without moving far far away!  =)
    timeless View Drop Down
    Banned
    Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 1:55am

cute house.. felicidades..

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 2:22am
    Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 4:22am
    I love your house chick, I actually prefer it to the bigger one.  I don't like big living spaces xx
    metalgirl View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 9:45am

Kalika, what state do you live in?

Your house looks so cute!

Here in CA, that house would probably cost $275,000! 

Opps, I see you live in Louisiana!  I have always wanted to visit there!

Edited by metalgirl
    Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 9:54am
    thanks.  Im packing right now, if theres one thing i HATE its packing and moving.  I would rather be f**ked in the butt 12 times in a row then pack.
    Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:05am
    You are one sick puppy Kalika but I love your sense of humour xx
    gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 11:44am
    Hey great house!!!  Don't you love the prices in the south???  I am kinda your neighbor, I live in East TX.  I know what you mean about packing, it bites!!!
    zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 12:04pm
    Ha, Kalika, redecorating was the first thing I thought of when I saw the photos! I was like, "Yeah, those flowered curtains don't look like her style at ALL."

Congratulations! Lord, maybe I'll move to Louisiana- these Chicago summers are being good practice for the heat.

-Rae
    Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 12:15pm
    Congratulations!   That is a DARLING house! You're going to be very happy there with your garden and hot tub!

Next thing we know, she'll take out her extensions, get all comfy and pudgy, bake cookies, be a Girl Scout leader...oh yeah, have a couple of kids, get a dog...

Sounds like things are going great for you, Kalika! You have a very cute boyfriend - I remember when he put your PH bombshell hair in with shrinkies! Sounds like a keeper.

Best wishes on your new house! I'd rethink your stand on the packing vs. bu** thing. 12 times? Yikes. I'd rather pack.
    Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 8:49am

Nice House!!! You stole it at that price!

I live in bla @ss southern Ohio and you can't hardly find a deal like that.

Redecorate? Why the gingerbread cookie cutter is toooo cute! I agree with Rae...those drapes are to die for!

Packing does suck...but it's like taking inventory of your life. You can find crap and say "WTF do I have this" or "Oh there's my other earring!" (True story)

So, 12 is the magic number, eh?

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 9:20am

I figured an even dozen would round things out

Syren> I REFUSE to get all comfy and pudgy

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:44pm
    Originally posted by Kalika Kalika wrote:

Syren> I REFUSE to get all comfy and pudgy

Good girl!

I'll check back with you in 10 yrs on your way to your daughter's ballet lessons.

In your minivan.
    Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:46pm

I will cut you.

Anyways, the new minivan is the SUV  haha.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
      Share Topic