Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ONE LITTLE QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
baller05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ONE LITTLE QUESTION
    Posted: August 03 2005 at 9:34pm
do ya rock durags outside(parties or clubs)?? dont see the point if u got waves... but people still do it..i didnt brush all that time to durag my hair...i put on lets jam and lets every one see my waves
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 9:47pm
i do but i'm usually wearing a fitted over it.
LIL J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIL J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:12pm
naw playa dont wear yo durag out to parties u want the hoes and the hatting niccas to see u spinning homie
homie if u keep on brushing you will be spinning lyke twista
THECHOSEN1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECHOSEN1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:28pm
yea not really i usally apply lets jam
waveing is mental a barrier u must over come

sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:45pm
wearing du rags to parties n stuff is done by alotta ppl. a dude without waves can rock a du rag. thas y i let every1 see my waves (hard work and progression). im not tryin to hide mine, and i dont wanna fit in wit the crowd. i wanna stand out.

LIL J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIL J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:58pm
HECKS YEA ME TWO I NEVER WEAR A RAG OUT I WANT THEM HOES SEEING MY WAVES AND THE HATTING ASS NICCAS
homie if u keep on brushing you will be spinning lyke twista
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 11:57pm
I don't know what clubs yall go to(maybe there's a big age gap between me and yall) but in the clubs in NJ it is very dim/dark, so no matter how much ya spinnin you can't really see the waves.

I'm a lil older than some of you and From my experience, mature adult men don't hate on another brother's waves/hair at all, and women aren't getting sprung on a dude cause he got nice waves, That's more common in GS/HS.
JordanCollecta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanCollecta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:02pm
hahahahaha. true dat. when i go to parties n $hit i usally wear a fitted or head band
It aint me, its my jewlery thats pissed off
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:29pm
Not in public do I ever where a rag. I'm too old and judged too hard by others to wear a rag or cap in public.
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 10:01pm
yeah, i wouldnt wear a du rag in public ne where. whether it be a party/club or a supermarket. i think it looks unpresentable and i cant have all the eyes of strangers on me who stereotype. but yeah 360, im in HS, so it works for me...

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by sjay sjay wrote:

yeah, i wouldnt wear a du rag in public ne where. whether it be a party/club or a supermarket. i think it looks unpresentable and i cant have all the eyes of strangers on me who stereotype. but yeah 360, im in HS, so it works for me...

where the heck you live? just by being a black  your gonna be stereotyped

if your wearing a suit with your du-rag or dressed conservative with a du-rag on, then yeah that is "unpresentable". but if your into urban fashion then its acceptable cause if you look at the videos or go to a urban fashion showcase your gonna see it.

since most of yall wont wear a durag out what do you do when your having a bad hair day and you haven't had a cut in a month or so? i know im not the only one that try to let their hair grow out for a month or 2 to get their waves deeper.
sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 11:06pm
thas the problem. i dont wanna look like the guys in videos.. most of them set bad examples that play into the stereotype itself. around here, we dont have urban showcases, and not every1 is all hood like or w/e. we have a wide variety of diff ppl from diff backgrounds. ppl wit du rags are stereotype as well as ppl wit chains n stuff are labeled goths, or guys wit trucker hats are labeled rednecks. if im already gonna be stereotyped by bein black, y should i add to the stereotype by playin into it?...

Rence119 View Drop Down
hip hop director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rence119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 11:21pm
i just throw my durag on without tying it and throw on my fitted plain and simple
We will always remeber you MJ u are the greatest.

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
1st in career ppg at 30.1
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:17am
I knew you were gonna say that, I knew it....

Well any way whether your adding to the stereotype or not these ignorant people that live amonst us will still have the same perception of us.

Dude I not trying to get into a debate with you...hahaha    we can keep it moving...........360spinna---->OUT
Thats Riiiiiite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thats Riiiiiite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:02am
Originally posted by sjay sjay wrote:

mayne f dat if I need to wear one while im in the public then ima wear one people can judge me all they want cause they dont know me n I dont give a damn what they think but I bet they wont say or do ne thing to me doe so I say uck it
gotwaves740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotwaves740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:24pm
if you got some nice 360s then y would you wear a durag?  i'd rather have ppl see my waves anyway.  like sjay and biggmike said, you're just playin into the stereotype of the black guys you see in videos and stuff. 
Got them waves so serious, it make dudes delirious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thats Riiiiiite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:44pm
mayne whateva what if I I just put my durag on afta doin my meth n lets say I had to goto the store u tellin me I shouldnt wear it just cause we as black people should stay away from the stereotype. Look im wearin a durag for a porpose iight not to look cool or whateva n as long a u know that who cares what others think. Yall just worried about lookin bad in front of others SMH
gotwaves740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotwaves740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:46pm
well i guess thats different but im talkin about u wearing a durag just to wear it.  not because u need to
Got them waves so serious, it make dudes delirious
baller05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:59pm
hummm i feel a war is bout to start

**sits down and eats popcorn**

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thats Riiiiiite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:00pm
^^^^no war im just sayin. iight then but theres no point for that cause we tryina show off r waves but none of yall said that if u needed to wear on that u would like spinna said what if ya wolfin ya hair out n ya ish aint lookin good what cha gon do then, u dont wanna look like the stereotype so u gon have a nappy head den?  not me

Edited by Thats Riiiiiite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic