Print Page | Close Window

O/T Woohoo! Im moving! :D

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33684
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 3:45pm

Topic: O/T Woohoo! Im moving! :D
Posted By: Kalika
Subject: O/T Woohoo! Im moving! :D
Date Posted: August 02 2005 at 10:34pm

Well the boyfriend closed on a house yesterday, and we're gonna move in on saturday (thank god my boss is cool with taking a week off lol) here's what he bought...

Outside view

Im so redecorating

• Quiet Neighborhood
  • 3 Bedrooms/2 Baths
  • Living Area: 1300 sq. ft.
  • Total Area: 1700 sq. ft.
  • Lot Size: 55 x 110
  • Corner lot on dead-end street with no traffic
  • New carpet in master bedroom
  • Wood floors
  • Mexican tile in kitchen and baths
  • Ceramic tile countertops in kitchen and baths
  • All electric appliances
  • 2 car carport
  • French doors in master bedroom leading to rear patio

Its not huge or anything, but its our first house, and its so cute!

Im excited

•  

OHOH I havent lived in a house in SIX YEARS!  Im gonna have a YARD and a GARDEN and a patio in the back and a hammok and hanging plants OHOH and he's putting in a privacy fence and a hottub and I get my OWN kitchen and a bathroom with a GARDEN TUB and WOOD floors   

(my boss was laughing at me when I was on the phone with him cause I wouldnt shut up lol)

Replies:
    Posted By: Longhairdreams
    Date Posted: August 02 2005 at 10:48pm
    I'm so jealous.Oh the woes of apartment life,lol.Congratulations.I love wood floors.And I love the tile in the kitchen.Its such a pretty house.My apartment feels even tinier now,lol

-------------

Posted By: leia1979
    Date Posted: August 02 2005 at 10:58pm
    Nice!  Look at that huge front lawn!  That's as big as my [parents'] house and probably a whole lot cheaper (stupid out-of-control California real estate market).

Yay Kalika!  And I totally envy you for the hot tub. 

Date Posted: August 02 2005 at 11:03pm

houses are CHEAP where we live, we got it for a steal, they were dying to move out of state for some job thing, he got it for only $125k plus the seller paid 2K for closing costs.  We're buying it from the original owners who built it, and we hired an inspector wo said nothing was wrong with it save a leaky faucet in one of the bathrooms, a couple burnt out bulbs, and the back deck is starting to rot a bit, but we're gonna tear it out anyways.  The foundation and everything is in perfect condition, and the house is just a few years old.  AND we got a one year warrenty on it.

Ahhhh, things are going good right now

That house back where I used to live in seattle would EASILY be more then double the amount.

Posted By: LauraR
    Date Posted: August 02 2005 at 11:09pm

Oh man that is cheap!

Congradulations

yup I just bought my house in Seattle and it's almost that size but only one bathroom and it was double that. oh and not so quit neighborhood - I hear syrens almost every day!

Date Posted: August 02 2005 at 11:17pm
    I used to live in shoreline, its a bit quiter then say, capital hill, but yeah it was noisy too.

Posted By: leia1979
    Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 1:09am
    My house is 3 bedroom/2 bathroom, 1200 sq. ft. (in other words, slightly smaller than Kalika's new house), and it would easily sell for $550,000 today.  Isn't that crazy?  My parents bought it for about $125,000 in 1978.  You can see why I still live at home...I can't afford to move out without moving far far away!  =)

Posted By: timeless
    Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 1:55am

cute house.. felicidades..

Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 2:22am

this'll really make you depressed, a $419k house in Baton Rouge

http://www.fsbobr.com/site100-01/1000977/ei.cfm?M=103&SM=&SC=100672&W=C&P=N&S=1000977&U=1&SS=1&&ver=0 - http://www.fsbobr.com/site100-01/1000977/ei.cfm?M=103&SM =&SC=100672&W=C&P=N&S=1000977&U=1&SS =1&&ver=0

Posted By: Amanda8Beechwoo
    Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 4:22am
    I love your house chick, I actually prefer it to the bigger one.  I don't like big living spaces xx

Posted By: metalgirl
    Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 9:45am

Kalika, what state do you live in?

Your house looks so cute!

Here in CA, that house would probably cost $275,000! 

Opps, I see you live in Louisiana!  I have always wanted to visit there!

-------------
    http://www.Godiva-Hair.com - http://www.Godiva-Hair.com
    http://www.MetamorphosisHairDesign.com - http://www.MetamorphosisHairDesign.com

Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 9:54am
    thanks.  Im packing right now, if theres one thing i HATE its packing and moving.  I would rather be f**ked in the butt 12 times in a row then pack.

Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:05am
    You are one sick puppy Kalika but I love your sense of humour xx

Posted By: gsmilie
    Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 11:44am
    Hey great house!!!  Don't you love the prices in the south???  I am kinda your neighbor, I live in East TX.  I know what you mean about packing, it bites!!!

Posted By: zapevaj
    Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 12:04pm
    Ha, Kalika, redecorating was the first thing I thought of when I saw the photos! I was like, "Yeah, those flowered curtains don't look like her style at ALL."

Congratulations! Lord, maybe I'll move to Louisiana- these Chicago summers are being good practice for the heat.

-Rae

-------------
    http://www.hairalchemy.net - Hair Alchemy

Posted By: Syren123
    Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 12:15pm
    Congratulations!   That is a DARLING house! You're going to be very happy there with your garden and hot tub!

Next thing we know, she'll take out her extensions, get all comfy and pudgy, bake cookies, be a Girl Scout leader...oh yeah, have a couple of kids, get a dog...

Sounds like things are going great for you, Kalika! You have a very cute boyfriend - I remember when he put your PH bombshell hair in with shrinkies! Sounds like a keeper.

Best wishes on your new house! I'd rethink your stand on the packing vs. bu** thing. 12 times? Yikes. I'd rather pack.

Posted By: Gina E
    Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 8:49am

Nice House!!! You stole it at that price!

I live in bla @ss southern Ohio and you can't hardly find a deal like that.

Redecorate? Why the gingerbread cookie cutter is toooo cute! I agree with Rae...those drapes are to die for!

Packing does suck...but it's like taking inventory of your life. You can find crap and say "WTF do I have this" or "Oh there's my other earring!" (True story)

So, 12 is the magic number, eh?

Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 9:20am

I figured an even dozen would round things out

Syren> I REFUSE to get all comfy and pudgy

Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:44pm
    Originally posted by Kalika Kalika wrote:

Syren> I REFUSE to get all comfy and pudgy

Good girl!

I'll check back with you in 10 yrs on your way to your daughter's ballet lessons.

In your minivan.

Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:46pm

I will cut you.

Anyways, the new minivan is the SUV  haha.

Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:51pm
    LOL!!!

Found Kalika's hot button!

Seriously tho...I'm really happy for you! A new house - and a DARLING house, not an old beater - with your great bf, nice boss, lost 15 lbs,....sounds like things really are going well for you and I'm happy about that.

Except your hair fell out.

Posted By: Kimbearly
    Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 5:05pm
    Kalika, sorry about your hair but congratulations on you beautiful new house.  Where I live in NJ your house would cost an easy $350,000 with $8,000 a year in property takes - it's terrible.  The second house looks haunted but I do like the one kids bedroom with the tree - I think I might do that in my toddlers room.  I agree about the SUV being the new minivan.  I have a Toyota Sienna and I am so hating it. I bought the mini van because the SUV a couple of years ago were unsafe but they have now improved them.  In 2 years I have my eye on the Toyota Sequioa SUV(however you spell it).  Again, congratulations on the new home.  Any wedding plans?????

-------------

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 9:00am

lol @ syren

Kim - wedding plans?  eeek!!! Im a 22 year old stripper, it doesnt scream "not ready" any more then this

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 10:21am

Oh Kalika you are too funny

Posted By: amm
    Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 11:12am
    Tupperware party at Kalika's house!

-------------
    http://shrinkies.net - Extension Supplies & Virgin Brazilian Hair

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:04pm
    You mean get the poles out at Kalika's x

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:42pm
    ... I actually DO have a pole

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:47pm

Passion Party

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:42pm

Originally posted by Kalika Kalika wrote:

... I actually DO have a pole

Oh I SO want one! I've been saying that for ever...Where did you get it?

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:04pm
    I got mine at http://www.platinumstages.com

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:17pm

Hey is that you in the demo video???  I give you strippers alot of credit for your pole dances, you gotta have a whole lotta upper body strength!!!  I work out everyday, and I can't even do a "chin-up". 

How's the packing going???

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:18pm
    lol no its not me, and Im almost done packing :)

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:34pm

Thanks Kalika!

You have no idea how excited that just made me!

No drilling holes in the ceiling...genius!

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:35pm
    Yup, thats how I learned how to spin upside down, those things are strong.

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:19pm
    Spin upside down!!!  I can't even spin upside up!!!      Like I said, I give you lots of credit!!!

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 10:57pm
    Gina - they have the same ones on ebay

Posted By: MERGUTHRIE
    Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 11:44am

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOLING kalika!!!

we are looking at a house for 174k tonight and i might add it is super crappy compared to that hahahaha, uhm, it is crappy in general, but it's a house, and i would like for peanut to have a yard and a dog run. (i am lazy)

-------------
    i love plastikhaar

Posted By: elvira
    Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 9:03pm
    That house is beautiful, congrats! That house would be about $400,000 in my hood! We bought our 2bedroom split level ranch in 1990 for $109,000 and now it's worth 4X that. I've put a sunroom on, fence for the dog and a shed and it's never ending but I love living in a house! I'm so happy for you! Oh to be 22 again! I was in your neck of the woods when I worked on a shrimp boat back in the late 70's early 80's! It was wild there!

Posted By: sherrie215
    Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 9:14pm
    I feel pretty lucky.....the average house (decent shape, move in condition) around here in smalltown Ohio runs on the average $90,000 to $110,000. $250,000 would buy you a mansion here!

Posted By: Scotchyroo
    Date Posted: August 13 2005 at 10:44pm
    Sherrie's right, we should colonize Ohio, in the name of hair freedom.

Print Page | Close Window